Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Damn I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.ies...

FSU fan and alum, here.

March Madness is upon us and I just worked up a froth of spite (perhaps a "tinge" of jealousy) and loathing for your Basketball program. Suddenly, a gaggle of Duke fans arrived on the gofundme page for Phil Cofer and generously donated.

How am I supposed to maintain my hostility toward you when you commit to classy acts, such as these?

Help a brother out....March is almost over and I'm struggling.

Seriously. Classy I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.ies and many thanks.

With that said...Goo...Goo...Good...Luuu...Luuuuuuc. Oh Whatever.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Best thread title in years.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Don't you just hate when someone ruins a good hate by doing something nice?

Welcome, anm.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Don't you just hate when someone ruins a good hate by doing something nice?
    Yep, sometimes it makes me so upset I start cursing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Yep, sometimes it makes me so upset I start cursing.
    I am guessing the wankerization machine kicked in due to the misspelling of Duke, and not because of any disallowed curse words.

We obviously take our basketball seriously at Duke, but some things are still more important. Terrible to hear about Cofer's dad, we all certainly feel for him and his family. It's been great to hear the stories about how the team has rallied together to help support him.

Correct...

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    I am guessing the wankerization machine kicked in due to the misspelling of Duke, and not because of any disallowed curse words.
    I used (twice), what I "thought" was an acceptable reference (D--O--O--K--I--E--S without the hyphens). Apologies if I violated board protocol.

Love it.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Great post... Beat Gonzaga. Go ACC... except Tar Heels.

I did not type Tar Heels.. The second word was holes... I didn't realize this site auto corrects that. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by anm View Post
    I used (twice), what I "thought" was an acceptable reference (D--O--O--K--I--E--S without the hyphens). Apologies if I violated board protocol.
    The correct spelling is Dewkie. Yours rhymes with cookie, rookie and wookie.

we thrive on inane hostility.

Great post!

Wishing peace and good vibes for Cofer and family.

And, all hate should be directed towards UNC -- a proper receptacle for such things!

Good luck to FSU, love me some Leonard Hamilton.

Quote Originally Posted by mark34 View Post

I did not type Tar Heels.. The second word was holes... I didn't realize this site auto corrects that. Interesting.
    This works:

t*r h**ls

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by mark34 View Post

Agreed. I have FSU in my Final four (along with Duke, Virginia and UNC) It's the ACC Tournament, part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Lurkingdukedog View Post
    Agreed. I have FSU in my Final four (along with Duke, Virginia and UNC) It's the ACC Tournament, part 2
    Ha, I have the same. Obviously I was hoping for an Iona victory, and then a Washington victory, and now an Auburn victory, but it would be fun to see. Plus, the 2019 NCAA Tournament would be known to perpetuity as "The ACC Tournament."

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    And, all hate should be directed towards UNC -- a proper receptacle for such things!
    And proper receptacles (trash cans, dumpsters, toilets, landfills, etc.) everywhere take offense to that comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by slower View Post
    And proper receptacles (trash cans, dumpsters, toilets, landfills, etc.) everywhere take offense to that comparison.
    True. I should have said that UNC is a festering dung-heap of putrid sludge, encased in an impenetrable mass of hubris and pompous self-righteousness.

I aplogize to legitimate receptacles everywhere.

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Is it bad that I don't know the history/meaning behind the "I'm a real wanker for saying this" meme (for lack of a better term) on the board? Anyone want to give me a history lesson? Haha

But in all seriousness we appreciate the kind words from behind enemy lines!
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    Is it bad that I don't know the history/meaning behind the "I'm a real wanker for saying this" meme (for lack of a better term) on the board? Anyone want to give me a history lesson? Haha

But in all seriousness we appreciate the kind words from behind enemy lines!
    It is just a filter on the forum that replaces distasteful language.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurkingdukedog View Post
    I have the same except UK instead of uNC, who I have losing to Auburn