Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Okay.

Serious(ish) question: can I root for UNC because I want SOOOOOO BADLY to watch Zion mop the floor with that DISGUSTING shade of blue tomorrow night, ending any sort of fairy tale idea Heel fans might have that their team can hang with our full roster this year?
    No.

Next question?
    Carolina delenda est

Great day to be a Duke fan! Good job to everyone who hung in there.

In the words of Mama Zion: "Make them pay."

Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post
    He is no longer with us. May his sacrifice live on in our minds.
    As the saying goes, "to err is human; to forgive, divine". He should be invited back to the forum and what he pledged should be forgotten. We all say things from time to time that we regret. Let's not hold him to his pledge.

Quote Originally Posted by simplyluvin View Post
    Now the question is, what shoe will Zion wear? If I were Duke, I'd have asked Nike to reinforce Z's shoe with titanium or something.
    I'm going to recommend Michelin tires for Zion tonight.

Too Much Hype!

I have to admit, all this hype is making me anxious. It's too much hype. It's as if the entire ESPN programming revolves around Zion's return. I know he's a great player, perhaps even transcendent, but we are not invincible. Not even close. We still have major shortcomings shooting the three. Don't get me wrong, we're a much better and complete team with Zion, but Marques' absence is not a minor ordeal. I just hope the team comes out focused and is not buying the hype. From here on out it's win or go home. Every minute of every game has to be played with focus and a sense of urgency.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by duke4ever19 View Post
    I'm going to recommend Michelin tires for Zion tonight.
    I hope the pit crew is ready at the first TV timeout.

Quote Originally Posted by Hancock 4 Duke View Post
    From Bleacher Report:
    “For the people that think I should just stop playing in college...thanks, but no thanks.”
    My KING
    Here's the video message from Zion:

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I have to admit, all this hype is making me anxious. It's too much hype. It's as if the entire ESPN programming revolves around Zion's return. I know he's a great player, perhaps even transcendent, but we are not invincible. Not even close. We still have major shortcomings shooting the three. Don't get me wrong, we're a much better and complete team with Zion, but Marques' absence is not a minor ordeal. I just hope the team comes out focused and is not buying the hype. From here on out it's win or go home. Every minute of every game has to be played with focus and a sense of urgency.
    you can avoid espn by watching Raycom.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    While true, I am buying into the hype. Not that Duke is invincible with Zion (although it's pretty close). But that ZION is coming back to play basketball. This isn't about Duke (as much as we want it to be). This is about Zion first, second, and third. Folks watch our games this year because of Zion and not because of Coach K, Cam, RJ, or Tre.

The hype isn't making me anxious. Nike's poorly made shoes are making me anxious.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    While true, I am buying into the hype. Not that Duke is invincible with Zion (although it's pretty close). But that ZION is coming back to play basketball. This isn't about Duke (as much as we want it to be). This is about Zion first, second, and third. Folks watch our games this year because of Zion and not because of Coach K, Cam, RJ, or Tre.

The hype isn't making me anxious. Nike's poorly made shoes are making me anxious.
    25 minutes against louisville says different.

We're a really really really really good team...but nowhere close to invincible. The lack of good three point shooting makes us inflexible. The lack of much scoring production outside 3 guys is challenging. The fact that one of those three guys is terribly inconsistent is very worrying in an elimination tournament.

Duke isn't even close to invincible. We have weaknesses...it's just that they're overshadowed by how incredible our strengths are. How bad we are without zion shows how un-invincible we really are. All it takes is a bit of foul trouble and the whole thing could come crashing down.
    1200. DDMF.

Pretty awesome that Zion admits he never really thought about sitting out and that he wants to play for his teammates. Remember, he said he would've gone to college even if he didn't have to. He's the type of guy who would gladly play 2-3 years in college if those were the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by WHOneedsSOX View Post
    Pretty awesome that Zion admits he never really thought about sitting out and that he wants to play for his teammates. Remember, he said he would've gone to college even if he didn't have to. He's the type of guy who would gladly play 2-3 years in college if those were the rules.
    He's been consistent about that all the way back to the FSU game...if he's healthy he's playing...which made the sentiment that he would shut it down all the more silly.
    1200. DDMF.

As soon as I heard he was playing I bought tickets and am currently heading towards Charlotte. I will cheer extremely hard against Carowina and even harder for Duke. Looking forward to watching the freak of nature play in person for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    He's been consistent about that all the way back to the FSU game...if he's healthy he's playing...which made the sentiment that he would shut it down all the more silly.
    Yeah, I never believed he wouldn't play if he was healthy. He loves playing and his teammates too much to do that. Silly that people were saying he should sit out. He could've/would've done that exact same move in practice.

Quote Originally Posted by WHOneedsSOX View Post
    There's nothing in the rules to keep him from gladly playing college ball for 2-3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    There's nothing in the rules to keep him from gladly playing college ball for 2-3 years.
    I meant mandatory like the rule is now for 1 year in college. Just meant he doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would complain about having to stay longer if he had to.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    we can dream. In any case, I hope that he'll be a fantastic ambassador for duke or years to come.
    1200. DDMF.

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
    Quote Originally Posted by rolm View Post
    As the saying goes, "to err is human; to forgive, divine". He should be invited back to the forum and what he pledged should be forgotten. We all say things from time to time that we regret. Let's not hold him to his pledge.
    He should be forgiven, but this should not be forgotten. It should become part of DBR lore like "It's over", cinderblocks, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Reddevil View Post
    He should be forgiven, but this should not be forgotten. It should become part of DBR lore like "It's over", cinderblocks, etc.
    custom flair?
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by Reddevil View Post
    Maybe make him have it in his signature for perpetuity.