Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stray Gator View Post
    As a season ticket holder, I must say that I am disappointed by the absence of any high-quality opponents on the non-conference home schedule this year.
    We shall now reward you by jacking up your ticket prices yet again, sir.

For those you wanting to try your luck with the Iron Dukes, Duke has put the orders for the KS, Cal, and Gtwn/TX games up on goduke.com.

Is there any update on when the schedule will be released? I remember that for many years it was pretty consistently out by August 15. I know that TV plays a huge factor in things, but it would be nice to get it out, even if game times are not finalized (though the increasing number of "Game Time: TBD" on the schedule in recent years has been really frustrating).

It has been close to 9/15 in recent years and typically in the middle of the week to prevent overshadowing football. I would guess 9/12/19 (Th) or 9/17/19 (Tu).

Keep in mind there will be plenty of TBD times on the September schedule, particularly with the ACC-N. You will know the M/T/W and Sat/Sun splits, but that might be it.

Twitter says the schedules are coming out Thursday at 9:00 pm.

Live on accn.

the espnIZATION of the acc, a conference unlike any other, in full force. Blech.

Just give us the damn schedule, please.

Before the schedule drops, perhaps now is an appropriate time to ask - who does everyone think the top teams in the conference will be? Besides us I’d say Louisville and the CHeats. And you can never count out Virginia regardless of how much they’ve lost. Who else might make a splash?

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Before the schedule drops, perhaps now is an appropriate time to ask - who does everyone think the top teams in the conference will be? Besides us I’d say Louisville and the CHeats. And you can never count out Virginia regardless of how much they’ve lost. Who else might make a splash?
    Virginia is sure to be up there, IMO. Key, Diatike, and Huff will be a very good front line in the ACC. You know the Cavs will play great D. I'd expect them to easily be a top 20 team all season long. I see Duke and Louisville at the top with Virginia and UNC only a tiny bit below the top two.

After those 4, I think there is a bit of a drop to teams like NC State, FSU, and Syracuse, though I would guess all three of those teams will be solidly in the NCAA tournament mix. After that you get to teams like Notre Dame, Miami, and Clemson. It is likely that at least one of those teams surprises and rises into the top half of the league, but it is anyone's guess which one it will be.

-Jason "I have not done enough research yet to give you anything more than that" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Friday Dec. 6 at Virginia Tech * Blacksburg, Va. ACCN TBA
    Tuesday Dec. 31 Boston College * Durham, N.C. ACCN TBA
    Saturday Jan. 4 at Miami * Coral Gables, Fla. ESPN TBA
    Wednesday Jan. 8 at Georgia Tech * Atlanta, Ga. ACCN TBA
    Saturday Jan. 11 Wake Forest * Durham, N.C. ACCN TBA
    Tuesday Jan. 14 at Clemson * Clemson, S.C. ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU/ACCN TBA
    Saturday Jan. 18 Louisville * Durham, N.C. ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU TBA
    Tuesday Jan. 21 Miami * Durham, N.C. ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU TBA
    Tuesday Jan. 28 Pittsburgh * Durham, N.C. ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU TBA
    Saturday Feb. 1 at Syracuse * Syracuse, N.Y. ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU TBA
    Tuesday Feb. 4 at Boston College * Chestnut Hill, Mass. ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU/ACCN TBA
    Saturday Feb. 8 at North Carolina * Chapel Hill, N.C. ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU/ACCN TBA
    Monday Feb. 10 Florida State * Durham, N.C. ESPN TBA
    Saturday Feb. 15 Notre Dame * Durham, N.C. ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU/ACCN TBA
    Wednesday Feb. 19 at NC State * Raleigh, N.C. ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU TBA
    Saturday Feb. 22 Virginia Tech * Durham, N.C. ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU/ACCN TBA
    Tuesday Feb. 25 at Wake Forest * Winston-Salem, N.C. ACCN TBA
    Saturday Feb. 29 at Virginia * Charlottesville, Va. ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU TBA
    Monday March 2 NC State * Durham, N.C. ESPN TBA
    Saturday March 7 North Carolina * Durham, N.C. ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU/ACCN
    Last edited by duke2x; 09-12-2019 at 09:43 PM. Reason: bad internet

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    Tuesday Dec. 31 Boston College * Durham, N.C. ACCN TBA
    Saturday Jan. 4 at Miami * Coral Gables, Fla. ESPN TBA
    Wednesday Jan. 8 at Georgia Tech * Atlanta, Ga. ACCN TBA
    Saturday Jan. 11 Wake Forest * Durham, N.C. ACCN TBA
    Tuesday Jan. 14 at Clemson * Clemson, S.C. ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU/ACCN TBA
    Saturday Jan. 18 Louisville * Durham, N.C. ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU TBA
    Tuesday Jan. 21 Miami * Durham, N.C. ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU TBA
    Tuesday Jan. 28 Pittsburgh * Durham, N.C. ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU TBA
    Saturday Feb. 1 at Syracuse * Syracuse, N.Y. ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU TBA
    Tuesday Feb. 4 at Boston College * Chestnut Hill, Mass. ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU/ACCN TBA
    Monday Feb. 10 Florida State * Durham, N.C. ESPN TBA
    Saturday Feb. 15 Notre Dame * Durham, N.C. ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU/ACCN TBA
    Wednesday Feb. 19 at NC State * Raleigh, N.C. ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU TBA
    Saturday Feb. 22 Virginia Tech * Durham, N.C. ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU/ACCN TBA
    Tuesday Feb. 25 at Wake Forest * Winston-Salem, N.C. ACCN TBA
    Saturday Feb. 29 at Virginia * Charlottesville, Va. ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU TBA
    Monday March 2 NC State * Durham, N.C. ESPN TBA
    Saturday March 7 North Carolina * Durham, N.C. ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU/ACCN
    All times TBA? WTF? They haven’t had enough time?

Nope per goduke. Remember the messenger is never good for target practice.

Interesting that we have a weekend in January and a weekend in February with no games. Is it possible we could add another non-conference game or is the schedule totally done?

Quote Originally Posted by 22JumpShots View Post
    Been waiting for awhile now for Duke to be able to play the Pack twice per year in regular season play! I think every year Duke should play Wake twice, Pack twice, and ofc the cheats... even though I hate the cheats.
    Seeing as how the coach and the rest of the athletic department threw the UNC/NSCU rivalry under the bus, don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen.

Tough start, playing 3 out of our first 4 on the road including the opener at the house of horrors that is Blackburg. After that the schedule *seems* pretty easy until 1/18 at Louisville. Of the top teams we play UVA road only, UL home only, and of course the CHeats twice. That's not too bad, it felt like last year we played all the top teams twice.

The other thing I look for is two-day turnarounds. We have two of them @CHeats followed by FSU at home, and @UVA followed by State at home. In both cases the second game could be a trap.

Hard to take much more from the schedule without knowing who the other good teams will be.

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    All times TBA? WTF? They haven’t had enough time?
    They are holding lots of games for ACCN to use as carriage leverage, thus gametimes are also being held.

Note that for the first time since 1991, both Duke-Carolina games are on Saturday and both could be on ACCN.
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    So now our first game against UNC is more than 2 months into our conference season?

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    So now our first game against UNC is more than 2 months into our conference season?
    Yeah, you have to go all the way back to 2017 to find a season where we played an ACC games in early Dec and then played the Heels in early Feb.

Playing Carolina in February has been the new normal for a while now. I won't be at all surprised if the ACC someday schedules the UNC games as the final 2 games of the season.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Yeah, you have to go all the way back to 2017 to find a season where we played an ACC games in early Dec and then played the Heels in early Feb.

Playing Carolina in February has been the new normal for a while now. I won't be at all surprised if the ACC someday schedules the UNC games as the final 2 games of the season.
    Apologies. I had forgotten that the 2017 loss at Boston College was on December 9, a full three weeks before Duke’s second ACC game. That season had nearly a 2-month wait until UNC on February 8 (our 11th ACC game).

I’ve used to the new normal of playing UNC in February and March, but the early December start to ACC play makes the wait seem longer.

Didn't know where to put this, so mods please move to appropriate thread if you feel it should be somewhere else.

I was watching the new Duke Blue Planet video, and Wendell Moore mentioned that Cassius Stanley put up a 42" vertical during the combine testing. If so, that is an excellent figure for a player that is 6'5" or. For comparison, Tre Duval was at 41.5" at the 2018 NBA Draft Combine while Frank Jackson was at 42.0" the year before. Stanely appears to be at least an inch taller. It puts Stlanely in the 95th percentile of everyone in the sport.

Other players that have posted a similar max vertical leap in recent years include Victor Oladipo and Iman Shumpert.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Didn't know where to put this, so mods please move to appropriate thread if you feel it should be somewhere else.

I was watching the new Duke Blue Planet video, and Wendell Moore mentioned that Cassius Stanley put up a 42" vertical during the combine testing. If so, that is an excellent figure for a player that is 6'5" or. For comparison, Tre Duval was at 41.5" at the 2018 NBA Draft Combine while Frank Jackson was at 42.0" the year before. Stanely appears to be at least an inch taller. It puts Stlanely in the 95th percentile of everyone in the sport.

Other players that have posted a similar max vertical leap in recent years include Victor Oladipo and Iman Shumpert.
    Great info. Thanks for finding/sharing.

With Zion occupying the remainder. By himself.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.