Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

2019 Degenerate Gambler NCAA Tourney contest!!

Ooops, probably should have started this a day ago.

Go here to sign up: https://contests.covers.com/OfficePo...1-aa1500f8f885
    You will need the password which is: GoDuke

Rules are simple... make wagers (100-500 units) on the spread and the O/U on ANY NCAA TOURNAMENT GAME. Do not bet on any NIT or other games or I will tell covers to kick you out. I'm serious... make one wager on the NIT and I will remove you from the contest.

Any questions?

-Jason "we can bet tonight's play-in games... so get moving!" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Haha, I actually was typing out a PM to you to get this going.

Thanks, Jason!

Much excite!

happy to note we have opened as 35 point favorites vs Whomever (TBA, actually). Not sure I've seen that before.

Please make sure you only bet the FDU/Prairie View and Temple/Belmont games today. There are a lot of NIT games listed and if you bet them you will get in trouble with "the man."
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Even simple rules are too complicated for me...

Quote Originally Posted by thedukelamere View Post
    Even simple rules are too complicated for me...
    It's redemption time, dukelamere! Bet on some NCAA tourney games -- I'm sure you'll be able to follow the rules.

I'm in!

Thanks for running all these contests, Jason. They're a whole lot of fun plus they build camaraderie among posters. It gives us something else to do besides argue over minutes, stats and cinder blocks.
    Bob Green

To keep it fun and interesting and since there are sooooo many games, can we keep going without a limit on how deep in the hole we might be?

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    To keep it fun and interesting and since there are sooooo many games, can we keep going without a limit on how deep in the hole we might be?
    Agree! 😎

Quote Originally Posted by NYBri View Post
    Agree! 😎
    Lol, I always flame out and you are always near the top!

I'm in!! Now I can show how poorly I can pick!!

I’m glad this isn’t real money. Heart attack o/u ending in the Belmont game!

OMG! Temple almost fouled the end of the game with Temple to the over from what was a not so high scoring game! Down 11 with 88 seconds left, it turned into a foul-fest and 16 points were scored in the last 88 seconds. They fell 4 points shy of what should have been a safe o/u and still lost by 11. That would have royally pissed me off!

16 POINTS IN 88 SECONDS!

There is no downward limit in the contest. You can keep picking even if you lose 20,000 fake bucks.

Several folks including yours truly off to a +1,000 start.
    Bob Green

People better get in here. You don't want us to get so far out ahead that you can't catch up later.

I guess we find out whom the true degenerates are this week. There's normal society -- "Hold on, I have to fill out my bwackets first!" -- and there are those of us who need to lay the (fake) lumber on Prairie View vs Fairleigh Dickinson.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    People better get in here. You don't want us to get so far out ahead that you can't catch up later.

I guess we find out whom the true degenerates are this week. There's normal society -- "Hold on, I have to fill out my bwackets first!" -- and there are those of us who need to lay the (fake) lumber on Prairie View vs Fairleigh Dickinson.
    Ugh. I decided to jump back in after a year off, but can't remember my username. I reset my password but if anyone can look at an old leader board and see what permutation of my DBR name I used, I would be appreciative.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Ugh. I decided to jump back in after a year off, but can't remember my username. I reset my password but if anyone can look at an old leader board and see what permutation of my DBR name I used, I would be appreciative.
    You are "MtnDevil", my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    You are "MtnDevil", my friend.
    So creative, I am!

Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Several folks including yours truly off to a +1,000 start.
    I'm calling it. The contest is over and the person at the top of the leaderboard should be praised by all of you as the winner and the picking genius.

-Jason "I keed, I keed" Evans

After octuple-checking to make sure my selections were for the correct and legal games this evening, I'm in.

I'm just hoping that North Colgate Central University isn't playing the Next Dimension Scarlet Unicorns in the Chesapeake Bay Invitational tonight, because I'm really looking forward to this year's Final Four and I won't be able to enjoy it if Jason puts a hit out on me after a third DG strike!