Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Can we please close this thread? The idea that a devil of any hue would consort with Roy is offensive.

"The greatest trick the Devil ever played was making people believe that cheating in Chapel Hill never existed."

-- Kaiser Soze

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    "The greatest trick the Devil ever played was making people believe that cheating in Chapel Hill never existed."

-- Kaiser Soze
    And now named by USA Today as national coach of the year. How absurd.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    And now named by USA Today as national coach of the year. How absurd.
    Coach takes preseason #8, has no major injuries to key players and finishes #3 = NCOY

Coach takes preseason #4, has 10 games in conference with major injuries and finishes #1 = meh

Quote Originally Posted by CoachJ10 View Post
    I thought this was about the maddening tournament success the Tar Heels have had since the Uncheat scandal erupted. But yes...this too...
    Exactly what I thought when I saw the topic. It's amazing how so many people act like the cheating scandal never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Coach takes preseason #8, has no major injuries to key players and finishes #3 = NCOY

Coach takes preseason #4, has 10 games in conference with major injuries and finishes #1 = meh
    Not to mention minimal upperclassman on-court contributions or leadership. So, building from scratch in one season.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Not to mention minimal upperclassman on-court contributions or leadership. So, building from scratch in one season.
    One can argue this is why Coach K shouldn't get consideration this year...
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Didn't Bobby Hurley break his foot against the cheats?

Given the latest news out of Kentucky, it appears Roy has re-upped his contract with Lucifer.

Yes. He absolutely has a deal with the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Given the latest news out of Kentucky, it appears Roy has re-upped his contract with Lucifer.
    I thought Satan required a soul as payment?

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    How else to explain his incredible injury luck in our recent matchups:

3/9/19 Duke 70 UNC 79 - Zion out, Bolden injures knee in opening minutes
    2/20/19 Duke 72 UNC 88 - Zion hurts knee when shoe explodes in opening minute
    3/9/18 Duke 69 UNC 74 - Tre Duval hurts ankle in first half. Plays through it, basically on one foot
    3/3/18 Duke 74 UNC 64 - Everybody healthy, hooray!
    2/8/18 Duke 78 UNC 82 - Bagley hurts knee, continues to play but misses the next four games so probably was affected by it
    3/10/17 Duke 93 UNC 83 - Everybody healthy, hooray!
    3/4/17 Duke 83 UNC 90 - Everybody healthy, no excuses
    2/9/17 Duke 86 UNC 78 - Everybody healthy, hooray!
    3/5/16 Duke 72 UNC 76 - Amile Jefferson lost for season with knee injury
    2/17/16 Duke 74 UNC 73 - No Amile, Matt Jones injured in first half, Duke plays iron man and still wins

So basically we are 3-1 against them over the past three seasons when our team is healthy. This doesn't even include Harry Giles being a shell of himself, Grayson having various knee, leg and wrist issues for his junior and senior years, or them never having to face Kyrie. They lost Kendall Marshall in 2012, and that sucked for them. But that's one major injury in a decade. We seem to have one every year.
    He has good lawyers

"...Pleased to meet you
    Hope you guess my name, oh yeah
    What's puzzling you is the nature of my game, oh yeah..."
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    "...Pleased to meet you
    Hope you guess my name, oh yeah
    What's puzzling you is the nature of my game, oh yeah..."
    Your name? Roy. The nature of your game? Cheating.

I have no sympathy for you.

Do you think Satan has any use for left over time outs?

May be Roy doesn't get hambur...

Nevermind...can't be.

No. The University of North Carolina basketball program has a deal with Satan.

Let's not forget:

1. Georgetown v. UNC. On the last possession for the win, Fred Brown's pass directly to James Worthy in '82 results in the national championship.
    2. Michigan title game. With a chance to win the game, Chris Webber calls TO when Michigan has none in '93. Another natty to Carolina.
    3. Kennedy Meeks' hand was clearly out of bounds against the Zags with less 30 seconds left and Gonzaga down by 1, but instead a held ball is called. Possession, Chapel Hill. The game was marred with eagle eye zebra calls everywhere, but this one was clearly wrong. Carolina is fouled, hits FTs and wins another natty.
    4. Satan really tried to give Carolina another one when he guided Marcus Paige's impossible shot to tie Nova in '16. But this time God got his face out of a tortilla in Guadalajara just in time to right the wrong and allow the Kris Jenkins' shot to go in at the buzzer.

9F
    I will never talk about That Game. GTHC.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    I thought Satan required a soul as payment?
    To answer the question posed by the thread title: Yes.

Sometimes when dealing with the soulless Satan will accept other items as payment for services. I'm told that Roy has struck a Hellish bargain where he may redeem his leftover timeouts for extra years of college time by players who otherwise would have gone to the NBA. The going rate is something like 25 timeouts per extra year college. For most coaches the rate would be more like 100 timeouts per college year, but Roy gets the volume discount.

Heaven (or Hell) only knows what use Satan has for the timeouts, but I'm sure it's nothing good.

Quote Originally Posted by kako View Post
    ... But this time God got his face out of a tortilla in Guadalajara just in time to right the wrong...

9F
    This made me laugh so hard I snorted... which made tomato soup go up my nose. Thanks... I needed that laugh today!

Quote Originally Posted by kako View Post
    No. The University of North Carolina basketball program has a deal with Satan.

Let's not forget:

1. Georgetown v. UNC. On the last possession for the win, Fred Brown's pass directly to James Worthy in '82 results in the national championship.
    2. Michigan title game. With a chance to win the game, Chris Webber calls TO when Michigan has none in '93. Another natty to Carolina.
    3. Kennedy Meeks' hand was clearly out of bounds against the Zags with less 30 seconds left and Gonzaga down by 1, but instead a held ball is called. Possession, Chapel Hill. The game was marred with eagle eye zebra calls everywhere, but this one was clearly wrong. Carolina is fouled, hits FTs and wins another natty.
    4. Satan really tried to give Carolina another one when he guided Marcus Paige's impossible shot to tie Nova in '16. But this time God got his face out of a tortilla in Guadalajara just in time to right the wrong and allow the Kris Jenkins' shot to go in at the buzzer.

9F
    Let’s not forget that UNCheat should have lost in the second round against Arkansas in 17, but for an absolute gift call after Berry walked and then charged, but somehow got to shoot free throws.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke79UNLV77 View Post
    Let’s not forget that UNCheat should have lost in the second round against Arkansas in 17, but for an absolute gift call after Berry walked and then charged, but somehow got to shoot free throws.
    Ugh. I forgot about that. Infuriating.