Roll Call: Who is going to Columbia?

I got my tickets and going to Columbia for first weekend with best friend (UVA fan/man bun lover), so anyone else going to be there? I live in Charleston area but know nothing about Columbia nightlife other than the mish-mash of chain bars in the Vista area, which I am guessing will be full, but may be best choice still due to location. Anyone interested in getting together to watch games on Saturday, maybe even some place unusual or off the beaten path, or perhaps there is already a designated Duke bar in Cola that I don't know about? Thanks for any help. So very very happy to be seeing this team live!!!

Quote Originally Posted by follyblue View Post
    I got my tickets and going to Columbia for first weekend with best friend (UVA fan/man bun lover), so anyone else going to be there? I live in Charleston area but know nothing about Columbia nightlife other than the mish-mash of chain bars in the Vista area, which I am guessing will be full, but may be best choice still due to location. Anyone interested in getting together to watch games on Saturday, maybe even some place unusual or off the beaten path, or perhaps there is already a designated Duke bar in Cola that I don't know about? Thanks for any help. So very very happy to be seeing this team live!!!
    You may want to rephrase "man bun lover". (Not that there's anything wrong with that.) This could become a significant factor when seeking out any recommendations for Columbia nightlife.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    You may want to rephrase "man bun lover". (Not that there's anything wrong with that.) This could become a significant factor when seeking out any recommendations for Columbia nightlife.
    I just spit out my milk laughing

Heh. That works in a lot of different ways but I was referencing this manbun:

2v4sT8Dk_400x400.jpg

I am will be cutting it close friday easy ride in sunday.i am in Charleston area also.

Not planning on it, but could be convinced with a face value extra ticket. I’ll bring good beer for the pre-game prep. And maybe be entertaining during the games.

Just sayin’.

In answer to the title question

Not uNC fans!

9F!!!

Not going to Columbia. My parents couldn’t afford to bribe the tennis coach. Oh - you mean Columbia, South Carolina.

Aiken Steeplechase

Saturday is the day of Aiken’s semiannual Steeplechase. It is a fun day — lots of eating and drinking — in a beautiful venue about 35 miles from Columbia. Aiken is regularly named one of the best small towns in the South and definitely worth a visit.

http://www.aikensteeplechase.com/

I'll be driving over from Atlanta Sunday, can't make Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by follyblue View Post
    Heh. That works in a lot of different ways but I was referencing this manbun:

2v4sT8Dk_400x400.jpg
    Gosh, I sure miss that man bun. That was such a delight.

Quote Originally Posted by 84Duke View Post
    Not going to Columbia. My parents couldn’t afford to bribe the tennis coach. Oh - you mean Columbia, South Carolina.

Finger snaps in approval! In case guffawing triggers a bad response to a well targeted joke. You never know these days.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

I’ll be there Friday. Orangeburg was the closest room for Friday night that I could find.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Not planning on it, but could be convinced with a face value extra ticket. I’ll bring good beer for the pre-game prep. And maybe be entertaining during the games.

Just sayin’.
    Ticket master has some left around 100 or so if you dont want the stub hub route.

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherTom View Post
    I’ll be there Friday. Orangeburg was the closest room for Friday night that I could find.
    Did you try lugoff or st Andrew's they are a bit closer than the burg.

Thanks! Burg is on my way back to West Palm Beach. That way I can fish the ocean Sunday by driving straight through Saturday. Got to have those snappers for dinner during the week. I can’t wait for the game Friday!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherTom View Post
    Thanks! Burg is on my way back to West Palm Beach. That way I can fish the ocean Sunday by driving straight through Saturday. Got to have those snappers for dinner during the week. I can’t wait for the game Friday!!!
    Ok no problem.yeah still a little cool in Charleston to fish.

Of course. There are plenty of hotel rooms in Columbia--but not the ones you probably want. I thought I had an easy out with RDU Amtrak. Arrive 9AM two blocks away, leave 1AM, but then I realized that I was reading the schedule wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    Of course. There are plenty of hotel rooms in Columbia--but not the ones you probably want. I thought I had an easy out with RDU Amtrak. Arrive 9AM two blocks away, leave 1AM, but then I realized that I was reading the schedule wrong.
    I was thinking that about part of orangeburg too lol.
    One thing about the orangeburg i95 I 26 area .plenty of police around especially on the highways. Hint hint to any travelers going in that area.

I'm on my way!