Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    They didn’t even show them holding up the trophy. And showed only Vrankovic cutting a piece of the net. I do like some of those broadcasters but c’mon man we don’t really give a crap about everyone’s teary eyes goodbyes. Just let me see the champs!!!
    Thank you. I’ve always believed a reporter, announcer, journalist should cover the story and that person should not be the story. The Raycom team became Jay Bilas clones.

Great effort by this team, fantastic coaching! It would've been easy for a letdown to happen after last night's classic thriller. Many coaches would've let that happen. And that's just one of many things that separates him from the rest of the other great coaches.

Celebrate this tournament championship, thanks to everyone on this board for making one of the greatest ACC Tournaments even more enjoyable!

Quote Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
    Is Jack hurt? Trainer was working on him for awhile late in the game. Looked like it might have been right wrist. Then he left the bench for awhile. Came back, but stayed on the end of the bench. Hope he is ok for Friday!
    When White went to the bench, the camera zoomed in to see him appearing to be taking inventory on his man parts.

OUCH on TV?

Assume he'll be okay

Quote Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
    Is Jack hurt? Trainer was working on him for awhile late in the game. Looked like it might have been right wrist. Then he left the bench for awhile. Came back, but stayed on the end of the bench. Hope he is ok for Friday!
    It looked like his right thigh was cramping up. I hope that is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Saratoga2 View Post
    Great win against a deep team of large athletic, and experienced players and a solid coach.

We were a little loose with the ball to start but our defensive pressure was unrelenting causing turnovers and runouts for fast breaks. Coach K knows his players and had a game plan of letting our talent carry the day.

It is worth calling out the great work by our individual players tonight, since many had outstanding games.

1. Zion had his usual incredible offensive and defensive game

2. Tre had what I think is his best game ever in a Duke uniform. Having him as the main ball handler gives us our best chance. He was a very effective scorer and distributor tonnight with his usual on ball defensive pressure. Love what he accomplished.

3. RJ had an excellent game finishing on plays where he was heavily guarded. His defense was also solid tonight.

4. Javin played with great energy and determination and rebounded very well against some really big and aggressive front court players.

5. Cam made his free throws and hit a key dagger 3 late in the game. It had to feel good for him to make a nice contribution. His defense is always good.

6. Jack white game some good minutes and made an excellent block that turned into a 4 point turnaround.

7. Jordan can be counted on to apply energetic defense and he is good with the ball.

Now we need to get Bolden feeling good. Be nice to have him for the weekend. Great win and wonderful thoughts expressed by the guys who love Duke and talk of the brotherhood. Any potential recruit should listed closely as Duke does well by its players.
    Loved how K used RJ to bring the ball up for the second half to save Tre’s energy. FSU was really trying to wear him down.

On that note, does RJ ever get tired? He’s like Duhon or Johnny D. Just incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    "Does anybody have any idea what the heck is going on with all of these offensive charge calls that have suddenly become so abundant? Is this an anti-Duke thing or are they calling them like this against all teams? I’ve never seen anything like it. For years and years the benefit of the doubt has gone to the offensive player. Now, suddenly they are giving the defensive player call after call, and often on obvious flops. These guys act like they’ve been hit by a cannonball the way they throw themselves backwards. The refs are calling it as if the offensive player can’t even touch the defender when driving to the basket, like they can’t make any contact whatsoever. I’m just completely stupefied by this."-Steven43 from in game thread

I agree. The only explanation I can come up with is that extending your arm to push away the defender is a point of emphasis for officials this year. But TV Teddy was truly awful at the end. In any event, still won and it feels great!!! Yes!
    As I've said in other threads, the rule change on the charge/block, has taken that call to an entire different level of subjective. "Legal guarding position". Charge. Drop shoulder (according to other well-respected DBR posters) in an easy charge (I'm not disagreeing). But tonight just showed the fluke of the new rule definition. At the 13:00 Kabengele* clearly lowers his shoulder into JDL and...it's a block. Later, the Zion "charge". On that call, apparently "legal guarding position" meant to be "near" the player with the ball.

And don't get me wanker-word started on all the fouls Zion is forced to absorb with no consideration from the officials.

*This is but a single example. There are others.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    He was grabbing his left hamstring.
    Yep, he left later in 2nd half and didn't return. When he left, was grabbing his hamstring. Hope it is minor issue.

Great win. Tre was masterful on both sides of the ball. Zion was Zion. That pass to Tre was amazing. RJ was solid. As dreadful as Javin was against unc, he was equally awesome tonight. FSU's bigs are no joke and Javin did great against them. I thought it was big for Cam to hit that late 3. Positive minutes from J and J. I hope Jack didn't tweak a hammy. Those things can linger.

Duke played some excellent defense, especially in the second half.

Sweet. Congrats to the team. And more than any other recent win, it was a team win. Javin's work on the boards was spectacular. Cam hit free throws and hit the shot that erased any hope FSU had of a comeback. Zion was a beast again, RJ made some timely plays. Tre had an awesome game. We need to keep it going and win the Natty!

Listening to the early post game presser...

Zion passed Phil Ford for most points for a freshman in the ACC Tourney and passed Art Heyman for most point by a Duke player in a 3 game series.

Incredible.

ACC Tourney Champs!!!!!!! It’s always sweet. Nice to get another so soon after our last one in 2017.

Very proud of these guys.

Someone tweeted the idea that Zion got hurt just when most frosh hit a mental wall and he kind of avoided it as a result. His return has been like a shot of Wakanda vibranium for the whole squad.

Tre was back to being early season killer Tre Pebbles. I am almost tempted to upgrade Pebbles to Stones but I want to give him something to keep shooting for, like when K called 2010 a good team with great character until he finally called them GREAT after the Butler win.

Enjoy it everyone. Let’s get our seed and region and keep this party going.

Trey looked great in his decision making.

Just a fyi Acc championship gear is already selling at several sights.

Anybody got a link to the presser?

Quote Originally Posted by Kfanarmy View Post
    Fourth game? They were the 4 seed weren't they?
    Yes - they were 4th seed. They only played 3 games as well

Quote Originally Posted by Kfanarmy View Post
    Fourth game? They were the 4 seed weren't they?
    Yep, sorry I had a brain fart and confused them with VT in the seedings. Still, we beat a really good team.

We just held a top-35 offense to 63 points on ~70 possessions. Without our starting center. With a short rotation playing their third day in a row. That is REALLY impressive.

Defensive rebounding was relatively strong considering the opponent. As was the on-ball pressure from Jones.

So proud of the team for fighting back from large first half deficits twice against top opponents to win.

Zion is amazing.

Jones played like Stones in the second half. DeLaurier played really well too. The rest strung together enough to help us cross the finish line.

Winning the tourney is always such a satisfying feeling. Now let’s go win our weekend next week!

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Ted Valentine not only should be fired as a ref, he should be banned from even watching/attending a college basketball game.

But moving along to more important things,

ACC CHAMPS! WAY TO GO GUYS!
    I noticed two calls on Zion that were real head scrathers. He got called on a rebound where the only player near him was a fellow Duke player. Then the charge call was not one where he lowered his shoulder. There was a little bumping between players but that didn't look like the definition of a charge.

Quote Originally Posted by JayZee View Post
    Loved how K used RJ to bring the ball up for the second half to save Tre’s energy. FSU was really trying to wear him down.

On that note, does RJ ever get tired? He’s like Duhon or Johnny D. Just incredible.
    Oh yeah, that was terrific. Saw into the future there...

Still haven't found any post game press conferences despite the links in chat, sorry
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Remember when this Duke team was being compared to the Fab Five? Well unlike the Fab Five, we've got a banner...and we're getting more.

Quote Originally Posted by Onlyduke View Post
    Anybody got a link to the presser?
    Not on yet...but this is what I am listening to...

http://theacc.com/sports/2019/3/11/m...nferences.aspx