Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I hadn't noticed the trip by Howard. It was obvious. Yet we will barely hear a word of this tmrw, will we?

I certainly would call that a double standard. Will see.

- Chillin

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    That was insanely fun, then very frustrating, then fun again. Survive and advance. Go to Hell Carolina.
    This sums it up pretty well. Zion was amazing, Goldwire and JDL made solid contributions, and everyone else was a mixed bag. Bring on xnc!

Quote Originally Posted by COYS View Post
    Dominating in one’s first game back from injury will no longer be called pulling a “Ryan Kelly.”
    Kelly's comeback was more surprising because it was Ryan Kelly and not Zion and he hadn't even practiced. Zion practiced all this week.

. . .every game."

Quote Originally Posted by J4Kop99 View Post
    "I come ready to kill." - Zion

...and kill he did. Spectacular.
    That was a performance for the ages. And it wasn't just the shooting. The rebounding, diving on the floor, dishing. It is a pleasure to watch someone that good at something who clearly enjoys it so much.

Thank goodness we didn't end up wasting his effort. Yes, the zone is bothersome but this is the 3rd time this team has seen it.

We need more consistent focus; we need at least ONE shooter to step up, and I think it needs to be AOC or Cam, who can also drive. I wish like hell we would have Marques against the Cheats, but we'll have to adjust with active hands, quick feet, and good communication.

SYR's legs faded there towards the end, but while they were they gave Duke all we could handle.
    The key move of the game was going to J-Gold to replace AOC. Alex was getting burned by Boeheim, although he hit some shots that Alex defended adequately. J-Gold however just didn't let Boeheim get the ball. We got some stops and hit some shots and things turned around.
    13-13 FGs + 14 rebs + 5 steals. Holy Z'ing schnikeys, what a performance!!!
    By the end of the game RJ had some nice numbers but still, 6 turns is not good. Some of them were just atrocious.
    Cam, sorry dude, that was just a weak game.
    Tre nailed it down by being solid at the stripe, but his inability to hit shots is problematic. Hope he can get just a little bit better.
    The bench actually put up decent numbers, but until J-Gold came in it didn't seem like it. 3-5 FGs for 8 points.
    I'm glad to be moving to the semis, hope Duke can avoid that mid-game lull tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by ChillinDuke View Post
    I hadn't noticed the trip by Howard. It was obvious. Yet we will barely hear a word of this tmrw, will we?

- Chillin
    We already knew that though.

Exhibit A: Chris Paul - Universally beloved golden boy and serial nut puncher. And plenty of others.

In the end it wasn’t close and there is so much to improve on. Z’s first game back....Duke will be better tomorrow.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Coach K just rolling with the fact that we can win with only two real scoring threats in the game.
    Gives Goldwire one job: blanket Buddy. No threes for Buddy. Check. Buddy gets a total of two more points in the entire game.
    Leave the offense to Zion and RJ, and then watch Tre unexpectedly contribute. And even Goldwire gets into the scoring column.

Rest up. Tomorrow will not be a cakewalk.

Maybe it was a thumbnail of our season so far, great at the beginning, holding on in the middle, dangerous for a few possession and then surge to victory.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

No that there was any doubt who the player of the year is, but my... goodness. What a talent.

I hope he goes for 40 and 20 tomorrow.

Zion was spectacular. The legend grows. It was good that Tre finally hit some shots after 0 pts in the first half. Can't have that. Goldwire gave some great minutes. The D had some great moments but Cuse did not give up. That is the nature of tourney basketball. This Duke team is very inexperienced. This was an incomplete Cuse team with Battle out- and they easily could have made this very close or won. Their zone is tough - no matter how often you see it - and forced a ton of turnovers. Duke will need to much better tomorrow. A lot on the line.

I don’t think we take that one if Battle is healthy. Still, when it came down to winning time we got stops and hit shots.

RJ’s passing???
    Goldwires D!!!
    And then there’s Shazam!

Did anyone notice if Zion changed his shoes at the half? I thought he did.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by ChillinDuke View Post

- Chillin
    Yep. Grayson could get elbowed in the face and thrown down on a bench during a dead ball situation and no F1s, F2s, ejections, suspensions for dirty and uncalled for thuggery like those plays. Double standard, indeed.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Coach K just rolling with the fact that we can win with only two real scoring threats in the game.
    Gives Goldwire one job: blanket Buddy. No threes for Buddy. Check. Buddy gets a total of two more points in the entire game.
    Leave the offense to Zion and RJ, and then watch Tre unexpectedly contribute. And even Goldwire gets into the scoring column.

Rest up. Tomorrow will not be a cakewalk.
    Cam played poorly tonight and he has been up and down all year but he is more than capable of being a real scoring threat when he is on his game. Zion and RJ are the steady, consistent scorers but that doesn't mean they are our only scorers every night, it just depends on if Cam shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    That was insanely fun, then very frustrating, then fun again. Survive and advance. Go to Hell Carolina.
    Good description. Hope tomorrow skips the middle step.

Love Goldwire playing D and letting offense happen around him. Doesn't force anything.

Quote Originally Posted by jipops View Post
    I don’t think we take that one if Battle is healthy. Still, when it came down to winning time we got stops and hit shots.
    Always hard to know. Duke escaped and Tre stepped up. Tre's performance at the end was the key to the win.

The other guys have to step up tomorrow.

Kind of disappointed that certain role players are regressing as we get into the most important part of the year. Jordan Goldwire is not one of them though. What a game he had. The spark plug off the bench!

Zion of course was amazing. I can't believe he is coming back from a knee injury. No words to describe what a generational talent he is. He literally can do it all, and not miss a single shot.