Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    We get the A Team announcers tomorrow in Columbia - Grant Hill, Jim Nantz, and Bill Raftery
    Excellent news. That's a solid broadcast team! If only there were more. Is Gus Johnson working the tournament this year?

Quote Originally Posted by JetpackJesus View Post
    Excellent news. That's a solid broadcast team! If only there were more. Is Gus Johnson working the tournament this year?
    Sadly no, Johnson works for currently works for Fox Sports.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    These AT&T ads with the guy who knows nothing about basketball are really horrible. And they are getting a ridiculous amount of air time.
    That guy is way better than Len Elmore though...

Quote Originally Posted by Tjenkins View Post
    Sadly no, Johnson works for currently works for Fox Sports.
    Boo. I seem to recall that CBS used to do side deals to bring in "talent" from other networks for only the tournament. Do they still do that (if they ever did)? Or is it strictly CBS people these days?

Wherever the wind blows and the leaves dance.
    I'm not sure if Cinci is decent or if Iowa is not decent. I'm leaning towards Cinci being decent though I'm not sure they have much of a chance to get past Tennessee in the next round.

I really want to troll my few UNC fan friends who are in Columbia this weekend thinking that the Holes would be sent there. "So, you decided to start cheering for a real team?" That kind of thing...

Quote Originally Posted by whereinthehellami View Post
    I'm not sure if Cinci is decent or if Iowa is not decent. I'm leaning towards Cinci being decent though I'm not sure they have much of a chance to get past Tennessee in the next round.
    It is now certain they will not get past UT.

These AT&T ads with the guy who knows nothing about basketball are really horrible. And they are getting a ridiculous amount of air time.
    Oh wow! I'm kind of liking them but yes they'll beat the life out of them. When he described what happened in first half "That's how we do it" and all the fans ditto, that was amusing.
    Maybe they'll get better.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Oh wow! I'm kind of liking them but yes they'll beat the life out of them. When he described what happened in first half "That's how we do it" and all the fans ditto, that was amusing.
    Maybe they'll get better.
    "I'm a happily married man now Ken, so I hardly think those stories would be appropriate"

Gets a smile out of me, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    "I'm a happily married man now Ken, so I hardly think those stories would be appropriate"

"The team is in their black uniforms with the gold trim"

"That's not what color commentary is.."

I think the spots are pretty creative. Doing their job, we are talking about it!

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    "The team is in their black uniforms with the gold trim"

"That's not what color commentary is.."

I think the spots are pretty creative. Doing their job, we are talking about it!
    At least for me, they've already worn thin because I've been streaming using the March Madness app since I'm at work, and they repeat those ads every single time you launch a stream before showing the actual game. So if you want to bounce between streams when there are 2-4 games happening at once, you get bombarded with those ads constantly. And then you get them during actual commercial breaks, too.

who is the slouching dope who sits in the middle of the analyst panel? It's like he wandered in off the street or something...

Oh goodness me..whats going on in the virginia game. Down 7 midway through the first half.

The players are in the midst of nightmare flashbacks..

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehk View Post
    Oh goodness me..whats going on in the virginia game. Down 7 midway through the first half.

The players are in the midst of nightmare flashbacks..
    Deja vu all over again?

Is this really happening to the cavs again?

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post

Ron Burgundy-esque

Clark Kellogg always seems like he's in over his head

Quote Originally Posted by whereinthehellami View Post
    At this moment, Iowa vs. Colgate is not out of the question.

This is a sensible enough place to track conference performance in the tournament. All results through Friday night:

FIRST FOUR

Northeast: 1-0 (Fairleigh Dickinson)
    Ohio Valley: 1-0 (Belmont)
    Pac-12: 1-0 (Arizona State)
    Summit: 1-0 (North Dakota State)

American, Big East, MEAC, SWAC: 0-1

ROUND OF 64

ACC: 5-2 (Duke, FSU, Virginia, Virginia Tech, UNC)
    American: 2-1 (Houston, UCF)
    Atlantic Sun: 1-0 (Liberty)
    Big East: 1-2 (Villanova)
    Big Ten: 7-1 (Iowa, Maryland, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Ohio State, Purdue)
    Big XII: 4-2 (Baylor, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas Tech)
    Big West: 1-0 (UC-Irvine)
    MAC: 1-0 (Buffalo)
    Ohio Valley: 1-1 (Murray State)
    Pac-12: 2-1 (Oregon, Washington)
    SEC: 5-2 (Auburn, Florida, Kentucky, LSU, Tennessee)
    Southern: 1-0 (Wofford)
    WCC: 1-1 (Gonzaga)

America East, Big Sky, Big South, Colonial, C-USA, Horizon, Ivy, MAAC, Missouri Valley, Northeast, Patriot, Southland, Summit, Sun Belt, WAC: 0-1
    Atlantic 10, Mountain West: 0-2

Well, so far I'm not gleaning anything insightful from the picture of the referee defender guy being summoned to explain a bad call, questionable call,"25 seconds checking phone messages no call in the paint" in any game.

He's very encouraging and gentle towards the poor stripes. Poor sad refs but always, always right. Never wrong, never ever influencing anything.

Defender talking head/picture guy has a great gig going on!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'