Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I just bet 500 FMU on Virginia (-22) to cover. After what happened last tournament, my thought process is Virginia will be motivated to jump all over Gardner Webb from the start and never let up.

Additionally, I bet the O/U in the four games involving ACC Teams:

1. Under (130) Virginia vs Gardner Webb
    2. Over (149) Duke vs NDSU
    3. Under (166) North Carolina vs Iona
    4. Over (126) Virginia Tech vs Saint Louis U.

I really sucked yesterday so today has to be better. Right?
    UVa sphincters tightening...

-jk

Ugh, brutal desperation three gives NDSU the back door cover.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    There is no downward limit in the contest. You can keep picking even if you lose 20,000 fake bucks.
    More than halfway there. Can't lose quite as much tomorrow, but I'll keep plugging away.

Confirmed: my best play is not to play.

self reporting-got carried away with UNC-Greensboro-forgot they were NIT. On the right side it does keep
    me from embarrassing myself any further.

Good luck to all !

Quote Originally Posted by du_bb1 View Post
    self reporting-got carried away with UNC-Greensboro-forgot they were NIT. On the right side it does keep
    me from embarrassing myself any further.

Good luck to all !
    There were alot of NIT games mixed in there, so it was a little tricky. Not up to me but I'd give you a pass to keep playing if it was. It's just for fun.

JasonEvans still sitting atop the Leaderboard at 19-13-1 (+2270).

I've got a long ways to go if I'm going to catch up because I'm at 11-12 (-1100). My performance to date has been underwhelming.
    Bob Green

Good Lord...I am 17-9 (over 65%) on O/U and yet in 18th place...if that tells you how my Spread bets are going. Comically awful. To make it worse, I've bet more confidently ATS than O/U, so I'm losing my 500s and winning 200s 300s and so on.

http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id...story-round-32

For the first time since the NCAA tournament expanded to 64 teams in 1985, all 16 betting favorites won in the Round of 32, according to ESPN Stats and Information.

Three times, in 2009, 1995 and 1991, the favored team had won 15 of 16 games in the Round of 32, but this was the first year in which the chalk went undefeated.
    And let's all here it for this degenerate!!

Duke, the No. 1 overall seed and consensus tournament favorite, had the closest call. The Blue Devils survived two potential go-ahead baskets by double-digit underdog Central Florida in the final seconds on Sunday. It was a fortunate ending for Duke backers, including one bettor who placed a $50,000 money-line wager on the Blue Devils to win straight-up at -1,100 odds. According to bookmaker William Hill U.S., when Duke prevailed, the bettor won a net $4,545.45.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Hmmm... cream rising to the top

I'm not doing badly, sitting barely in the negative, but it does confirm that my best move is not to play.

I...uh...forgot about this contest since the first day.

This has worked out very well for me. My only wish is that I would have remembered it in a few weeks, and not today.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Hmmm... cream rising to the top

WTH is richard"loser"jackson doing resting in 2nd place?

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

What's up with this contest?

More than half of the top 10 aren't even playing games tonite, that's lame. I just don't get it. Defeats the purpose/point of wagering on the tourney.
    I know I'm sucking, but at least I'm trying. Two very ugly games on now, glad I guessed under.

My poor performance continues as I am 15-18 (-2400) after Day 1 of the Sweet 16.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by duketaylor View Post
    More than half of the top 10 aren't even playing games tonite, that's lame. I just don't get it. Defeats the purpose/point of wagering on the tourney.
    I know I'm sucking, but at least I'm trying. Two very ugly games on now, glad I guessed under.
    Sorry, I looked early and did not see anything I liked. I am having a real trouble at this point picking with my head and not my heart. For example, my head tells me UNC to cover the 5.5 tonight but my heart just cannot bet on the Heels. I ignore the head when it comes to Duke and I am taking the Devils to cover the 7 against Va Tech. The only other bet I like so far is under 147 in the MSU-LSU game.

-Jason "I've got a lead and I would hate to give it up by making bets when others are sitting out... that feels like leading in a race and then running backwards" Evans

Quote Originally Posted by duketaylor View Post
    Well I was pretty high up the standings in the reg season, but man, this NCAAT has been humbling....and time got by me yesterday, but I jumped back in today with foolish 500s all over the place.

Didn't pick yesterday, and I'm probably out of range of anything but last place, but I can't make up ground (or achieve a backdoor record) if I don't make picks, so my hat is back in the ring. I picked VT to cover, but if they don't, I'll be plenty happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    Didn't pick yesterday, and I'm probably out of range of anything but last place, but I can't make up ground (or achieve a backdoor record) if I don't make picks, so my hat is back in the ring. I picked VT to cover, but if they don't, I'll be plenty happy with that.
    Considering you are at an almost unfathomable $13000 in losses, I am thrilled to see that this is your pick

-Jason "on the other hand if ever anyone was due for a hot streak, it is Phredd" Evans

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    WTH is richard"loser"jackson doing resting in 2nd place?

I warned y'all that I'm going to start making my picks and then flipping them before submitting!

I'll find a way to lose this thing yet, Dadgummit!