Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by godins View Post
    I've cherished every minute these guys have given with the Duke jersey on their backs.

Ultimately, I think there was an element of complacency that didn't jibe with their "killers kill" slogan. If killers really killed, we would have put Michigan State away today in the first half instead of letting them go on a 13-0 run to end the half. I couldn't tell you the last time this Duke team put a game away before halftime. With a margin of error that small, days like today happen.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Veteran team. Extremely well coached. Winston is just an absolute player.

Reminds me of 2010 Duke.
    And at the same time, we have 20 turnovers and only lose by 1 point. With a ft to tie it that we missed.

Who cares.

Eventually poor free throw shooting would bite us. It bit us....

Quote Originally Posted by WakeDevil View Post
    The most disappointing season of my lifetime.

yup. absolutely

Freshmen basketball all tournament and finally met a team not missing the big shot.

Disappointing end for a too talented squad

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehk View Post
    The three at the end killed us. We were slow on the switch and I'm surprised the defense lost it.

Can't blame RJ for the missed free throws. We made some freshmen errors right at the end.

Proud of this team, and it felt like we should have got the win. They were allowed to absolutely assault Zion and RJ all game long.

Also, I thought we ran the same play over and over and over again too many times. Why not get some of the other guys involved in the offense? Cam didn't even see the ball for 3-4 minutes..

Sometimes, its necessary to run a play or two for a different look rather than Iso Zion and RJ on that left wing.
    0-4 on the lob for zion. 4 TOs.
    April 1

Sucks. How did we know it’d come down to a FT. No offense to RJ but I didn’t think for a second he’d step up and drain both. Just a part of the game and a part he’ll get better at as he gets older.

Is there a link to the presser?

What a play call by Izzo to call for that 3 for that guy. He made 1 all game? And then that one.

We've done it before with one and done, but it just doesn't lead to championships. Every year we start completely over. Generational talent on this team and couldn't win a championship. Teams that have older, more mature, developed players win championships.

Quote Originally Posted by Potato View Post
    Tatum, Zion, Bagley
    0 Final 4’s
    Exactly. Either our recruiting strategy or our player development isn't working.

Too close. Poor rebounding and too many turnovers. Sad ending to a memorable season and a special team.

Quote Originally Posted by pamtelp View Post
    Have to say that offense we ran for this game and the second half of last game - pass to Barrett on the wing and screen for him - was not very fun to watch. No ball movement. We played an NBA offense. Wish we could have mixed it up.
    Never had a good feeling about this game.Turnovers and poor decisions were too much to overcome. Zion should have had the last attempt not RJ. Entertaining year, but no final 4 Feel bad for whole team and especially Tre Jones.

Zion gets fouled every time, who cares. Everybody wants to see Duke lose, who cares. Who cares.

Congrats to MSU. They had a clean look on the go ahead three. Turnovers obviously hurt. But despite my disappointment.it was an awesome ride this year. I have never been more entertained.by a Duke team. MSU played physical and we did not capitalize on our numerous FT opportunities. That and the TOs was the story

Don’t know what’s worse the playing at the end or the Uber driver that almost crashed taking me back from JFK. Our luck ran out tonight and teams that win championships make stops and hit FTs when it counts. These guys didn’t

The coaching staff may catch a little heat for the foul situation late in the game. Wish we would've played much more aggressively after going up 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehk View Post

Can't blame RJ for the missed free throws.

Who else would you blame for missing the free throws that RJ alone shot?

Gotta give credit to Izzo for calling a great game. They killed us on the out of timeout plays, and kept us in check on defense. We made 1 too many mistakes. Ah well. I liked this team a lot.