Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    I tend to agree. The thing about fatigue in this situation is this: Coach K never plays a long rotation, so every time we’re in an ACCT final, this should be an issue, right? Well, in the last 20 years, we’ve played in 13 ACCT finals. We’ve won 11 out of those 13.

So unless there’s some special circumstances that haven’t applied over the last 20 years (and I don’t believe the fact that Zion didn’t play for 3 weeks before he dominated the last two games qualifies), I figure K’s got the fatigue thing under control.
    I don’t know- I am pretty fatigued. I much prefer the old afternoon final.

I tend to agree. The thing about fatigue in this situation is this: Coach K never plays a long rotation, so every time we’re in an ACCT final, this should be an issue, right? Well, in the last 20 years, we’ve played in 13 ACCT finals. We’ve won 11 out of those 13.
    l.
    Which has always surprised me because it is so counter intuitive for a team...especially when they had to play 4 to win it in 2017.

Of course, that team then seemed gassed mentally and physically the next week in Greenville SC and that house of horrors...

“ Mount Up Men.. Ride To The Sound Of The Cannon Fire,,,, There’s A Battle To Be Fought “!

LET’S GO DUKE . LET’S GO DUKE

Quote Originally Posted by ns7 View Post
    We were a 4.5 favorite last night.
    I've watched FSU basketball since 1993; their performance yesterday was definitely one of the 5 best I've seen out of that program. If we plan to come close to covering this spread, we need to box out and try to get in points in transition because their half court defense is very stout.

I'm actually very worried about this game, because we're not anywhere close to as deep as they are, which is a big advantage for them, with both teams playing their 3rd games in 3 days. By the tip of this game we won't have had even 24 hours to rest up after a physically and emotionally draining game against one of the fastest tempo teams in the country. Not having Marques against State's huge centers hurts matchup wise, and depth wise.

We're really going to have to dig deep and find energy where we can, and probably try to slow it down when we can. I'm hoping the bench guys can step up like they did against Carolina, and that Jordan has consumed a large amount bananas and Gatorade. Can't be getting cramps again.

Let's get this championship!!

So unless there’s some special circumstances that haven’t applied over the last 20 years (and I don’t believe the fact that Zion didn’t play for 3 weeks before he dominated the last two games qualifies), I figure K’s got the fatigue thing under control.
    I agree on fatigue. Coach K masterfully managed Zion's minutes the last 2 games, working them around the 4 minute marks. I'm more concerned about FSU's length and athleticism. GoDuke!

Just remember, this is FSU's 3rd game in 3 nights also.

Quote Originally Posted by Pghdukie View Post
    Just remember, this is FSU's 3rd game in 3 nights also.
    One an OT win. But their coach uses his entire bench. Well it looks like it. GoDuke!

DBR Chat is open!

If it gets a bit slow, refresh the page. If you're on a mobile device, you'll need to select "Blue" at the bottom.

As always - please follow the DBR Posting Guidelines.

Let's Go Duke!

-jk

We will need a stat geek for this. What is the winning percentage when Duke wears their white uniforms for the championship game ?

I'm really worried about this game as well. I'm sure the team had to suffer through a grueling bus ride all the way to the Spectrum.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    We will need a stat geek for this. What is the winning percentage when Duke wears their white uniforms for the championship game ?
    Assuming the higher seed has worn white, we are 14-4.

TV Teddy on duty tonight. Watch out !

Shocked he didn't call that Zion bump on that drive.

Tre’s “double dribble” was clearly a bobble...

-jk

fsu guy lowered shoulder into Z
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

A few missed opportunities on those fast breaks, but the defense is generating those opportunities, so that bodes well.

Man I wish Tre could hit at least 30% from three....had two great looks.

Couple of deep makes away from opening this thing up...D has been outstanding.

Urrrgghhh...TO on inbounds and 3 pt play...yuck

Again, way too many turnovers