Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    I love watching these talented players. but please can we mix it up with some core year to year guys. I would love to be able to sya that we will be strong again next year but we cant because there's no telling with the new crop of players.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    0-4 on the lob for zion. 4 TOs.
    He got assaulted on those lobs. They were pushing him and shoving him midair.

But we can't complain. We had our chances to win it.

This team should have been in the final four. Guys just didn't step up (Tre/Cam). In the end the ball only touched RJ's and Zion's hands. Nobody else wanted it.

Back-to-back heartbreaking elite 8 losses

Quote Originally Posted by sbroc012 View Post
    I love watching these talented players. but please can we mix it up with some core year to year guys. I would love to be able to sya that we will be strong again next year but we cant because there's no telling with the new crop of players.
    Well that was quick.

Quote Originally Posted by karmacoma View Post
    Exactly. Either our recruiting strategy or our player development isn't working.
    It’s hard to judge player development off the tournament because it’s so random and such a crap shoot, but it’s so frustrating that the best game the team played all year was the first one. They didn’t get any better. Yes they’re young and had to deal with injuries along the way, but I can’t find an excuse for why the team peaked in November.

Special team. Still the best team this year regardless of a one game tournament. No disrespect to the eventual champion, but I still think this team would win any best of 7.

Shame they will have nothing other ACC tournament championship to hang.

A lot of Freshmen mistakes in this game, but ultimately this L falls on K. Zion hardly got the ball down the stretch. Pretty inexcusable coaching that the best college player in pretty much a decade is on your squad. No disrespected intended, but his lack of adjustments coaching left a lot to be desired in this game. RJ hope you take those FT misses with you to the next level, because you're gonna need them in order to become an all star.

Thanks for the memories fellas. Cam and Tre y'all have the talent to become something special at the next level once you put all your time into working on your game. Hope you all succeed beyond your wildest dreams beyond this year.

Quote Originally Posted by simplyluvin View Post
    Too close. Poor rebounding and too many turnovers. Sad ending to a memorable season and a special team.
    We crushed them on the boards.

Really fun season to watch with a disappointing end. Nevermind. I’ll focus on the fun...
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by Onlyduke View Post
    Is there a link to the presser?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im-DVGLSM14

Tre was absolutely heart broken after the game. I think he'll be back. He was a huge Duke fan before going to Duke. He won't want to end his career like that. The other three obviously will be gone.

Played hard and fought and came up a little short..could have easily been on the winning side but that late 3 (and all the TOs throughout) was the difference. Proud of the team but certainly disappointed in the result. RJ at the FT line has been an adventure all year and somehow he missed when he tried to make and made it when he tried to miss. And the fact we only had three fouls basically eliminated any chance unless we stole the inbounds. So close. Fun season, disappointing ending.

I think we had zero fast break points - we had to work way too hard to score.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehk View Post
    He got assaulted on those lobs. They were pushing him and shoving him midair.

But we can't complain. We had our chances to win it.

This team should have been in the final four. Guys just didn't step up (Tre/Cam). In the end the ball only touched RJ's and Zion's hands. Nobody else wanted it.
    We absolutely can and should complain.

Quote Originally Posted by sbroc012 View Post
    Jack White, Bolden and De Laurier are those guys. Its just a shame they aren't on the level of Quinn Cook or Amile Jefferson etc.

Quote Originally Posted by WHOneedsSOX View Post
    Tre was absolutely heart broken after the game. I think he'll be back. He was a huge Duke fan before going to Duke. He won't want to end his career like that. The other three obviously will be gone.
    Tre absolutely will not be back. Don't kid yourself. Please.

Couldn’t get the ball into Zion without turning it over. Wish we had run some off-ball action to get it to him in the post instead of just standing there trying to lob it in. Winston pushed off with his forearm all game long, those would have obviously been charges had we done it. Still, the game ultimately came down to MSU hitting a big three and us missing free throws. Tough way to lose but we were also fortunate to win the last two.

Quote Originally Posted by WHOneedsSOX View Post
    He played his heart out, but he was taught a lesson today but a more experienced point guard.

Tre needs to work on his offense because winston had the easiest time guarding him today. No energy spent on defending and he was like a 100 metre sprinter at the end. If Tre comes back, he needs to make the opposition PG work on BOTH ends of the court.

A real shame he couldn't play a final four in his hometown. I still maintain that if we got to Minneapolis, we would have won the whole thing.

Amazing Duke team. They were better, but just lost. Congrats to MSU.

If anyone says bad things about R.J., just remember they are saying these bad things from their couch or from a TV studio. R.J. is going to be an incredible talent and he already is. I love R.J. and his missed free throw won’t change that.
    Last edited by Nhoman4; 03-31-2019 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GGLC View Post
    Tre absolutely will not be back. Don't kid yourself. Please.
    I'd be surprised if he didn't come back.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Couldn’t get the ball into Zion without turning it over. Wish we had run some off-ball action to get it to him in the post instead of just standing there trying to lob it in. Winston pushed off with his forearm all game long, those would have obviously been charges had we done it. Still, the game ultimately came down to MSU hitting a big three and us missing free throws. Tough way to lose but we were also fortunate to win the last two.
    Should've given it to him on the elbow more than twice all game. Or anywhere on the court, really. Guy just makes plays for himself or his teammates.