Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    I thought we might get Austin Rivers-ed at the end...but no!!!

LGD
    GTHC

5 thoughts:

1. ALWAYS KEEP THE FAITH!!!!

2. Vrank and Goldwire. I may vote for one of them as MOTM even though it's really Zion. But Vrank stepping in for DeLaurier was so key. And Goldwire's play was stellar. His garbage basket on a gimpy leg was so big. His defense was also great - I said it in the thread: any coincidence that Johnson's O cooled down when Goldwire came in?

3. Dang, RJ. I love you, man. But the FT's... Looked to me that Carolina really worked hard to take him out of his game, and it kind of worked. But 15 points was big.

4. Jones - can he be the reliable 3rd scorer this team needs? I hope so.

5. So happy not to lose 3 in a season to the Cheats. I wanted this game much more than tomorrow's. Though now I want tomorrow's, too. It will mean the #1 seed for Duke.

9F
    9F
    9F
    I will never talk about That Game. GTHC.

Is it better for my heart that I wasn't able to watch it live?

What a gutty win. The team looked gassed after the first eight minutes. Key stretch was after Javin picked up his third, Reddish had two, we were down 13 but still cut into the lead having one scorer on the court. Contributions from everybody. Goldwire locking down Johnson was just one of many keys to the win. Zion was the star but lots of other guys stepped up. So happy to have gotten this W!

Wow- what a game. Congrats on a well earned win. I sure wish there had been another half second on the clock for Cam’s put back.

I can’t like anyone who puts on the Duke uniform, but I am in awe of Zion. I can’t think of any college player I have watched that has such an impact on the game. There have been lots of guys who put up big numbers, but he’s way more than that. Just amazing. The sooner he is in the NBA, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    RJ wasn't close on either...first one way short, second one a long clank.
    You could see a worried look on his face before he took them. Didn’t look confident. Of course he was playing in HS last year and has carried us many games this season so there’s that...

We did everything we could to lose that game. Cam's turnovers gave UNC life twice in the second half, and RJ missed those free throws.

But... we won. That's awesome. F them.
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

Lucky to win tonight. I thank the good Lord for Zion. I think we can overcome subpar perimeter shooting going forward because Zion cures a lot of maladies, but our free throw shooting must be better down the stretch.

Cam was a liability tonight. The game was too fast for him. Goldwire really kept their Cam down.

Seven more wins!!!

Starting lineup tomorrow should be:

J-Gold
    AOC
    Cam
    White
    Vrank

Sub in Justin Robinson at the first TV timeout

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    All props to J-Gold and Vrank. Their entry into the game completely reversed the momentum and they were productive while in. J-Gold in particular warriored thru cramping to give everything to this team.
    Zion is the king. No doubt that they wouldn't have lost any of those 3 games while he was out. He's just amazing.
    I'm just hoping that there's enough gas in the tank to beat FSU tomorrow.
    Not arguing this point. They were fantastic.

But, JDL deserves some love. He can't help it that he's tweaking most of his game minutes. But, he played a long time in the 2nd with four and didn't foul out. So...there's that.

i'm too old for this....stuff.
    April 1

Love, love, LOVE what Goldwire and Vrank gave us tonight! Zion was, well Zion. Cam was "off" to put it nicely. Javin, after 2 really nice games in a row, was pretty awful tonight. Not much contribution from White or AOC, sadly.

Crazy game. Glad to get the win. Really want Cam to get it together but...man, is he frustrating to watch sometimes

I’m 70 years old today. I aged 23 years in one night.
    Last edited by jipops; 03-16-2019 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post

I have a moral dilemma. I've committed to dinner with friends tomorrow who don't care about basketball. I think I am coming down with something and need to cancel.
    Sorry to hear Marty. Let me know if you need a doctor’s note.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Starting lineup tomorrow should be:

J-Gold
    AOC
    Cam
    White
    Vrank

Sub in Justin Robinson at the first TV timeout
    And you want Zion not to start because?

Zion - take tomorrow off and rest. You deserve it.

26-32 from the floor in 2 games. How about we get that guy some touches?

Cam Johnson is going to be seeing Jordan Goldwire everywhere he looks for the foreseeable future.

Lets hope the NCAA tourney doesnt reward these flops and have these refs re-read the rule book on charges.

Jack White wants to know why Luke Maye and Garrison Brooks can illegally cross the end line everytime after a Duke made basket occurs (perhaps our friend Jay Bilas could have pointed that out after the 23rd time he lauded the ‘Holes for how fast they push the ball up).
    Windy City Devil

I guess having Zion makes a difference...

Quote Originally Posted by Mabdul Doobakus View Post
    Lucky. Zion shouldn't have to do this much.
    this.

Quote Originally Posted by jipops View Post
    I’m 70 years old today. I aged 33 years in one night.
    Not the blowout you expected, huh?