Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    Many have said that Zion will be exposed when he faces real competition. I fully believe this to be true.

The thing is that Zion has no real competition, not in high school, not in college. Perhaps in the NBA, but maybe not there either.

Zion is a unicorn with mad hops.
    The Unicorn league with Giannis, Lebron, Davis and Durant is pretty tough

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    Just gonna bump this back up for no particular reason...
    You deserve it, bro! Great call!!!!!

Many have said that Zion will be exposed when he faces real competition. I fully believe this to be true.

The thing is that Zion has no real competition, not in high school, not in college. Perhaps in the NBA, but maybe not there either.

I agree. I’ve never seen anything like him. Ever.

K said after the game that Jack White was too small to guard UNC's bigs, which is why he went to Vrankovic when JDL got into foul trouble.

But White had nine rebounds against the Heels last week. But he didn't do much against Syracuse and looked bad in his opening stint last night. He's not in a good place right now. He's struggling and his body language isn't helping. I think Duke is going to need him to get out of his funk.

FSU has some size, some quick, some not so quick. Vrank might get some burn against the not-so-quick size tonight.

Hamilton does a better job of using his bench than almost anyone. So, getting a few minutes here and there might be useful.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    K said after the game that Jack White was too small to guard UNC's bigs, which is why he went to Vrankovic when JDL got into foul trouble.

But White had nine rebounds against the Heels last week. But he didn't do much against Syracuse and looked bad in his opening stint last night. He's not in a good place right now. He's struggling and his body language isn't helping. I think Duke is going to need him to get out of his funk.

FSU has some size, some quick, some not so quick. Vrank might get some burn against the not-so-quick size tonight.

Hamilton does a better job of using his bench than almost anyone. So, getting a few minutes here and there might be useful.
    At the beginning of the season, Jack looked so strong grabbing rebounds and loose balls. Now he's letting them slip out of his hands. It almost looks like he's staying away from contact. His arms are really stretched out away from his body, where earlier he was not having to reach so far. Well, that's how it looks to me. One thing for sure he has regressed in more areas than just his 3 point shots. GoDuke!

Jack has lost so much confidence as the year has gone on. He was immense for us earlier in the year both defensively, on the glass and also a deadly shooter from 3.

All that seems to have evaporated since the Syracuse game.

I’m still holding out hope he can put it together for the final push and if anyone can bring it out of him it’s coach K. Just imagine how good we could be with a confident Jack hitting 3’s and a more consistent Cam Reddish.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehk View Post
    Jack has lost so much confidence as the year has gone on. He was immense for us earlier in the year both defensively, on the glass and also a deadly shooter from 3.

All that seems to have evaporated since the Syracuse game.

I’m still holding out hope he can put it together for the final push and if anyone can bring it out of him it’s coach K. Just imagine how good we could be with a confident Jack hitting 3’s and a more consistent Cam Reddish.
    Don't get me wrong, I would love for White to find his 3-point mojo. But even if that shot isn't falling, he can still rebound, defend, lead. I'd like him to concentrate on that and if the 3s come, fine. But he can still help Duke without the 3.

Don't get me wrong, I would love for White to find his 3-point mojo. But even if that shot isn't falling, he can still rebound, defend, lead. I'd like him to concentrate on that and if the 3s come, fine. But he can still help Duke without the 3.
    I agree with this....but I'm not sure he realizes it...

He has been exposed all right. Exposed to be a phenomenon that forces opponents and broadcasters to run out of ways to deal with him and describe him. Best part is that he does it all with a smile that is the definition of a kid in a candy store.

I don’t understand with all the struggles of White and AOC of late why Baker is not playing. I have to believe he can bring what Buddy Boeheim does. Sure his D is probably not there but not playing even a few minutes is a confidence reducer. It would be different if White and AOC were playing well.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    I agree with this...but I'm not sure he realizes it...
    I'm sure he realizes it. But translating belief into action is not automatic.

He's one of those guys who beats himself up after a mistake.

In some sense, I'm not sure he's recovered from his Wake gaffe. He was devastated after that. And Duke won.

Getting Reddish back on track might be priority no. 1 for Duke next week. But getting White back on track might be 1A.

I'm sure he realizes it. But translating belief into action is not automatic.

He's one of those guys who beats himself up after a mistake.
    That resonates, and in some sense, that's really what I meant by him "not realizing it" - I was kind of speaking euphemistically. You do have to internalize these things to bring them from potential to kinetic...and like you said, that ain't automatic.

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Well, Vrank was at the scorers table but swapped out for Jack, so it looks like we’ll be seeing some more of our lone senior again tonight. Best prediction ever, haha.

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Orrrrrr I anti-jinxed it.

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    Orrrrrr I anti-jinxed it.
    Jack White has three fouls and no points. Vrank may see some run against FSU's size.