Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    I'll find a way to lose this thing yet, Dadgummit!
    Actually, even if I'm perfect from here on out (and I highly doubt that), I don't think anyone can take the loser spot away from me. You don't have enough games left to lose this thing.

My pitiful performance now sits at 17-20 (-2500). Perhaps I can get on a hot (lucky) streak and claw my way back into the black. One needs to have a goal.

Today's bets:

1. Gonzaga (-4.5) over Texas Tech
    2. Over (139.5)
    3. Purdue (+4.5) over Virginia
    4. Under (127)

For the record, I will be rooting hard for Virginia to win the game but not cover.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    Actually, even if I'm perfect from here on out (and I highly doubt that), I don't think anyone can take the loser spot away from me. You don't have enough games left to lose this thing.
    Dadgummit! Like Roy said in his post-game presser about 20 times, it's all my fault. I wish I could have been better for you. He also threw in the third-person reference. So RichardJackson199 sucks right now at losing.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Dadgummit! Like Roy said in his post-game presser about 20 times, it's all my fault. I wish I could have been better for you. He also threw in the third-person reference. So RichardJackson199 sucks right now at losing.
    Actually, you know, my last three days combined are positive. Barely positive, but positive. VT did cover, which helped. They also lost, which helped even more.

Well, Jason, twenty bucks separate us.

Congrats to Cameron Blue

Cameron Blue won our fake betting contest, overtaking me tonight. Jason is 3rd. Congrats CB.

rasputin

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    Cameron Blue won our fake betting contest, overtaking me tonight. Jason is 3rd. Congrats CB.

rasputin
    Well, gosh, I didn't prepare anything so I just don't know what to say. (Seriously, thanks.) I think the lesson here is that if you gamble long enough for the law of averages to make you a winner, you've gambled far too long. I'm truly impressed by NYBri and a couple of others who seem to have a much better system than mine, which involves random guessing.
    Last edited by CameronBlue; 04-09-2019 at 01:01 AM. Reason: ...and I'd like to thank all the little people I stepped on, on my way to the top.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    I think the lesson here is that if you gamble long enough for the law of averages to make you a winner, you've gambled far too long.
    Actually, if you gamble long enough you are guaranteed to be a looser.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    Well, gosh, I didn't prepare anything so I just don't know what to say. (Seriously, thanks.) I think the lesson here is that if you gamble long enough for the law of averages to make you a winner, you've gambled far too long. I'm truly impressed by NYBri and a couple of others who seem to have a much better system than mine, which involves random guessing.
    Exactly. But any true degenerate knows, "I just gotta get back to Even!" "I can feel that hot streak coming now." I'm now 3-3 on pie bets.

Of course any true degenerate also knows to give a little selective reporting when the Mrs. asks for your balance sheet. 3-3 on pie bets sure, but I'm 0-2 on beer bets. And that doesn't include Devildeac's beer consult fees which I still owe. I can't even figure it with the juice:

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/e8647a0...5-15958f6d78eb

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Actually, if you gamble long enough you are guaranteed to be a looser.
    Hah, but not 100% true for everybody. In gambling that is pure chance...yeah....but gambling with skill, ie, picking games, playing poker, there are people who are way ahead in their lifetime. The vast majority, however, are under water.