Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Jack White Hamstring Vigil

Jack White is not expected to play Friday vs NDSU.

Coach K hopes to maybe have him back playing by Sunday if Duke beats NDSU. I hope he's healthy enough to play by then, and we'll see.

Hamstring injuries can sometimes linger and take time to heal. Hopefully White's isn't bad.

We get 1 player back, Bolden, and again we lose another.

Maybe Joey Baker will play!

Link:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...with-injuries/

Oh God..Not another vigil..😢

If we’re facing vcu on Sunday then we’re going need everybody. Good thing it’s not anything more serious than a hammy.

Quote Originally Posted by jipops View Post
    If we’re facing vcu on Sunday then we’re going need everybody. Good thing it’s not anything more serious than a hammy.
    Do I sense a note of sarcasm?

I hear hammy and I think this ain’t going away until next season.
    Carolina delenda est

Jack White need some good luck, and I'm pulling for him.
    ~rthomas

Quote Originally Posted by jipops View Post
    If we’re facing vcu on Sunday then we’re going need everybody.
    Not sure if serious. VCU is a shell the team they were when Shaka Smart was there.

If we need everyone for this game, Lord help us when we get to Michigan State and company.

I dunno. Michigan state didn't look very good today.

I hope we get Jack back soon, though. His defensive and rebounding contributions are very valuable.

I remember when Jack got hurt...and went to the locker room....but I can't remember the play. Something in my brain is telling me it was kind of a dirty play. Am I remembering or mis-remembering that?

Jack was shooting around with the team a few hours ago on the Duke Men’s Basketball Instagram story.

Looked to be getting around fairly well. I even saw him make a couple from 3 land!

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    I remember when Jack got hurt...and went to the locker room...
    I recall being worried. I’d love to know if he felt “tightness” or something worse.
    Carolina delenda est

Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post
    Not sure if serious. VCU is a shell the team they were when Shaka Smart was there.

If we need everyone for this game, Lord help us when we get to Michigan State and company.
    Assuming Duke gets to at least the Final 8, huh? I like your confidence in regard to the lads. Although within the same sentence you seemed to lack confidence. So I can’t really figure you out.

Apparently, hamstring injuries are the most prevalent type seen in Australian Rules football. Perhaps Jack should call home for some rehab tips.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    I dunno. Michigan state didn't look very good today.

I hope we get Jack back soon, though. His defensive and rebounding contributions are very valuable.
    The fact is there is a lot more parity these days and that Mich St struggling with Bradley and Marquette being trounced by Murray St demonstrate that. Heck, LSU barely got by Yale. Expect more upsets today.

Quote Originally Posted by Saratoga2 View Post
    The fact is there is a lot more parity these days and that Mich St struggling with Bradley and Marquette being trounced by Murray St demonstrate that. Heck, LSU barely got by Yale. Expect more upsets today.
    That's every tournament, though, going back as far as I can remember. We'll always have upsets.

And actually, I sort of expect this particular tournament to be more chalky than usual when we look back upon it in a couple of weeks.

Anyway, hopefully Jack returns on Sunday. I'd like to have different death lineup options, not just the one with JGold.

Murray state wasn't even much of an upset... it was pretty much a toss up to begin with... and with Morant, is not like you're unique in calling that one.

Yesterday was almost upset free...7-10 games are almost toss ups....and 5-12 gives us "upsets" every year....yesterday was the calmest Thursday of NCAAT I can remember.

And Yale never threatened LSU...Yale's best player was like 2-16 and 1-9 from three...

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    I remember when Jack got hurt...and went to the locker room...but I can't remember the play. Something in my brain is telling me it was kind of a dirty play. Am I remembering or mis-remembering that?
    i thought he just had a cramp they were working on on the bench. If it was bad enough, I can see being cautious to ensure it's fully worked out before going hard again...torn hammies ain't no joke.
    April 1

Hoping it’s more precaution than anything. Not like they need Jack for this one...

Steve Wiseman, News & Observer: Don’t expect Jack White to play for Duke Sunday

White said Saturday that a new ultrasound test showed his torn hamstring has seen significant healing over the last week. His lateral movement is good but he’s still unable to turn it loose and run full speed ahead as he would need to while playing in a game.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    that's the first I've heard tear.

would love to see him again period.