Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TNTDevil View Post

And don't get me wanker-word started on all the fouls Zion is forced to absorb with no consideration from the officials.
    I could not agree more. Nearly all of Zion's finishes on replay show him getting hacked - sometimes by more than one defender. He rarely gets the "and one". RJ gets beat up, too

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by Coballs View Post
    Remember when this Duke team was being compared to the Fab Five? Well unlike the Fab Five, we've got a banner...and we're getting one more.
    Two more. Regional Champion is worth a banner as well. (Actually, I’d expect one more, as we’re certain to be number 1 in the final AP poll.)

Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    Great game. Now on to the games that matter the most.
    Nonsense. The rest of the season is icing on the cake. I want to win a Natty but, I ain't greedy.

Beating UNC, and then winning our twenty-first ACCT Championship. I live a fulfilled life right now. I can freely roam the streets of the Triangle without fear of encountering UNC gear.

I'll worry about the tourney next week but, all I need out of that is one more round than the Cheats. Given their talent, that may mean we have to go to FF.

Peace.

did they announce the all-tourney team?

Or just Zion as MVP?

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    Two more. Regional Champion is worth a banner as well. (Actually, I’d expect one more, as we’re certain to be number 1 in the final AP poll.)
    Original post corrected

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    Oh, and this just in - Ted Valentine still sucks! That "charge" he called on Zion was not even close.

Anyway, Go Duke!!!
    TV Teddy has one grandchild -- a grandaughter -- for whom he likes to strut around. He had gotten very few TV shots tonight, so he decided to light up the best player in college hoops to make sure he was on camera. Of course, the game was still in doubt... but no matter.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by kcduke75 View Post
    did they announce the all-tourney team?

Or just Zion as MVP?
    All-Tournament teams, First Team: #ACCTourney

Zion Williamson @DukeMBB
    RJ Barrett @DukeMBB
    Mfiondu Kabengele @FSUHoops
    Cam Johnson @UNC_Basketball
    Kyle Guy @UVAMensHoops

Second Team: #ACCTourney

Tre Jones @DukeMBB
    Terance Mann @FSUHoops
    Luke Maye @UNC_Basketball
    Coby White @UNC_Basketball
    Frank Howard @Cuse_MBB

Quote Originally Posted by Onlyduke View Post
    Anybody got a link to the presser?
    Live right now. https://www.wral.com/wral-noon-news/1082826/

Edit: never mind. They cut away from it and ended the live late news broadcast.

I'll keep looking. Here's Duke cutting the nets: https://www.wralsportsfan.com/duke-c...itle/18265379/

Quote Originally Posted by fisheyes View Post
    Listening to the early post game presser...

Zion passed Phil Ford for most points for a freshman in the ACC Tourney and passed Art Heyman for most point by a Duke player in a 3 game series.

Incredible.
    Spot on. What a better transition speaking to our evolving society. The great Art Heyman replaced by Zion Williamson. (What would his stats look like after two, three more years?)

Bonus: Zion is as much of gentleman has Mr. Heyman.

Presser on now at theacc.com.

That pass....

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Thank you. I’ve always believed a reporter, announcer, journalist should cover the story and that person should not be the story. The Raycom team became Jay Bilas clones.
    Having literally grown up watching ACC basketball in NC via Raycom (and, prior to that Jefferson-Pilot Sports), I had ZERO problem with it. I actually thought it was very classy and cool too, that they gave some props to all the behind the scenes folks. They have covered ACC hoops for 37 of my 52 years and I'll miss them. Truly and end of an era - and, aside from Billy Packer - a GREAT era with great guys like Brando, G-man, Brad Nessler, and going way back, Mr. Thacker. Thank you, Raycom for tons of great ACC memories.

Reviewing the tape.

The game was over when Walker missed the front-end of the 1-n-1 at the 3:41 mark. (Got the jinx from Dan Shulman.)

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Live right now. https://www.wral.com/wral-noon-news/1082826/

Edit: never mind. They cut away from it and ended the live late news broadcast.

I'll keep looking. Here's Duke cutting the nets: https://www.wralsportsfan.com/duke-c...itle/18265379/
    Quote Originally Posted by terrih View Post
    Presser on now at theacc.com.
    Coach K alone at the table. http://www.theacc.com/watch/?id=163920

That was a total team win.

Solid contributions from everyone. Zion and RJ did their thing, while Cam played under control, hit his free throws and that back breaking bomb at the end. Tre sure picked a great game to go all Tyus, but I've got to give a huge shout out to Javin. The kid bounced back from a horrible game yesterday and did so against a very imposing frontline. Jack had a rough night courtesy of the officials and I hope his hammy is ok. Jordan also did his thing and every minute we get from him helps a starter get some rest.

Let's move on and hopefully we get to see what Mr. Bolden can add to the storyline next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    Having literally grown up watching ACC basketball in NC via Raycom (and, prior to that Jefferson-Pilot Sports), I had ZERO problem with it. I actually thought it was very classy and cool too, that they gave some props to all the behind the scenes folks. They have covered ACC hoops for 37 of my 52 years and I'll miss them. Truly and end of an era - and, aside from Billy Packer - a GREAT era with great guys like Brando, G-man, Brad Nessler, and going way back, Mr. Thacker. Thank you, Raycom for tons of great ACC memories.
    Word-up yo. End of an era.

Now, The Great Satan, owns the ACC's soul. Lawd he'p us.

Great win! Wonderful defense! FSU played a really good game, and made us work hard. Terrible 3 point shooting; horrendous officiating especially on tha ridiculous charges called on us. The hacking that went uncalled should be looked upon by the conference. Game made me feel better about chances for tournament, but made me feel sadder about losing Zion.

Quote Originally Posted by ncexnyc View Post
    That was a total team win.

Solid contributions from everyone. Zion and RJ did their thing, while Cam played under control, hit his free throws and that back breaking bomb at the end. Tre sure picked a great game to go all Tyus, but I've got to give a huge shout out to Javin. The kid bounced back from a horrible game yesterday and did so against a very imposing frontline. Jack had a rough night courtesy of the officials and I hope his hammy is ok. Jordan also did his thing and every minute we get from him helps a starter get some rest.

Let's move on and hopefully we get to see what Mr. Bolden can add to the storyline next weekend.
    Jack looked like a Sam Malone special - g g g groin injury. At least on the bench. Didn’t notice when it happened. Hope it’s fine.

Before I go back and read all of this thread I want to congratulate the team on a great game. I’m amazed at the energy they were able to muster for the third night in a row. That was the key in my mind.

Oh my!!! Zion’s assist to Tre was amazing. Yes, I remember a similar pass to RJ earlier this season, but power forwards just don’t do that.

Quote Originally Posted by JayZee View Post
    Jack looked like a Sam Malone special - g g g groin injury. At least on the bench. Didn’t notice when it happened. Hope it’s fine.
    Did this question come up in the post game presser? We may need Jack.