Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Frank Howard Suspended

Seems a bit excessive, possibly for the whole tourney?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...or/3228686002/

Yes, of course the tripping incident but that's a big hammer.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post

indefinitely = 1 game in this case
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    Yeah, maybe. Kind of odd that it went under the radar all week. Of course, syr isn't Duke and the klieg lights aren't turned on 24/7 up there.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    Grayson waves, "Hi!"

-jk

Howard’s suspension is definitely because he tried to trip Zion? We have confirmation of such?

The article never mentions the tripping incident. Is there confirmation that that is the reason?

I will never post in a game thread if tripping is the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    The article never mentions the tripping incident. Is there confirmation that that is the reason?
    I posted it poorly. Someone elsewhere asked if it was the tripping and I thought maybe but it seemed late after no coverage for so many days.
    Regardless Howard sounds like toast for foreseeable future if it's all true.

Okay, let's talk about the real important ramifications of this (I'm kidding on the important part, but): are we still taking Syracuse over Baylor in round 1 in our brackets? Howard is kind of important for them . . .

I picked Baylor on my DirecTV thingy thing earlier this evening. I'm sure somehow I'll be winning ten million dollars at some point.

It gives me great pleasure to report that the past several posts were entirely unnecessary.

Daily Orange: Syracuse senior Frank Howard suspended for failed drug test, 3 familiar with situation say

On Tuesday, Howard traveled with SU and practiced in the Utah Jazz practice facility with the rest of the team. Syracuse players found out about the suspension once it was made public Wednesday evening, junior guard Tyus Battle said.

“He failed a drug test. Not sure what kind or when it happened,” said a former player, who was one of the three people familiar with the situation.
    At the time the (now deleted) rumor post about an act of violence was made, people on Twitter were saying similarly unsubstantiated stuff about firearm and weed possession.

Failed drug test...according to Daily Orange
    http://dailyorange.com/2019/03/syrac...situation-say/

Dank memes should be saved for the offseason, Frank.

I think all failed tests are wrong. I don’t see why people have to bring drugs into it.

This thread basically confirms that even if we win the national title, it's going to be a long loooooooooong summer on this message board.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    I think all failed tests are wrong. I don’t see why people have to bring drugs into it.
    Kind of clever, but didn’t quite get there. Not an altogether bad attempt, though.

Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    This thread basically confirms that even if we win the national title, it's going to be a long loooooooooong summer on this message board.
    Not for those who don’t read it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTeuf View Post
    Failed drug test...according to Daily Orange
    http://dailyorange.com/2019/03/syrac...situation-say/
    It turns out tripping might be a more extensive issue for Howard than previously thought...

0edd2a337148004f1d1ed4de75722f86.jpg

Wow this thread.

Little bit of everything.

So, Howard tried to trip Zion, assaulted an ungendered person, and failed a drug test?

Duke curse!

It sounds like Syracuse knew suspension was likely early in the week, which conforms to the delay in testing the B sample.

I just read thru the NCAA regs, and it seems that testing is done on 11,000 of the 400,000 NCAA athletes. Is the percentage that low in basketball? It also seems championship/tournament games are a trigger for what seems an unusual testing event. It also seems that barring an appeal, suspension is for a year regardless of drug. Is it really true that (legal) mj = steroids in regards to punishment?