Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Cam Reddish Knee Vigil

Look at the bright side. We're still alive to keep having new injury vigils.

Get well Soon Cam! We kneed you

What the heck... what happened to him?

How on earth can one program be so snakebitten with injuries???

Coach said it literally happened right before the game and Cam felt something wrong with his knee. They had practiced and prepared all week long with Cam in the lineup.

Didn't elaborate on the time frame or extent of the injury though.

Praying that its nothing serious and he can come back next game. We need him badly.

Need Cam back! Praying for a quick recovery. Anyone know what the issue is yet?

Quote Originally Posted by simplyluvin View Post
    Need Cam back! Praying for a quick recovery. Anyone know what the issue is yet?
    K said no idea in his presser.
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    K said no idea in his presser.
    He also said he didn’t know if Cam would play on Sunday. What a weird thing - have to imagine more info will come out.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    He also said he didn’t think Cam would play on Sunday. What a weird thing - have to imagine more info will come out.
    Did he say that in the presser? What I watched, he simply said he didn’t know.

He also said he didn’t think Cam would play on Sunday. What a weird thing - have to imagine more info will come out.
    No he didn't.

Yikes, I sure hope RJ, Tre, and Zion can play another 40. Especially Tre who had to chase Robinson around tonight and will get Winston Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Did he say that in the presser? What I watched, he simply said he didn’t know.
    You’re right, watched it again. He said he doesn’t know. Apologies for the misfire. Still odd.

Quote Originally Posted by WHOneedsSOX View Post
    Yikes, I sure hope RJ, Tre, and Zion can play another 40. Especially Tre who had to chase Robinson around tonight and will get Winston Sunday.
    don't worry yet. K didn't say that.
    April 1

I’m wondering if the injury occurred during pregame excitement where two players jump into each other.
    It’s happened to several players in different sports. Let’s hope that whatever the injury,that’s it’s minor.

Here is Cam jumping up and down before the game.

https://twitter.com/dukembb/status/1...931150338?s=21

He's young. He'll wake up tomorrow AM and be fine.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    I desperately hope you're right. I take no pleasure in saying this, but I'm 100% confident that we're not winning a national championship without a healthy Cam Reddish. He's just too damn important to this team on both ends of the floor.

Please be okay, Cam!!

Perhaps someone at the game can provide some insight into when/how Cam came up gimpy?

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Perhaps someone at the game can provide some insight into when/how Cam came up gimpy?
    I was under the impression that the injury occurred prior to warmups for the Vatech game.

BandAlum83 had a post (#405 in the pre-game, in-game thread) at 4:45 PM that said:

Some of the comments on twitter point out and you can see in the short vid also that Cam seems to be limping and has a soft brace on his left knee.

Is this anything to be concerned about?

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    I really want you to be right. But that is totally bizarre that he was jumping up and down in the huddle right before the game, and then is ruled out at halftime. Frankly, not a good sign if he really couldn't do anything all of a sudden on the knee after zero contact.

But I'm going to send every positive vibe I can toward that knee between now and Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    BandAlum83 had a post (#405 in the pre-game, in-game thread) at 4:45 PM that said:

Some of the comments on twitter point out and you can see in the short vid also that Cam seems to be limping and has a soft brace on his left knee.

Is this anything to be concerned about?
    This. It seems unlikely that it happened immediately before the game because there was concern about it and a knee brace Friday afternoon. Maybe they thought he was ok and found out right before the game that he wasn't.

Hope he gets 100% fast.