Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by msdukie View Post
    It was at the Meadowlands.
    Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    Face palm...I was at that game, too. My memory isn't what it once was.
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    I was there too, with about a dozen fraternity brothers. During the second half, with Duke up a lot, we chanted “Just like Clemson! Clap, clap, clap clap clap!” loud enough that Rick Barnes turned his head in our direction and glowered at us and waved! It may have been a one-finger salute. We loved it! LGD GTHc!

We’ll be there again in November.
    In English's defense, JJ also had an excellent game against Texas at MSG. And, according to the article below, the "Just like Clemson" chant was at the MSG game.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...meId=233540150
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

ESPN says the Empire Classic will, as we speculated, feature Duke vs. Cal and Gtown vs. Texas as the two first round matchups.

-Jason "I hope Cal is better than the very bottom of the P12 this season... sheesh!" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

By the way, the two best pre-season tournaments appear to be the Battle for Atlantis and the Maui Invitational.

Maui has both Mich State and Kansas, arguably preseason #1 and #2, though the rest of the field is pretty pedestrian by Maui standards. I guess Anthony Edwards makes UGA interesting:
    Dayton vs. Georgia
    Michigan State vs. Virginia Tech
    Kansas vs. Chaminade
    UCLA vs. BYU

Battle 4 Atlantis features 3 of the top 10 with Gonzaga, UNC, and Michigan as well as quality teams in Oregon, Iowa State, and Seton Hall. Really impressive field:
    Michigan vs. Iowa State
    North Carolina vs. Alabama
    Gonzaga vs. Southern Miss
    Seton Hall vs. Oregon
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

The non-conference schedule has been officially released:

https://twitter.com/DukeMBB/status/1149385588950405121

They've released Duke's final non-conference schedule.
    Duke Schedule 19-20.jpg
    https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/...232504467.html

I had guessed that Duke might play a conference game in December but I don't see when. Looks like it will be two conference games each week from January on.

2019-20 Duke Basketball Non-Conference Schedule

Friday, Oct. 18 -- COUNTDOWN TO CRAZINESS -- Cameron Indoor Stadium
    Saturday, Oct. 26 -- NORTHWEST MISSOURI STATE (Exhibition) -- Cameron Indoor Stadium
    Wednesday, Oct. 30 -- FORT VALLEY STATE (Exhibition) -- Cameron Indoor Stadium
    Tuesday, Nov. 5 – vs. Kansas (State Farm Champions Classic) – New York, N.Y.
    Friday, Nov. 8 -- COLORADO STATE -- Cameron Indoor Stadium
    Tuesday, Nov. 12 -- CENTRAL ARKANSAS (Empire Classic Benefiting Wounded Warrior Project) -- Cameron Indoor Stadium
    Friday, Nov. 15 -- GEORGIA STATE (Empire Classic Benefiting Wounded Warrior Project) -- Cameron Indoor Stadium
    Thursday, Nov. 21 -- vs. California (Empire Classic Benefiting Wounded Warrior Project) -- New York, N.Y.
    Friday, Nov. 22 -- vs. Georgetown or Texas (Empire Classic Benefiting Wounded Warrior Project) -- New York, N.Y.
    Tuesday, Nov. 26 -- STEPHEN F. AUSTIN -- Cameron Indoor Stadium
    Friday, Nov. 29 – WINTHROP -- Cameron Indoor Stadium
    Tuesday, Dec. 3 -- at Michigan State (Big Ten/ACC Challenge) -- East Lansing, Mich.
    Thursday, Dec. 19 – WOFFORD -- Cameron Indoor Stadium
    Saturday, Dec. 28 – BROWN -- Cameron Indoor Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    I had guessed that Duke might play a conference game in December but I don't see when. Looks like it will be two conference games each week from January on.
    There is clearly an opening the weekend of Dec 7-8 before the exam break. Duke has traditionally played a game the first weekend of December and I strongly suspect we will see an ACC game in that slot this year.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    There is clearly an opening the weekend of Dec 7-8 before the exam break. Duke has traditionally played a game the first weekend of December and I strongly suspect we will see an ACC game in that slot this year.
    We'll see. Michigan State and a conference game in the same week? The reading period begins on the 7th. Do we play games during the reading period?

As a season ticket holder, I must say that I am disappointed by the absence of any high-quality opponents on the non-conference home schedule this year.

The chances that Duke plays an ACC game on that weekend are basically 100%. Remember, this is the year that the ACC goes to a 20 game conference schedule. Additionally, every team in the ACC EXCEPT Duke is going to have a conference game as their opening game of the season. Duke cannot do that because they will open the season at the Champions Classic: http://theacc.com/news/2019/3/15/men...all-games.aspx

So there is a chance that Duke plays 1 ACC game in December, then finishes their season with 19 straight ACC games. Like others have suspected, I think the mid-winter (late January or early February) non-conference game will go away.

Tuesday, Dec. 3 -- at Michigan State (Big Ten/ACC Challenge) -- East Lansing, Mich.
    This is Duke's first road game of the season. So I guess AP voter Graham Couch (who, coincidentally, writes for the Lansing paper) won't be ranking Duke at all until Monday, December 9. If he still has an AP vote.

Men's Hoops non-conference schedule released

Since this version of the non-conference schedule contains speculation, I'm summarizing it here. Most of the early non-conference games are Tuesday and Friday, which prevents an overlap with football.

10/26 NW MO St. (Exh.)
    10/30 Ft. Valley St. (Exh.)
    11/5 v. KS (MSG)
    11/8 CSU
    11/12 C. AR
    11/15 GA St.
    11/21 v. CA (MSG)
    11/22 v. Gtwn/TX (MSG)
    11/26 SF Austin
    11/29 Winthrop
    12/3 @MSU

** ACC opener goes here between 12/4 and 12/11 (exams).
    My hunch is this is Football Championship Saturday.

12/19 Wofford
    12/28 Brown

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    How lucky is Wofford?

They play in Cameron on Dec 19th, and in CARMICHAEL four days earlier, in the Heel's first regular season home game there since 1986.

Besides playing in two electric and storied venues, I'd love for Wofford to be able to say they've beaten the baby blues in both the dome and in Carmichael...in the last three years.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    How lucky is Wofford?

They play in Cameron on Dec 19th, and in CARMICHAEL four days earlier, in the Heel's first regular season home game there since 1986.

Besides playing in two electric and storied venues, I'd love for Wofford to be able to say they've beaten the baby blues in both the dome and in Carmichael...in the last three years.
    I watched that Wofford team play here in Asheville in the SoCon tournament. They were a legit squad with some playmakers and some serious shooters. No idea what their make up is this coming year,but they were fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Gator View Post
    As a season ticket holder, I must say that I am disappointed by the absence of any high-quality opponents on the non-conference home schedule this year.
    Look on the bright side: This makes it more likely that The Streak reaches 20 years . . . . .
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Look on the bright side: This makes it more likely that The Streak reaches 20 years . . . . .
    Bootsy Thornton ain't walking through that door...

The days of the big non-conference series are dead in favor of extra games against Miami and Boston College. The casualties are any extra series like St. John's (or Temple/Georgetown) and a guaranteed MSG game against the best team we can schedule. It will be 1 Big 10 team every 2 years in Cameron. Coach K was even arguing against tournaments like Maui last season because it took up 3 A/N spots.

It’s been like that for a while now, but yeah this season is particularly bad, mainly because our ACC/B10 game is on the road and we apparently no longer have a “bye” slot in the conference schedule (during which we played St. John’s the past two seasons). With the conference schedule having expanded to 20 games I don’t see us ever scheduling a tough OOC opponent at home, there’s just no reason to given the number of tough conference games we’ll already have and the neutral site tournaments that we always commit to.

I’ve received the season ticket application in the mail. I’ve placed a photo of it below. About the only thing it reveals is that Duke will have two conference games in December, one after the MSU game and one after the Brown game on 12/28.
    F2EB7770-EB16-4DF8-91AC-80D17394E35F.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images