Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Out of curiosity, I looked up how the 2020 recruiting class is shaking out. Sylvia has two early commits in the top 25 already. With this news, will Loyal stay loyal?

http://www.espn.com/high-school/girl...s/_/class/2020

(Next year's class, as with Duke, you have to look outside the top 55 to find the first commit.)
    2020 is still early and no one has signed anything...so let's hope not.

NC State has two top 30 recruits for 2019...so can we talk about 2019 please

The cheaters have two Top 75 players in the 2019 class and that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Done. Nice catch. Almost let that line go to waist.
    That would have caused us all to go belly up.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    2020 is still early and no one has signed anything...so let's hope not.

NC State has two top 30 recruits for 2019...so can we talk about 2019 please

The cheaters have two Top 75 players in the 2019 class and that's about it.
    Focused on the 2020 class because that's the next recruiting cycle that matters, 2019 is basically in the books. And seeing that Carolina does have two early recruits signed is a good indicator that they would have one of their most successful classes in years.
    But...now they have to put the breaks on any and all recruiting, knowing that the two commits and and other potential recruits are reading the news. (Which is now on a national level, it has been headline fodder on multiple news sites I visit.)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Focused on the 2020 class because that's the next recruiting cycle that matters, 2019 is basically in the books. And seeing that Carolina does have two early recruits signed is a good indicator that they would have one of their most successful classes in years.
    But...now they have to put the breaks on any and all recruiting, knowing that the two commits and and other potential recruits are reading the news. (Which is now on a national level, it has been headline fodder on multiple news sites I visit.)
    As you refer to in the second part, those verbal commits can easily leave as they haven't signed anything yet. I would expect they are already getting feelers from other schools.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWayne View Post
    As you refer to in the second part, those verbal commits can easily leave as they haven't signed anything yet. I would expect they are already getting feelers from other schools.
    Maybe from P. "I got through my investigation, come to Cameron."
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Of course Hatchell is not in trouble. UNC is investigating itself. Haven't we already seen this movie?

Players say UNC women's basketball coach used a racially insensitive remark and complain of lack of quality coaching. @joelbrown reports on the suspension of Sylvia Hatchell and her staff - live at 11.
    https://twitter.com/DanielsABC11/sta...09333338181633

Quote Originally Posted by CamrnCrz1974 View Post
    wow...that seems totally seems like the kind of person I imagine her to be might say.

Also ironic given the lack of quality coaching coming out of UNC...
    April 1

The quality coaching has been a problem for years, meaning only the former is driving the investigation. I think UNC is going to be all too ready to make a change given her record the past 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    The quality coaching has been a problem for years, meaning only the former is driving the investigation. I think UNC is going to be all too ready to make a change given her record the past 5 years.
    Is it too late to use her wardrobe as grounds for dismissal?

Anyone know what it will cost UNC to fire her?
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    When you can win a national championship in pajamas, I imagine the outside law firm will not recommend that as a basis for dismissal.

Caveat emptor

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    Players should certainly complain if there were comments related to race, but is Steve Daniels trying to tell us that recruits didn't know what kind of coach she was before they signed their letters of intent?

That just shows you why people need to get their news from DBR.

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Anyone know what it will cost UNC to fire her?
    https://lincolngoodwill.org/goodwill...and-conditions

(I truthfully have no idea.)
    Last edited by duke2x; 04-02-2019 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    That suit sailed a decade or more ago.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by chris13 View Post

Third, there is this canard that UNC is a sleeping giant in football. I think that's wrong. If there is a sport that both Duke and UNC are sleeping giants in, it's women's basketball. The moderators can feel free to edit but I think both schools would benefit from new leadership for their women's basketball programs.
    Duke's not a sleeping giant. It's a fallen power that can be restored with the proper leadership.
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

Quote Originally Posted by chris13 View Post
    But I wonder about two things...Third, there is this canard that UNC is a sleeping giant in football. I think that's wrong. If there is a sport that both Duke and UNC are sleeping giants in, it's women's basketball. The moderators can feel free to edit but I think both schools would benefit from new leadership for their women's basketball programs.
    3 things. Don't you actually have to be a giant first? They are more of a tallest midget historically. That goes for WBB as well.

Geno says "The majority of coaches in America are afraid of their players." I know I'll probably get scolded for this "get off my lawn" comment, but god forbid we get into a war that requires us to reinstate the draft. God bless our (volunteer) military.

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-b...-their-players

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Geno says "The majority of coaches in America are afraid of their players." I know I'll probably get scolded for this "get off my lawn" comment, but god forbid we get into a war that requires us to reinstate the draft. God bless our (volunteer) military.

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-b...-their-players
    Sounds like a bunch of whining from Geno to me. Complaining that players have the ability transfer if they don't like the coaching they're getting? What a ridiculous complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    Sounds like a bunch of whining from Geno to me. Complaining that players have the ability transfer if they don't like the coaching they're getting? What a ridiculous complaint.
    I missed the part where he complained about the ability. As opposed to certain women's basketball coaches in the triangle area, Geno has been plenty respectful of players who have transferred from his program.

For people who are too lazy to read the article, here's the actual quote:

Quote Originally Posted by Auriemma
    People gave [Michigan State men's coach] Tom Izzo a lot of grief for something he did on the sideline. His players loved that. He doesn't have to care what you think of it. He just has to care what his players think of it. If his players all transferred, if his players all quit on him, then he went over the line. If his players play really hard for him, they keep winning, they love him, they keep coming back to the program, then that's passion
    Most of the context was him complaining that other COACHES are too soft because they're afraid of what the media will think, when all that matters is whether your players respond. That's why Izzo was not over the line, despite media outrage...because his players responded and DIDN'T give up. A good coach knows where that line is.

Apparently guys like geno and Izzo do, and hatchell and McCallie don't.
    April 1