Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MBB: Duke v Cheating Bastards (9:30pm, Fri Mar 15, ESPN) Pre- and In-Game Thread

Duke vs. Carolina in the ACC semis. Let's hope we get through the game without losing a starter this time.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

I doubt Ozzie starts the Status Check thread and I had a massive fail, too. Who's gonna be brave and step forward?
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

TV Teddy salivating at the prospect of upstaging Zion by putting him on the bench with garbage whistles. Let us hope and pray the refs don't steal any of our starters as holes go flopping every which way. GTHCGTH!

Got to take care of the ball and protect the boards. Zion v Maye is going to be very intriguing. This is the test we wanted to see. They are playing great ball, and we’ve got to play with energy off of a back to back. We can win as long as we maintain good energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballboy1998 View Post
    TV Teddy salivating at the prospect of upstaging Zion by putting him on the bench with garbage whistles. Let us hope and pray the refs don't steal any of our starters as holes go flopping every which way. GTHCGTH!
    I looked at moonpie's advanced radio stats sheet and Zion picked up 2 fouls leaving the building tonight.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

At the most important stage of the season the cheats are playing terrific basketball. Duke on the other hand has been a discombobulated mess. Constant states of injury with a freshmen led roster in flux, and role players who have struggled to fit into the offense has led up to now.

I think we’re going to have to hit perimeter shots like we did against UVA to have a chance here. Seems like we’re due to hit a respectable volume. There is no Quinn Cook or even a Matt Jones on this roster. We have to get stellar scoring games from our top 3.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I doubt Ozzie starts the Status Check thread and I had a massive fail, too. Who's gonna be brave and step forward?
    Ozzie is the traditional starter of the Status Check...can't get gun shy after one miss! I think he needs to get back in the game.

Edit: I see Native already took care of it...Ozzie just know we'll be looking for you next February.

I think TV Teddy should take the night off, then referee a St. Patrick's Day parade somewhere !

Time for the best defensive game of the season!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jipops View Post
    I think we’re going to have to hit perimeter shots like we did against UVA to have a chance here.
    I don't understand this. we had a chance just 5 days ago without our best player and without shooting perimeter shots like that. Led at half and down 5 late in the game.

Here is a list of stations carrying the Raycom feed, although Boise looks like an error:
    http://theacc.com/sports/2019/2/20/M...-2019-SF2.aspx

Here is the online broadcast of the Raycom feed, free and without geographical restrictions:
    http://www.theacc.com/watch/?id=161580

Quote Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
    I don't understand this. we had a chance just 5 days ago without our best player and without shooting perimeter shots like that. Led at half and down 5 late in the game.
    Some people just see darkness.

Speaking of which, who was it who said we would never see Zion in a Duke uniform again, and if we did, he would never post on DBR again?

Talk about darkness and pessimism.

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    Some people just see darkness.

Speaking of which, who was it who said we would never see Zion in a Duke uniform again, and if we did, he would never post on DBR again?

Talk about darkness and pessimism.
    I was expecting 15 to 20 points from Zion in 25 minutes of play and due to a lack of Tyus Battle, a 10 to 15 point win. I was hoping that we would build a large lead in the first 10 minutes of the second half so that Zion could play reduced minutes but the opposite happened. He seemed winded during his post game interview and at one point towards the end of the game when he was on the block for foul shots but he played like he was in peak shape. Hopefully he comes out tomorrow with just as much energy. I am sure our training staff will do everything possible between now and then to assure that he's ready to go tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    I was expecting 15 to 20 points from Zion in 25 minutes of play and due to a lack of Tyus Battle, a 10 to 15 point win. I was hoping that we would build a large lead in the first 10 minutes of the second half so that Zion could play reduced minutes but the opposite happened. He seemed winded during his post game interview and at one point towards the end of the game when he was on the block for foul shots but he played like he was in peak shape. Hopefully he comes out tomorrow with just as much energy. I am sure our training staff will do everything possible between now and then to assure that he's ready to go tomorrow.
    He is in peak shape. Source: Zion Williamson.

Quote Originally Posted by duke4ever19 View Post
    He is in peak shape. Source: Zion Williamson.
    he's not far off but his breathing says his conditioning is not quite where it was before the injury.

Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    he's not far off but his breathing says his conditioning is not quite where it was before the injury.
    You write with conviction, I'll give you that.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Ozzie is the traditional starter of the Status Check...can't get gun shy after one miss! I think he needs to get back in the game.

Edit: I see Native already took care of it...Ozzie just know we'll be looking for you next February.
    Next February? What are you, nuts? It should be next October, if not before!

Quote Originally Posted by BLPOG View Post
    Next February? What are you, nuts? It should be next October, if not before!
    Wow...you are right. Between the heat of basketball season and the impenetrable cone of silence that permeates our football team in the off-season lately (I'll save that rant for a football thread sometime in April) I completely forgot about the need for additional Status Checks in the meantime. Thanks for the call out.

I think we play up on the perimeter and let Zion patrol the lane. Can’t let them get comfortable from three. And as always when playing the CHeats, getting back in transition and limiting offensive rebounds are key. On offense we need to get others involved in addition to Zion. Hoping for the Cam we saw in the first half up in Chapel Hell, but for the whole game.

Time to reinact that win against Kentucky against UNC