Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Wherever the wind blows and the leaves dance.

March Madness Viewing

I got my setup at Buffalo Wild Wings, clear view of 4 TVs for when MM is in full swing and a nice tall IPA.

Louisville vs Minnesota is looking like a good matchup. Both teams moving the ball well.

Quote Originally Posted by whereinthehellami View Post
    I got my setup at Buffalo Wild Wings, clear view of 4 TVs for when MM is in full swing and a nice tall IPA.

Louisville vs Minnesota is looking like a good matchup. Both teams moving the ball well.
    Last week, after my wife and I picked up a hospital bed for our charity, we stopped at BWW to grab some lunch. We sat in the bar. Eventually, she got mad at me for not following the conversation. There were so many TV's showing different games and sports that I realized that I couldn't focus on anything, much less follow a conversation.

Doesn't it seem that this should be the default thread for real-time comment on the games going on?

Yale is hanging around and making this an interesting game.

I'm formulating my views on the Chuck-sedo. I thought it was clever the first time but I think it could grow old fast.

Valiant effort by Yale.

Jeff Capel on the in-studio panel on TBS.

FSU not impressing me so far, which is unfortunate since I got them advancing to the sweet 16.

I really went back and forth on Auburn or NMS. Looking like a good call so far in going with Auburn. They seem a little bigger and faster.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    Last week, after my wife and I picked up a hospital bed for our charity, we stopped at BWW to grab some lunch. We sat in the bar. Eventually, she got mad at me for not following the conversation. There were so many TV's showing different games and sports that I realized that I couldn't focus on anything, much less follow a conversation.
    I'm suffering a bit now, might have a little sensory overload. The 2nd IPA is not helping.

I've been doing BWW for the first day of MM for the last 5 years or so. It is a fun atmosphere for the first day.

I wouldn't want to watch a Duke game in this environment though. Let's just say that even the dog leaves the room when Duke is on.

FSU not impressing me so far, which is unfortunate since I got them advancing to the sweet 16.

I really went back and forth on Auburn or NMS. Looking like a good call so far in going with Auburn. They seem a little bigger and faster.
    I have them in the Final 4. Sometimes a deep run needs an early round wake up call!

Oh dear whereinthehell, be careful what you admit to here... The SPCA night come knocking on your door.
    Better not have any harsh comments for the refs!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    Jeff Capel on the in-studio panel on TBS.
    Hopefully, analytical, informative and unbiased, unlike some other former player.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

I'm suffering a bit now, might have a little sensory overload. The 2nd IPA is not helping.

I've been doing BWW for the first day of MM for the last 5 years or so. It is a fun atmosphere for the first day.

I wouldn't want to watch a Duke game in this environment though. Let's just say that even the dog leaves the room when Duke is on.
    Must need higher ABV.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Oh dear whereinthehell, be careful what you admit to here... The SPCA night come knocking on your door.
    Better not have any harsh comments for the refs!
    Haha.

I would love for MSU to get knocked out early, even though my bracket would take a big hit.

Auburn game shaping up for a good finish.

Fully done with the Geico barbershop quartet commercial ear worm.

Developing a phobia in fact.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Fully done with the Geico barbershop quartet commercial ear worm.

Developing a phobia in fact.
    The "Believe It" commercials are definitely GEICO's worst ad campaign that I can remember. Save for maybe the Soft Serve one, I think most of them are bad.

EDIT: On the subject of commercials, I would totally settle for announcers that are "Just Ok" as that would be a huge improvement over what we generally get.

i've been thinking about calling my state farm agent to invite him to come over to the house and watch the game....
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Glad to see there's a thread about the tournament broadcast, commercials, etc.

Why did CBS and Turner Sports decide to hide the most anticipated Thursday game -- Murray State vs. Marquette -- in the worst slot in their schedule? Historically, the last game of the first block of 8 games was so unimportant that many CBS affiliates opted for local news. Times have changed, and every game is shown in its entirety, but putting Ja Morant and Markus Howard at 4:20pm on TBS was a money-burning mistake.

It would not have been difficult to rearrange the Hartford schedule so that ODU-Purdue and St. Mary's-Villanova play in the day, while Vermont-FSU and Murray State-Marquette play at night. They probably could have put the night games on CBS as well, instead of Abilene Christian-Kentucky and Seton Hall-Wofford.

This was a Roger Goodell level of incompetence. I looked it up, and I saw that Duke alum Sean McManus is Chairman of CBS Sports, which probably means he no longer handles the daily operations. He also lives in Connecticut. So, in all fairness, I can't assume that Sean McManus is incompetent. I can assume that he's selfish if he went to Hartford for the games, and that his underlings are incompetent.

(As a footnote, and I probably should have started with this, I am somewhat upset that I was unable to see any of this game. I was driving, and the radio announcers were reduced to saying "We wish you could see this!")

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Glad to see there's a thread about the tournament broadcast, commercials, etc.

Why did CBS and Turner Sports decide to hide the most anticipated Thursday game -- Murray State vs. Marquette -- in the worst slot in their schedule? Historically, the last game of the first block of 8 games was so unimportant that many CBS affiliates opted for local news. Times have changed, and every game is shown in its entirety, but putting Ja Morant and Markus Howard at 4:20pm on TBS was a money-burning mistake.

It would not have been difficult to rearrange the Hartford schedule so that ODU-Purdue and St. Mary's-Villanova play in the day, while Vermont-FSU and Murray State-Marquette play at night. They probably could have put the night games on CBS as well, instead of Abilene Christian-Kentucky and Seton Hall-Wofford.

This was a Roger Goodell level of incompetence. I looked it up, and I saw that Duke alum Sean McManus is Chairman of CBS Sports, which probably means he no longer handles the daily operations. He also lives in Connecticut. So, in all fairness, I can't assume that Sean McManus is incompetent. I can assume that he's selfish if he went to Hartford for the games, and that his underlings are incompetent.

(As a footnote, and I probably should have started with this, I am somewhat upset that I was unable to see any of this game. I was driving, and the radio announcers were reduced to saying "We wish you could see this!")
    I watched some of the game and realized why Ja Morant is a potential top 3 pick and Marcus Howard scored a whole lot of points this year. I hope Morant is in the tournament another weekend.
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

These AT&T ads with the guy who knows nothing about basketball are really horrible. And they are getting a ridiculous amount of air time.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    These AT&T ads with the guy who knows nothing about basketball are really horrible. And they are getting a ridiculous amount of air time.
    I assume CBS actually paid AT&T for those ads to trick the viewers into thinking the announcers are at least OK.

We get the A Team announcers tomorrow in Columbia - Grant Hill, Jim Nantz, and Bill Raftery