Question for those of you in North Carolina - New USC President

USC has hired Carol Folt as its new President. As we all know while at unc-heat she was Chancellor when the cheats told the accrediting agency they committed academic fraud but told the NCAA that was a typo. Of course the cheats escaped NCAA punishment.

Has UNC's academic reputation been harmed? Not sure how you measure it. I know some alums said they were very upset. I am sure others were happy to see the athletics was not affected.

Living on the West Coast it is hard to tell. USC alums seem to want a Pres who will clean house in the athletic department but I am not sure she was hired to do that.

Thanks
    SoCal

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDukeFan View Post
    USC has hired Carol Folt as its new President. As we all know while at unc-heat she was Chancellor when the cheats told the accrediting agency they committed academic fraud but told the NCAA that was a typo. Of course the cheats escaped NCAA punishment.

Has UNC's academic reputation been harmed? Not sure how you measure it. I know some alums said they were very upset. I am sure others were happy to see the athletics was not affected.

Living on the West Coast it is hard to tell. USC alums seem to want a Pres who will clean house in the athletic department but I am not sure she was hired to do that.

Thanks
    SoCal
    I’m not sure that “cleaning house in the athletic department” is one of her stronger suits. JMHO.

SecondOldestNiecePk is at USC, so I hope it goes well. It is a great school.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I’m not sure that “cleaning house in the athletic department” is one of her stronger suits.
    I expect to see Lori Loughlin as the next AD.

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    I expect to see Lori Loughlin as the next AD.
    Academic advisors/advisers? Julius and Jan?

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Carol Folt = The Wolf
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Today's AP article noted the sham classes at unc during her tenure...

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Today's AP article noted the sham classes at unc during her tenure...
    Hiring an arsonist to put out a fire.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Glass houses, y'all.

Copycats. We did it first, and went back for seconds already.

https://www.dukechronicle.com/articl...s-trinity-dean

"At UNC, from 2012 to 2015, she chaired the department of chemistry, as well as the university's Institutional Conflict of Interest Committee ..."

It's sad to say that the only ones who think Carolina's standing have dropped are those who never thought that Carolina was all that to start with.

Those who don't care about sports, or who only care about sports, Carolina is just humming right along as all that is good about the world.

9f

Carol Folt is a tool and she'll do whatever those in charge tell her to do. At Carolina she was told to protect basketball at all costs...so she did.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDukeFan View Post

Thanks
    SoCal
    Living in NC I can tell you, Packfan is right. Hardly any Cheat fans are the least bit worried about the academic fraud. They act like it never happened. They remind you when you go to work that UNCheat was the last ACC team to win a Natty. 99.9% were happy to see athletics not affected.

I'm still completely stunned the NCAA let that level of skating and cheating happen with not even a slap on the wrist.

A typo.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    I'm still completely stunned the NCAA let that level of skating and cheating happen with not even a slap on the wrist.

A typo.
    I'm actually more stunned that SACCS let that stand. That is a serious lack of integrity and accountability to tell SACCS one thing to keep them off your back and turn around and tell the NCAA the opposite to keep them off your back. SACCS's problem is they have two punishments, 1) write a book report about how you've changed or 2) loss of accreditation. SACCS blinked and said UNC's lack of academic integrity is ok because the only punishment is too severe to give a school because all you were trying to do is win more at sportsball.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    I'm actually more stunned that SACCS let that stand. That is a serious lack of integrity and accountability to tell SACCS one thing to keep them off your back and turn around and tell the NCAA the opposite to keep them off your back. SACCS's problem is they have two punishments, 1) write a book report about how you've changed or 2) loss of accreditation. SACCS blinked and said UNC's lack of academic integrity is ok because the only punishment is too severe to give a school because all you were trying to do is win more at sportsball.
    And therein lies the problem. When the only group with the authority to punish doesn't because the punishment is too severe, nothing happens. It's akin to a red card or PK in soccer - many times officials (especially at younger levels) are loath to call it because it's a game changer. But by failing to call it, they've changed the game and allowed it to happen.

IMO, SACCS needs different levels of punishment, and they should be coordinating with the NCAA as a team.
    "There can BE only one."