Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thank you 2019 Duke Blue Devils men's basketball

I just wanted to say thanks .it was a great season. Very much enjoyed watching the team play .a very likeable talented Duke team.be proud of yourselves .enjoyed watching you play.
    Last edited by Bob Green; 03-31-2019 at 07:50 PM.

It was the most enjoyable ride since 2015 and 2010!

These kids deserved to go to the final four, but it wasn't to be today.

Nothing to be ashamed of, and Im sure we will be seeing some of them back for next year (Tre Jones!).

Zion is a generational talent. He is so much fun to watch. Will miss him tremendously.

But it gets you thinking-- if this one-and-done team can't win a NC, then idk if that strategy is still the way to go. Maybe I'm just too in the moment but I think it's a fair question.

I think we will get some natural adjustments once the new NBA eligibility rules come into play.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehk View Post
    It was the most enjoyable ride since 2015 and 2010!

These kids deserved to go to the final four, but it wasn't to be today.

Nothing to be ashamed of, and Im sure we will be seeing some of them back for next year (Tre Jones!).
    This was a great team who gave us their all. Thanks to them for being who they were and what they did for Duke.

Loved this team, hated how it ended.

Thanks, guys! Very good season, and you did hang an ACC championship banner.

lol it doesn't matter

This was one of those special teams. We will miss it. Really want Coach K to get a sixth before he retires and I thought this was his best chance for a couple of years with a once in a generation talent in Zion.

It was a fun team to watch, we had our weaknesses for sure but I don’t think those were caused by having OAD’s, they were just weaknesses. I kind of wish that Kentucky game had never happened because it set our expectations through the roof and made it harder to enjoy the season because we could never live up to them. One of the most enjoyable teams we’ve had in a while, especially because of how good they were on defense. Wish we could have kept the ride going longer but really thankful we made it farther than UNC, won the ACCT title and didn’t lose either of our last two games which we easily could have.

Thanks for starting this thread. I agree!!!
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Second the thoughts on this year's team. A joy to watch. Loved the sense of team that developed over the season. The few weaknesses were most of the time obscured by their strengths - but just not quite enough today. Best wishes to the players that move on to the next level.

It's hard to put this season in perspective right now. That will take time. But so many memories will live on. Zion's dunks were amazing, but his blocks were jaw dropping (the UVA one sticks in my mind)... Jones' D on Syracuse in the first game before he got hurt... Reddish's 3 to win vs. FSU, and RJ's between the legs pass to Reddish for the go-ahead bucket vs. Ville... and oh, the Ville comeback! JGold and Vrank's work against Carolina in the ACC semis and winning the ACC crown again... RJ with a triple double and the freshman scoring record... Spanking Kentucky in the first game... Another 30 win season... I'm sure I will think of more later.

But yes... thank you, Devils. This year was a great ride. K says every season is a lifetime, and this one was well lived. Will see some of you back again next year, some of you in the NBA next year, and wish the rest of you well in the future. For us fans, expectations were not met... but that's what happens when you are lucky enough to be fans of a program that is continually relevant and fighting for championships. We can still appreciate the ride this team gave us.

9F
    Last edited by kako; 03-31-2019 at 08:08 PM. Reason: clicked wrong button too soon
    I will never talk about That Game. GTHC.

What a fun ride! We got an ACC Championship, at least.

Thanks, guys!
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Thanks!

And to the players who will not be back next year: Best of luck in the future.

To those players coming back: Work hard in the off-season, and come back strong next year. We will be there for you!

Really liked this team. They provided thrills and some great basketball.

These guys were proud to wear D-U-K-E on their chest and they represented the University well. Salute!

Quote Originally Posted by J4Kop99 View Post
    Zion is a generational talent. He is so much fun to watch. Will miss him tremendously.

But it gets you thinking-- if this one-and-done team can't win a NC, then idk if that strategy is still the way to go. Maybe I'm just too in the moment but I think it's a fair question.

I think we will get some natural adjustments once the new NBA eligibility rules come into play.
    Ehh, Duke was a Michigan State missed 3 away (or RJ made free throw) from going to the Final 4. Duke was the better team, just not tonight.

But man, what a fun team this was this year. We'll never see someone like Zion again. He's going to kill it in the NBA too (please don't let it be in Cleveland). RJ was unstoppable offensively most of the time. Only thing that stopped him was himself taking poor shots. Reddish had some incredible clutch moments this year. Tre was an absolute beast the last game.

Every team is special in their own way but I think this one was one was probably the most special since 2015. It's unfortunate it couldn't have gone on another week but that's the way sports goes sometimes.

Thank you, Blue Devils. Another season that was fun to watch and cheer. May you all succeed in your future endeavors - wherever they may take you.

For those that might be leaving early, an education is important. Come back for classes as you are able and get your degree.

This is the year my 14 year old daughter became a huge Duke fan (and general hoops fan). Will always be special to me for that. We had a lot of fun. Let's not forget we beat most of the top teams this year. I hope Tony B. gets his championship.

The Brotherhood should be proud.
    So hard right now. Feel for these kids. Tre at the end, I feel you.
    The tournament is so hard. Rarely does the best team win. Such a fun season. This team is so special. In a year where the ACC was so strong, to win the tournament is special.

A painful end to the season, but it’s been a great ride.

Thank you Zion for an astounding season and doing the unthinkable - turning many Duke haters into supporters (at least when you were on the court). I will be watching your dunks for years to come. That play where you ran the length of the floor against multiple UVA players and dunked it still gives me shivers.

Thank you RJ for being a rock throughout the season, always steady and ready to put the team on your back in the toughest of situations.

Thank you Cam for your tremendous efforts on defense and hitting clutch three pointers.

Thank you Tre for your court vision, taking care of the ball, and always guarding the other team’s point guard like a hawk.

Thank you Javin for your heart, your rebounding, your blocks, and refusal to give up.

Thank you Goldwire for your tremendous defensive tenacity and ability to conjure up steals out of thin air and change the momentum of the game.

Thank you Bolden for your heart, interior defense, and your dunks.

Thank you AOC, for your shooting, rebounding, and fearlessness in stepping up when the team needed you.

Thank you Jack for your defense, your blocks, your ferocity on the boards.

The passion with which the team would cheer for the success of other teammates was awesome to see.

I enjoyed the last few months immensely. Win or lose, I’ll never stop rocking Duke Blue.

Thanks to everyone on the team for a fun and exciting season. I hope you will be able look back on it with fondness as soon as the pain of the ending subsides.

This team accomplished a great deal and was a joy to watch. I will miss the ones who move on to other challenges and will cheer again next year for those that remain.

Thanks again.