Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    There were still some left for the public as of Friday.
    Before there were 3 of 4 local 8/9s.

There are still tickets available in the upper sections behind the goals.

Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post
    Clemson and State- tough on them.

Kenpom take a look they are ahead of several schools that were picked - Cinci, 4 behind them, got a 7 seed. almost always take all top 30 in kenpom

https://kenpom.com/

both Clemson and state ahead of Syracuse in NET

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basket...l-net-rankings
    Their resumes against Q1 teams did them in. That and having a couple of bad losses. Them’s the breaks. Needed to win one or two more of their close losses.

So I just sat through the whole ESPN bracketology show, and every single "analyst" picked Duke to reach the title game. Dick Vitale, Rece Davis, and Seth Greenberg picked Duke to win it all. Jay Bilas and Jay Williams (of course) did not.

Bilas picked Kentucky and Williams picked . . . . North Carolina. Keep in mind, this is over Duke, in the national championship game. Both of the Jays are dead to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartford Dukie View Post
    Won't know officially until late Friday night, but expect Duke to get the last game CBS will show - unclear from this schedule below whether its 5:00 or 6:00. Again, eyeballs will drive schedule. CBS, their last game, and Duke/Zion

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball...thing-else-you
    More Sunday night games than before on TNT etc. Any chance we’re on an off channel/not CBS?

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Their resumes against Q1 teams did them in. That and having a couple of bad losses. Them’s the breaks. Needed to win one or two more of their close losses.
    understand.. they need to handle business.. but that KenPom is tough several at large teams taken behind Clemson ...and almost every year all top 30 KenPom get in

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    So I just sat through the whole ESPN bracketology show, and every single "analyst" picked Duke to reach the title game. Dick Vitale, Rece Davis, and Seth Greenberg picked Duke to win it all. Jay Bilas and Jay Williams (of course) did not.

Bilas picked Kentucky and Williams picked . . . . North Carolina. Keep in mind, this is over Duke, in the national championship game. Both of the Jays are dead to me.
    It took you this long???

The whole thing may be scripted. ESPN could be directing them who to pick; similar to their edict regarding downplaying the greatest cheating scandal in NCAA history.

The opposite (Williams picked UK and Bilas UNC).

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    More Sunday night games than before on TNT etc. Any chance we’re on an off channel/not CBS?

Obviously, it's possible..but if you were CBS and you had first dibs would you give up Duke/Zion to another of the networks? And not put in your prime time slot. Only way it would happen if someone else has first choice of games. Not familiar with the contract, but would imagine CBS has first choice.

Glad they picked against Duke. Both have been wrong with their picks most of the season (JW more than JB). I'd be more nervous if they had picked Duke.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    In 2017, we got the last slot, tip-off was about 9:30. Made for a VERY long drive back to Durham.

My Final Four

Duke Nevada Auburn Villanova

Duke over Auburn

If Duke had Zion, Grant, Laettner, Kyrie, and JJ (all at college peak, not at current age) the two Jays would pick them to lose in the final. They may be contractually obligated to pick against them. But who cares? It affects nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post
    understand.. they need to handle business.. but that KenPom is tough several at large teams taken behind Clemson ...and almost every year all top 30 KenPom get in
    Eh, there is usually a team or two in that range that gets left out. Almost always because they didn’t win enough against good teams.

NC State had a horrible OOC schedule. Add that to the bid stealers.

Bilas picked UNC? Wow, I'm shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by rolm View Post
    Glad they picked against Duke. Both have been wrong with their picks most of the season (JW more than JB). I'd be more nervous if they had picked Duke.
    Yeah, if they had picked Duke then we’d be complaining that they were trying to jinx us. Whatever. I don’t think the CHeats make the final four, although my reasoning will sound very ironic coming from a Duke fan - they rely too heavily on three point shooting and don’t have enough post scoring.

Eh, there is usually a team or two in that range that gets left out. Almost always because they didn’t win enough against good teams.
    I'm not exactly disagreeing, but how often are they knocked out by at large teams in the 60-80 range?

Looking at Kenpom definitely confirms that we got a tough break in VT as a 4 seeds (ranked #11 in Kenpom). Make VT a 3, LSU a 4 and give us them instead.

Quote Originally Posted by BigZ View Post
    My Final Four

Duke Nevada Auburn Villanova

Duke over Auburn
    Duke and Auburn I see.

Nevada and Villanova make me wonder if you’ve watched college basketball in the past three months, haha. I’d be shocked if either of those teams see the second weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Bilas picked UNC? Wow, I'm shocked.
    Obviously you've forgotten that UNCheat has the greatest defender in college basketball. At least according to Bilas.