View Poll Results: Who was Duke's Man of the Match in their ACC Tourney quarterfinal win over Syrac

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Javin Delaurier

0 0%
  • Zion Williamson

119 96.75%
  • RJ Barrett

0 0%
  • Cam Reddish

0 0%
  • Tre Jones

0 0%
  • Jack White

0 0%
  • Alex O'Connell

0 0%
  • Jordan Goldwire

4 3.25%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Zion was the best but I voted for Goldwire- because he was perfect and provided a huge spark.
    You have been voted off the island.

Kidding, glad to have you around but you'll catch some deserved heat for that vote.

Quote Originally Posted by duke4ever19 View Post
    You're going straight to bed without supper, mister.
    Definitely going to bed. The game didn't turn until Goldwire made his steal, bucket and foul shot- it went from 3 points to 6 and Duke finally started to get stops. Zion was amazing but the game turned there.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Only because the poll creator only listed Rivers as an option. It has never happened in a poll where all active players were listed. I believe there was some heated debate about the poll options in that MOTM actually.
    There were two options, “Austin Rivers” and “Someone else (and you better have a good reason).” Anyone could have voted for someone else if he or she wanted to do so, but everyone picked Rivers. People undoubtedly complained about the atypical format because that is what people do here, but no one had the gall to vote for someone else. Rivers won 186-0.

Dukelifer is an obvious Russian troll working for the Kremlin to undermine our democratic process

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    There were two options, “Austin Rivers” and “Someone else (and you better have a good reason).” Anyone could have voted for someone else if he or she wanted to do so, but everyone picked Rivers. People undoubtedly complained about the atypical format because that is what people do here, but no one had the gall to vote for someone else. Rivers won 186-0.
    If it had actually been a list of players I am sure someone would have picked someone else. The format of the poll means it doesn't count as a unanimous MOTM (or at least it has an asterisk). That's all I'm saying, Rivers was undoubtedly the MOTM that game.

I am embarrassed that I was worried it would take time to get back to the incredible level he was playing at

Definitely going to bed. The game didn't turn until Goldwire made his steal, bucket and foul shot- it went from 3 points to 6 and Duke finally started to get stops. Zion was amazing but the game turned there.
    I voted for Zion, but defend dukelifer’s right to this opinion. Arguably the spark that got us separation in a pretty even game late into the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I voted for Zion, but defend dukelifer’s right to this opinion. Arguably the spark that got us separation in a pretty even game late into the second half.
    But without Zion there's no spark for Goldwire to give.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Think about this...because we will probably never see it again. (And as a hater of the OAD, I am in love with this.)

His first game back, Zion sets a Duke record, going 13 for 13 from the field, including his three pointer. I don't want to be the person this summer, next year, 5 years from now...looking back at this game and telling my friend "You should have been there, Jordan Goldwire was awesome." Forest for the trees.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by JetpackJesus View Post
    But without Zion there's no spark for Goldwire to give.
    I don’t disagree. But I support the right to disagree with us on what one considers to constitute the MOTM.

Dukelifer does deserve his own opinion ...

... but you also said the game turned when JG came in. Isn’t this a vote for ‘Man of the Match’, not ‘Who Came In And Turned The Game Around’?

Looking at just MOTM, there’s no way it wasn’t Zion. Just Sayin.
    Last edited by DukeBlue666s; 03-15-2019 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Eh

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Think about this...because we will probably never see it again. (And as a hater of the OAD, I am in love with this.)

His first game back, Zion sets a Duke record, going 13 for 13 from the field, including his three pointer. I don't want to be the person this summer, next year, 5 years from now...looking back at this game and telling my friend "You should have been there, Jordan Goldwire was awesome." Forest for the trees.
    Apparently I'm not promiscuous enough with my sporks because I haven't been able to spork several deserving folks the last few days.

Duh!

Duh!

Shout-out to whomever voted for Goldwire. That's normally my move.

But, tonight, Zion was...On. A. Mission.

Never seen anything like tonight.

In. Fifty. Two. Years.

Gawddamn.

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    Jordan was the Man of the Moment.

Zion was the Man of the Match.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Quote Originally Posted by TNTDevil View Post

In. Fifty. Two. Years.

Gawddamn.
    Well. Maybe 27 years, 1992 had a guy with a pretty cool statline too.

Quote Originally Posted by TNTDevil View Post

In. Fifty. Two. Years.

Gawddamn.
    I guess you must have missed the 10/10 FG, 10/10 FT game another Dukie had a few years back BTW, that player was also 1/1 on 3pt shots.

But I do get your point and definitely feel the sentiment as well.

This is why we can’t have nice things...
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Even I know the answer to this question...

Goldwire is more than a practice player

I voted for Goldwire just to remind some frequent posters on this site that a mere few weeks ago people were saying Goldwire was never going to be more than a practice player. His defense on Boeheim was impressive to say the least.
    "Play and practice like you are trying to make the team." --Coach K