Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Pitt walloping BC at the half. Wouldn’t mind seeing them get past BC and Cuse to face us on a third day of games.

Congrats to head coach Jeff Capel on his first ACC Tournament win.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Here’s the Wednesday lineup:

[32]NC State (+1) vs. [28]Clemson (12:00, ESPN)
    [11]Virginia Tech (-10) vs. [66]Miami (2:30ish, ESPN)
    [19]Louisville (-8) vs. [86]Notre Dame (7:00, ESPN2)
    [39]Syracuse (-5) vs. [94]Pittsburgh (9:30ish, ESPN2)
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    Here’s the Wednesday lineup:
    Raycom TV stations and free, unrestricted feeds added:
    [32]NC State (+1) vs. [28]Clemson (12:00, ESPN) http://theacc.com/sports/2019/2/20/M...3-2019-G1.aspx http://www.theacc.com/watch/?id=161563
    [11]Virginia Tech (-10) vs. [66]Miami (2:30ish, ESPN) http://theacc.com/sports/2019/2/20/M...3-2019-G2.aspx http://www.theacc.com/watch/?id=161564
    [19]Louisville (-8) vs. [86]Notre Dame (7:00, ESPN2) http://theacc.com/sports/2019/2/20/M...3-2019-G3.aspx http://www.theacc.com/watch/?id=161566
    [39]Syracuse (-5) vs. [94]Pittsburgh (9:30ish, ESPN2) http://theacc.com/sports/2019/2/20/M...3-2019-G4.aspx http://www.theacc.com/watch/?id=161569

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Ha! True, but, during my Duke years, I had friends get speeding tix on I85 north and south near South Hill, VA, for 58 in a 55 zone.

I've also seen plenty of folks in recent travels (Raleigh, Chicago, hell, almost anywhere) who travel 20-30 MPH > posted speed limit .
    The leash is tighter in Virginia. I drive +5 mph in VA and +8 elsewhere on the interstate.

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but there's been a lot of talk on social media about this being the last year of Raycom (and Jefferson Pilot) televising the ACCT. That's some real nostalgia, remembering the feeling of pure glee when the grade school teacher would wheel the tube TV strapped to the cart into the classroom in the middle of the day to watch the early tournament games. Ah, times were simpler back then. /wistful sigh
    Thanks for the nostalgia. This was my introduction to ACC basketball in middle school after moving from SEC country. It really gave you the feeling that you are watching the most important sporting event in the world. I still love the ACC tournament but I miss the 8-9 team conference and the Les Robinson invitational play-in game which came later in college.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Ha! True, but, during my Duke years, I had friends get speeding tix on I85 north and south near South Hill, VA, for 58 in a 55 zone.

I've also seen plenty of folks in recent travels (Raleigh, Chicago, hell, almost anywhere) who travel 20-30 MPH > posted speed limit .
    Never speed in Virginia. Not even a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Never speed in Virginia.[/URL] Not even a little bit.
    Also, pay your bridge/tunnel tolls as soon as you receive them in the mail. Sheesh.

If this were an individual sport like tennis, it would strike me that UVA and UNC both have strategic tank possibilities.

For UVA, it feels like they have one win against Duke in them this season. Why kill yourself to win a knock-down, drag-out fight against Duke here in the ACCT when you can save it for the NCAAT? Do they really want to enter the tournament as the overall #1 seed? Maybe give that up to Duke, let the media feed on Zion-mania and crown Duke early as the champs, and slip quietly under the radar instead.

That has to be balanced against the desire to be in the DC regional, though.

For UNC, the difference between being 2-1 against Duke (and 0-1 against healthy Duke) vs being 2-0 against Duke is much greater than the difference between being 3-0 against Duke vs being 2-0 against Duke. There's more downside than upside, in other words.

That has to be balanced against the desire to be a 1-seed, though.

Just a thought. Not sure I believe either team will tank, and I certainly don't think either team would discuss tanking on a team level. If this were an individual sport like tennis, though, yes you might tank a smaller tournament if the big Grand Slam tournament is coming up.

the article doesn't corroborate your claim. it says don't go over 80, which is absolutely true. I, like no doubt many here, travel through VA all the time. I cruise up 85/95 at ~77 in a 70 all the time and have never had an issue. I don't fault anyone for sticking to 70, but so long as you're below 80, you're golden.
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post

-jk
    Thanks JK for the memory.

I am one of the "Get off my ##&&**** Lawn.. in regards to what the ACC has become.. I will always remember fondly the old 8 team ACC. 3 day tourney and for love of all that is holy it would never be held in New York..

I find myself more and more enjoying the mid major tournaments. The excitement for a team like Gardner Webb, who has never been to the Dance.. Most of the kids are not going pro anywhere. Probably just me being a grumpy old man but it just feels like there is more of a simple love of the game..

Ha...I can think of one exception: some years ago I was driving thru on my way to Topsail Island, we were staying up near Winchester in the NW corner of the state...giant snow storm was approaching, the entire state was shut down (schools canceled, businesses closed) and we thought we could beat the snow as we traversed the state down to Freddysburg...left early in the morning, not a car nor cop to be seen on the interstates, probably averaged 90+....I wouldn't try it again thought.
    I suspect all the cops were on bread and milk runs.

Final scores from yesterday. Remarkable precision!

79-71
    78-71
    80-70

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Ha...I can think of one exception: some years ago I was driving thru on my way to Topsail Island, we were staying up near Winchester in the NW corner of the state...giant snow storm was approaching, the entire state was shut down (schools canceled, businesses closed) and we thought we could beat the snow as we traversed the state down to Freddysburg...left early in the morning, not a car nor cop to be seen on the interstates, probably averaged 90+...I wouldn't try it again thought.
    Never, ever speed in one of those small South Carolina towns. They can't wait to catch an out of state vehicle coming through. I once was given a ticket for 38 in a 35 zone. My wife was really upset. She said. " all those times you were going 85 in a 70 zone and you never got pulled". Well that was on I-95 on the way to Florida. I guess it evens out. GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post

-jk
    True story - when my dog would hear this song, he would run upstairs and hide under the bed. I guess I get a little loud during games.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Ha...I can think of one exception: some years ago I was driving thru on my way to Topsail Island, we were staying up near Winchester in the NW corner of the state...giant snow storm was approaching, the entire state was shut down (schools canceled, businesses closed) and we thought we could beat the snow as we traversed the state down to Freddysburg...left early in the morning, not a car nor cop to be seen on the interstates, probably averaged 90+...I wouldn't try it again thought.
    Speaking of "the beach." Delaware?? Keep to the limit, especially near the Atlantic coastline; lots of cops looking for lots of beachgoers from Philly, Baltimore and Washington.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Clemson jumping all over N.C. State early with a double digit lead (26-13) with 10 minutes gone in the game.
    Bob Green

There must be a way for the ACC to get better officials.

Halftime: Clemson 42, N.C. State 26

Clemson is 8-13 (66.7%) on 3 PT FG.
    Bob Green

State presently playing themselves out of the NCAA tournament.