Thread: The Widow

The Widow

Anybody watching this show on Prime? My wife and I watched the first episode and loved it.

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
    Good to know. It is in my queue. I will start it right after I finish Catastrophe. A quirky comedy, but I really like it.

Well, we binged all of widow. Couldn't turn it off. It was really interesting, but got kind of lazy in the last episode in my opinion. Not sure where they'll go in season 2 if there is one.

I watched the first ep and liked it, but have been distracted recently with basketball. I intend to go back to it, though - Kate Beckinsale was really good in the first ep.

I’d give it mixed reviews. It’s annoying that Kate is such an “ugly American” (Brit actually). Every contact she makes she immediately goes into full interrogation mode, like her quest trumps everyone else’s life. I kept waiting for someone to tell her off but good. Let me stress this is not the actress’ fault - I’m sure she played it exactly as directed. Plot is not very believable, with people dying all around her while Kate always emerges unscathed.

dissatisfied with the ending too. Would have been great if they ended it immediately after the scene where she goes to Rwanda. Trying to be a bit coy to avid a spoiler. If you watched it you now what I mean. Everything after that was anti climactic.

So lot of things I didn’t like, but scenes of Africa, conflicts and challenges of life in Congo are realistic, acting is good and the supporting cast very good.

Anyone know where it was filmed?

I completely forgot to mention - parts of the dialog are in Swahili. Since the heroine doesn’t speak it, we aren’t given any captioning help. So this is the perfect show for certain “student” athletes from a certain “university “.

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    I watched the first ep and liked it, but have been distracted recently with basketball. I intend to go back to it, though - Kate Beckinsale was really good in the first ep.
    She’s good in everything. (Esp as a vampire). One of my hidden crushes. (Don’t tell my wife of 44 years.)

It's been a while since I've watched it so my comments are more general than specific. I was just disappointed in it. It didn't seem to go much of anywhere, she was just misdirected the whole time, a few things were just so unrealistic and I remember being unsatisfied with the ending as well.

Of course Kate was in it so I had to watch it :-)