Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike4Fun View Post
    I have way more National Championships than most ever dream of. Watching Zion gives me joy.
    that's good. if he sparks joy, you don't have to throw him out.
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    I'll take the Natty, always every time. Natty #6 and Zion going 1 helps future recruiting. Holding players back who should leave hurts future recruiting. Case in point - Ol Roy. If we're good enough to win it all, our other players probably also move up this draft board which helps future recruiting.

The right move for the consensus #1 pick is to go pro in June and sign those endorsement deals. Zion has been fantastic for Duke and Duke has been fantastic for him.
    Except that the premise of the question is that you don't get both.

Let me tell you when the tourney is over, and I’ve experienced both.

Choosing to have Zion over a national championship puts the player above the program. I am a Duke fan first. Give me a Natty any day.

Quote Originally Posted by slower View Post
    Seems like some of you don't understand my premise:

If you can ONLY HAVE ONE OF THESE THINGS - a year of Zion playing for Duke, OR a national championship WITHOUT ZION EVER PLAYING FOR DUKE - which would you choose? Hopefully, that was clear enough.

As I said before, I'm taking one year of Zion.
    I don't see how this is even a close decision. You take the Natty.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

6. This is a trick question right? National championship every single time. Even if with no Zion, that means other players to fall in love with that actually got us to the promised land.

It’s like asking whether we would trade the 2010 national championship for this season without one. I love Zion, but I also love Scheyer, Nolan, Lance, Zoubeck, et al.

Quote Originally Posted by slower View Post
    Seems like some of you don't understand my premise:

If you can ONLY HAVE ONE OF THESE THINGS - a year of Zion playing for Duke, OR a national championship WITHOUT ZION EVER PLAYING FOR DUKE - which would you choose? Hopefully, that was clear enough.

As I said before, I'm taking one year of Zion.
    Natty, always. I will trade whatever you name for a title. Unless you name the things uNC traded for their titles. I would never trade those things.

Why am I wasting my time reading this...Natty...
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
    No one, NO ONE is bigger than the game. National championships are treasures.

I’d take Zion.

Sure, no player is bigger than the game and another Natty is what this is all about.

However, I’d argue that Zion’s play, personality and overall approach to the game has turned far more people into fans of Duke basketball than one player ever has. He’s must see TV...even for the “haters.”

If he’s anything like this in the NBA, I’d say it’ll still yield positive things for Duke.

I think he’s worth it now and in the long run.