Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Under usual circumstances for sure- even beginning of the season circumstances. That said we are apoplectic in general.
    i tend to not get to up in arms about tourney matchups. sometimes they work in your favor, sometimes they don't. the west will usually be weakest and the east strongest because of the insane bracketing procedures.

So it is what it is. beat who comes your way.
    1200. DDMF.

Yep

Under usual circumstances for sure- even beginning of the season circumstances. That said we are apoplectic in general.
    Alarmingly apoplectic!

And imagine how upset our fans would be if at the last moment we had to play Auburn in Kansas instead!

(I guess this is why it is sort of silly to wring your hands over who you might meet)

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    And imagine how upset our fans would be if at the last moment we had to play Auburn in Kansas instead!

(I guess this is why it is sort of silly to wring your hands over who you might meet)
    Or Auburn in Missouri for that matter ....
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    i tend to not get to up in arms about tourney matchups. sometimes they work in your favor, sometimes they don't. the west will usually be weakest and the east strongest because of the insane bracketing procedures.

So it is what it is. beat who comes your way.
    Well it is what it is for sure, but it very often has a hand, or seems to have, in determining the Natty winner. I would say Duke normally doesn't catch many breaks here (SC in Greenville, Kansas last year in the Jayhawk town of Omaha, and others through the years) - but there were breaks caught for the last two Natty - Kentucky losing to West Virginia in 2010 and Kentucky losing to Wisconsin in 2015. Would those Duke teams have beaten UK? Perhaps, but I was happy not to play them those two seasons.

Meanwhile it seems that Roy and his Satanic deal have the brackets falling apart in front of them almost every year...(I'm biased).

Maybe we'll win today and get Liberty next week......and I'll feel better.