Quinn Cook Shares a Great Coach K Story about Beyonce

Quinn Cook and Austin Rivers sat down with the Warriors sideline reporter and they got to discussing Coach K. While his love of Beyonce surely is not news around these parts (it was to Kerith Burke), I have never heard the story Quinn tells her about Coach K using Beyonce to motivate the team. Also, there's more recognition that Coach K is a seriously funny dude, which is a drum I'll never stop beating!

There's a video clip, audio clip, and text here.

EDIT: I realized after submitting that the title is worded such that it sounds like Coach K told a story about Beyonce. That's not right. It's probably more accurate to say a "... Great Coach K Story Involving Beyonce."

Quote Originally Posted by JetpackJesus View Post
    Quinn Cook and Austin Rivers sat down with the Warriors sideline reporter and they got to discussing Coach K. While his love of Beyonce surely is not news around these parts (it was to Kerith Burke), I have never heard the story Quinn tells her about Coach K using Beyonce to motivate the team. Also, there's more recognition that Coach K is a seriously funny dude, which is a drum I'll never stop beating!

There's a video clip, audio clip, and text here.

EDIT: I realized after submitting that the title is worded such that it sounds like Coach K told a story about Beyonce. That's not right. It's probably more accurate to say a "... Great Coach K Story Involving Beyonce."
    Good stuff. Those pictures at the end with Coach and Beyonce are hilarious.

I remember the picture of Coach K with Beyonce, and he was blushing like a school boy.

I don't blame him. I still think that her in Austin Powers... shes about as beautiful as a woman can be.

On this pod, David Thorpe tells a story that the 1990-91 champs, before games, used to gather out of earshot of the coaches and chant "1-2-3-F*** Coach K". He uses it as a lesson that sometimes a coach needs to set himself up as the enemy to get the most out of a team.

http://backtobackpod.libsyn.com/nerd...oodbye-for-now

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    On this pod, David Thorpe tells a story that the 1990-91 champs, before games, used to gather out of earshot of the coaches and chant "1-2-3-F*** Coach K". He uses it as a lesson that sometimes a coach needs to set himself up as the enemy to get the most out of a team.

http://backtobackpod.libsyn.com/nerd...oodbye-for-now
    Heh, Herb Brooks did that with the 1980 Olympic team. Making yourself the villain and giving the team an enemy to team up against can be a very powerful tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    Heh, Herb Brooks did that with the 1980 Olympic team. Making yourself the villain and giving the team an enemy to team up against can be a very powerful tool.
    The Dirty Dozen (the movie) approach to coaching.