Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    I'm a believer!
    Oh, yeah, Let's Dance On!

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    I'm a believer!

-jk
    Not a trace
    Of doubt in Hoos’ fans minds?
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

That was just freaking horrific.

Quote Originally Posted by ElliottHoo View Post
    That was just freaking horrific.
    Survive, advance. Got the monkey off your back.

I think folks have a better shot beating UVA in the first of a two-game tourney weekend than the second. Big difference between five days to prep, and one plus some stuff. Like playing an option team in football.

Oregon is really starting to come together. Watching them today a looking at their results over the past couple of weeks, it's hard to fathom how this team was so terrible/average through the first 20 games or so of the year.

They look incredibly long and athletic, and shot it well today in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo2000 View Post
    Oregon is really starting to come together. Watching them today a looking at their results over the past couple of weeks, it's hard to fathom how this team was so terrible/average through the first 20 games or so of the year.

They look incredibly long and athletic, and shot it well today in the second half.
    I was sorely tempted to pick them over UVA in the Sweet 16 after watching them in the PAC tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I was sorely tempted to pick them over UVA in the Sweet 16 after watching them in the PAC tournament.
    I mean, it's not crazy to imagine them beating anybody right now. They start 4 6'9 guys who can all move/jump/run with Pritchard at 6'2 who is an excellent PG.

They're an especially bad matchup for UVA in that their biggest weaknesses are that they foul a lot (but UVA doesn't really draw a lot of fouls), and that they don't get to the line much (but UVA doesn't put teams on the line anyway). Given that size though, they're surprisingly mediocre (from tournament team standards) on the glass, though much of that may be because they gamble for a lot of steals and blocks - usually with a high success rate.

I think if UVA takes care of the ball and shoots reasonably well, and Oregon doesn't have an out-of-body experience, UVA wins. But it's far from a given.

Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    Interested in knowing your emotion and state of mind at during each portions of the game.

1. When UVA turned it over 5 times.
    2. When GW was up 14.
    3. When UVA cut it to 6.
    4. When UVA got back the lead.
    5. When UVA had 100% safe lead.
    1. Blood pressure rising, angry on the group text: “They’re playing stupid. This is last year all over again.”
    2. Was out in the backyard pushing the baby in the swing and mostly enjoying it.
    3. See 2.
    4. Older sons arrived home from school right before start of second half, necessitating an end to sulking. Cheering and high-fives that were a little too intense.
    5. Intense relief and desire to see Badocchi, Stattmann, et al and save the starters’ legs.

Upset Of The Day: Gardner-Webb Toppled By Team No One Believed In

The Virginia Cavaliers proved today that truly, anything is possible during March Madness, as head coach Tony Bennett’s crew upset powerhouse Gardner-Webb for a 71-56 victory in the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    Interested in knowing your emotion and state of mind at during each portions of the game.

1. When UVA turned it over 5 times.
    2. When GW was up 14.
    3. When UVA cut it to 6.
    4. When UVA got back the lead.
    5. When UVA had 100% safe lead.

1. Disbelief, PTSD, frustration
    2. Anger that Bennett wasnt playing Huff more and that Kihei had played every minute thusfar. Longing for the lineup of Dre, Ty, Kyle, Mamadi/Huff, and Key in there to abuse them with our size.
    3. Anxious relief. Heart rate stabilized, felt we had gotten our act together but still worried that GW could come out and hit a few threes and knock us on our back like UMBC.
    4. Hope... just wanted us to step on their throat and not let them have any thoughts of a last second victory.
    5. F'in finally, this must have been what Gonzaga felt like 4 minutes into their game, the bastards.

I’m just happy to be able to enjoy more of the tournament this year.

I think part of the struggle yesterday was just the mental pressure, which comes from the coaches. I hope to see them playing looser tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkstarWahoo View Post
    I’m just happy to be able to enjoy more of the tournament this year.

I think part of the struggle yesterday was just the mental pressure, which comes from the coaches. I hope to see them playing looser tomorrow.
    Hot as a pistol, but cool inside?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Hot as a pistol, but cool inside?
    If the Oklahoma game starts the same way Gardner-Webb did, I’ll be drinking to the dregs of the whiskey jar.

If the Oklahoma game starts the same way Gardner-Webb did, I’ll be drinking to the dregs of the whiskey jar.
    Don’t you let that deal go down.

Might have to dig into the White?

Not to worry, Virginia will come out firing on all cylinders. Yesterday, they were predictably tight.

Nova is getting embarrassed right now

Quote Originally Posted by gocanes0506 View Post
    Nova is getting embarrassed right now
    Yep. Jay Wright is a good coach. But this is just humiliating.

Purdue is a decent upset pick to come out of this region. Carsen Edwards and Purdue in general are really good.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Yep. Jay Wright is a good coach. But this is just humiliating.

Purdue is a decent upset pick to come out of this region. Carsen Edwards and Purdue in general are really good.
    Matt Painter doesn’t get much press, at least here in the northeast, but I think he’s a very good coach as well.