Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    What good is a civil suit? The guy is broke and possibly headed for jail.
    Good question. I suspect, but obviously don't know, that he has hidden assets. Good possibility of book and movie (this has HBO movie written all over it) income in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
    Good question. I suspect, but obviously don't know, that he has hidden assets. Good possibility of book and movie (this has HBO movie written all over it) income in the future.
    Bankruptcy court will have priority.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
    It is also possible people/companies/institutions who can afford it would bring libel suits simply to defend their reputations, even if they don't expect to make any money in damages.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    It is also possible people/companies/institutions who can afford it would bring libel suits simply to defend their reputations, even if they don't expect to make any money in damages.
    Exactly. That was the reasoning behind my post. Nike doesn't need Avenatti's pennies, but I can see them and others defending themselves against his accusations. If he doesn't have the paper to back up his claims, someone will be taking him to court to at the very least have him rescind his statements.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Exactly. That was the reasoning behind my post. Nike doesn't need Avenatti's pennies, but I can see them and others defending themselves against his accusations. If he doesn't have the paper to back up his claims, someone will be taking him to court to at the very least have him rescind his statements.
    Plus the satisfaction of reducing him to a mere stain on the bottom of a pair of Air Jordan's.

Pete Thamel of Yahoo tried to ask K about this at the end of today's Sweet 16 press conference and K said, "Nothing, there is nothing there."

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    Pete Thamel of Yahoo tried to ask K about this at the end of today's Sweet 16 press conference and K said, "Nothing, there is nothing there."
    I loved that comment. He completely shut it down, even though Thamel tried to ask it two different ways.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooold View Post
    I loved that comment. He completely shut it down, even though Thamel tried to ask it two different ways.
    "Ahh, well you since you asked twice, I'll give you the truth this time. Sorry for not being blatantly honest the first time you missed it."
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    "Ahh, well you since you asked twice, I'll give you the truth this time. Sorry for not being blatantly honest the first time you missed it."
    Thamel, “given your relationship with Nike, what are your thoughts on...”
    Coach “none”
    Thamel, “but since Duke was mentioned...”
    Coach “none. There’s nothing there. Nothing”

Paraphrased. He’s very good. As if he’s done this before.

Ugh. He tweeted more tonight. I don’t know how to include a picture so copying and pasting 2 tweets where he referenced Duke.

“I almost forgot - long day - @DukeMBB can you also have your close friends at @Nike check their Nike Vendor Portal for payments to “Sharonda Sampson Consulting”. Just search 2016 to the present. Appreciate it.”

“.@DukeMBB - About this denial by Coach K the other day relating to payments by Nike...Can you please ask Zion Williamson’s mother - Sharonda Sampson - whether she was paid by @nike for bogus “consulting services” in 2016/17 as part of a Nike bribe to get Zion to go to Duke? Thx.”

Quote Originally Posted by terrih View Post
    Ugh. He tweeted more tonight. I don’t know how to include a picture so copying and pasting 2 tweets where he referenced Duke.

“I almost forgot - long day - @DukeMBB can you also have your close friends at @Nike check their Nike Vendor Portal for payments to “Sharonda Sampson Consulting”. Just search 2016 to the present. Appreciate it.”

“.@DukeMBB - About this denial by Coach K the other day relating to payments by Nike...Can you please ask Zion Williamson’s mother - Sharonda Sampson - whether she was paid by @nike for bogus “consulting services” in 2016/17 as part of a Nike bribe to get Zion to go to Duke? Thx.”
    It'll be pretty funny when we find out that the NCAA already knew about this and already cleared it.

Quote Originally Posted by terrih View Post

Ugh is right. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Ugh is right. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.
    I agree... Ugh

I would like to point out however that Zion’s final list of schools included 3 other Nike schools (UNC, Kentucky, and Clemson) along with Kansas (Adidas) and South Carolina (Under Armour).

This makes me uneasy. I hope it is cleared up soon.

Not a good feeling being on this end of thsr kind kind of rumor. But didn't coach and/or Duke release a statement back when Zion was first mentioned in this ordeal that they went above and beyond to vet Zions eligibility? If so, I think that's good enough for me. Just awkward feeling

Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post
    Not a good feeling being on this end of thsr kind kind of rumor. But didn't coach and/or Duke release a statement back when Zion was first mentioned in this ordeal that they went above and beyond to vet Zions eligibility? If so, I think that's good enough for me. Just awkward feeling
    unfortunately in the eyes of the NCAA and the public, it doesn't matter how much vetting duke did.

Lets also remember that this is still with a grain of salt, and this guy is NOT a reputable character
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post
    Is this what you're referencing?.

"In men’s basketball, for the past several summers, Duke compliance officials, top recruits and their families have engaged in and cooperated fully with the NCAA Eligibility Center’s enhanced amateurism certification process. Duke works closely with the NCAA and the Atlantic Coast Conference on all compliance and eligibility matters. As we have stated in the past, we have an uncompromising commitment to compliance in athletics.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Corey View Post
    Is this what you're referencing?.

"In men’s basketball, for the past several summers, Duke compliance officials, top recruits and their families have engaged in and cooperated fully with the NCAA Eligibility Center’s enhanced amateurism certification process. Duke works closely with the NCAA and the Atlantic Coast Conference on all compliance and eligibility matters. As we have stated in the past, we have an uncompromising commitment to compliance in athletics.”
    That is reassuring, but sure sounds like boilerplate text.

Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    It'll be pretty funny when we find out that the NCAA already knew about this and already cleared it.
    "Don't forget we were cleared by the NCAA as well"
    -signed all the Carolina fans

It’s truly amazing watching the mental midgets at IC and reddit tie themselves into knots trying to say “This is a moron and you can’t trust anything he says” while simultaneously saying “I knew duke paid for Zion I knew it all along.”