Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MBB: Duke v FSU (8:30, Sat Mar 16, ESPN/RAY) Pre-Game and In-Game Thread

An ACC championship match versus Free Shoes U tomorrow night at 8:30 pm. ESPN and Raycom with the broadcast.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Crab legs versus cramped legs. Who ya got?

FSU plays more guys and has serious size inside. I think we will need better than average 3-point shooting given the likely fatigue and interior defense of FSU. Could go either way...

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Crab legs versus cramped legs. Who ya got?
    I hope we crushtacean them.

<bedtime>
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Duke beat FSU 79-69 to win the 2009 ACC Tournament. I’ll take that score again this year.

Biggest concern is how much gas we have left. They are big and deep, so they will be fresher. They are also streaking at the right time. This will be a tough challenge for us. I don’t know that Zion will have his way on the interior as much as the last two games.

Keys seem to be ball movement and ball protection. Especially not having live ball turnovers.

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    FSU plays more guys and has serious size inside. I think we will need better than average 3-point shooting given the likely fatigue and interior defense of FSU. Could go either way...
    Their size is a concern. I figure when we drive the lane, we'll get a foul on them, we score, we get blocked or we get called for a charge. Two of those aren't good. I just don't want to see Cam taking the ball into the lane. GoDuke!

The final Raycom game for the foreseeable future can be seen on these stations:
    http://theacc.com/sports/2019/2/20/M...019-CHAMP.aspx

For those who want to watch the free, unrestricted online version of the broadcast can do so here:
    http://www.theacc.com/watch/?id=161581

Quote Originally Posted by awhom111 View Post
    The final Raycom game for the foreseeable future can be seen on these stations:
    http://theacc.com/sports/2019/2/20/M...019-CHAMP.aspx

For those who want to watch the free, unrestricted online version of the broadcast can do so here:
    http://www.theacc.com/watch/?id=161581
    ...and for everyone who wants to be graced by the unquestionable absolute truth about all things college basketball and NCAA related from his righteousness, Jay Bilas: espn.com/watch
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    ...and for everyone who wants to be graced by the unquestionable absolute truth about all things college basketball and NCAA related from his righteousness, Jay Bilas: espn.com/watch
    He's bald, you know.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Definitely worried about this one...FSU has the size and athleticism to make a tired Zion (and tired Duke team period) work.

I get that the way it works with tournaments is that the bench use is liberal early and then the rotation tightens up a lot by the final game (assuming you advance), but I wouldn't mind K playing the bench guys even more in the first half than he did last night, and conserve the starters' energy for the second. Even with a worst case scenario (a double digit deficit going into the second half), FSU is the kind of team I think our guys, with smart minute management, can overcome.

But Duke is faster. Just need to take care of the ball and see each other better.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Two years ago Duke won the ACC Tournament playing four games. This can be dine

Last time I checked, FSU played an overtime game on Thursday, so can we please stop making excuses for us before the game even starts.

Anyway we still have JRob and Baker waiting in the wings

Phil Cofer has 20 pts total thus far in the ACC tourney. Count on him going for 25+ tomorrow night. Dude looooves to play Duke!

I think Duke is more relaxed in the one and wins comfortably. Against Syracuse it was Zion first night nerves. UNC it was getting that monkey off their backs. Nobody had said this much but that was a big game for our young uns considering the two previous losses.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by simplyluvin View Post
    Biggest concern is how much gas we have left. They are big and deep, so they will be fresher. They are also streaking at the right time. This will be a tough challenge for us. I don’t know that Zion will have his way on the interior as much as the last two games.

Keys seem to be ball movement and ball protection. Especially not having live ball turnovers.
    Quote Originally Posted by KandG View Post
    Definitely worried about this one...FSU has the size and athleticism to make a tired Zion (and tired Duke team period) work.

I get that the way it works with tournaments is that the bench use is liberal early and then the rotation tightens up a lot by the final game (assuming you advance), but I wouldn't mind K playing the bench guys even more in the first half than he did last night, and conserve the starters' energy for the second. Even with a worst case scenario (a double digit deficit going into the second half), FSU is the kind of team I think our guys, with smart minute management, can overcome.
    White (6 minutes), AOC (3 minutes) and Joey Redshirt should be fresh. 22.gif

(Yea, I know/read the post where the good guys' bench got 47 minutes last PM and the evil ones' bench only played 30 and RJ and Tre both played 40.)
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

When we played them earlier, Zion only played 17 mins because he got poked in the eye. Barrett and Reddish went off. I see no evidence that Reddish will duplicate this performance but he is a streaky shooter (he really laid some bricks last night). Zion needs to take it to their 8 ft tall center.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...meId=401082679

FSU strengths are their length and depth. Coach Hamilton substitutes freely and pushes his guys to play hard for every second they are on the court. He emphasized this point yesterday in court side interviews with Allison Williams. The Seminoles will be looking for revenge after we beat them on a last second 3-pointer in Tallahassee.

Do not underestimate the Noles. They are a good team and will give us a serious run for the ACC Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    Phil Cofer has 20 pts total thus far in the ACC tourney. Count on him going for 25+ tomorrow night. Dude looooves to play Duke!
    I agree with ChrisP. Cofer scored 21 points making 5-8 3 PT FG in the regular season game. He also had 7 rebounds (4 offensive). Last season he scored 28 on us. He is an experienced 5th year senior who will be motivated to win an ACC Championship. Someone needs to be up in his grill for 40 minutes tonight.
    Bob Green

FSU's results, ordered by margin of victory, against AP ranked teams (ranking at time game played) - lots of overtime games - 6-3

+10 N #2 UVa
    +09 (ot) #15 VT
    +05 (ot) #16 Lville
    +03 (ot) N #19 LSU
    +02 (ot) N #16 VT
    +01 #19 Purdue
    ----------------------------
    -02 #1 Duke
    -13 @ #4 UVa
    -18 @ #8 UNC

Duke's results, ordered by margin of victory, against AP ranked teams (ranking at time game played) - 8-4

+34 N #2 KY
    +11 N #12 Texas Tech
    +10 @ #3 UVa
    +06 N #8 Auburn
    +02 @ #13 FSU
    +02 #4 UVa
    +02 @ #16 Lville
    +01 N #3 UNC
    -----------------------------
    -02 N #3 Gonzaga
    -05 @ #20 VT
    -09 @ #3 UNC