Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Chris Mack must be beside himself about the Cheater refs and wondering what the hell he got himself into by jumping to the ACC.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    i mean, ACCN is effectively ESPN by any other name. Maybe they'll pull in some of the announcers and producers and what-not...but I can't imagine they're buying out the people that actually own/run raycom...the ones who would make a call on something like running ads side by side during a game...could be wrong.
    Ok, that's a fair point. I've seen it speculated that some of the talent/support staff will be brought over (because of their knowledge of the leave, and ESPN is going to need SOME new people to cover the additional games/provide additional content) but whether that pans out or not I'm sure the ownership won't be involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Ok, that's a fair point. I've seen it speculated that some of the talent/support staff will be brought over (because of their knowledge of the leave, and ESPN is going to need SOME new people to cover the additional games/provide additional content) but whether that pans out or not I'm sure the ownership won't be involved.
    either way, if it means less bilas, I'm all for it at this point.
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Yeah. Johnson shuffled his feet up under Nwora even after he was in the air. Just ludicrous.
    even if it were a charge and it definitely wasn't, I think the shot should've counted because he released the ball before contact was made.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    either way, if it means less bilas, I'm all for it at this point.
    Can't spork you, but couldn't agree more. I used to defend him but he's just the worst now. I'd rather listen to Billy Packer.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    even if it were a charge and it definitely wasn't, I think the shot should've counted because he released the ball before contact was made.
    And despite being a horrible call there was radio silence from Bilas. But he's distraught about an elbow in Cam Johnson's ribs.

L’ville is still broken...

-jk

Roy and TV Teddy whispering sweet-nothings.

Quote Originally Posted by duke4ever19 View Post
    Roy and TV Teddy whispering sweet-nothings.
    Yeah that was a horrendous call in UL’s favor. Loved it.

Yeah. Johnson shuffled his feet up under Nwora even after he was in the air. Just ludicrous.
    Another dean's myth invention.

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Love how they showed Maye highlights just now and the last one was a full on shove in the back of UL player that allowed him to grab rebound for an easy put back. His signature move.

Love how they showed Maye highlights just now and the last one was a full on shove in the back of UL player that allowed him to grab rebound for an easy put back. His signature move.
    Cool hands Luke

so rough we should Nick name him..MM-Maye

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    . I'd rather listen to Billy Packer.
    Well, now, I wouldn't go THAT far. I can't stand ESPN. Between Bilas promoting his 94 feet thing DURING THE GAME, Vitale promoting his book DURING THE GAME, the game screen being shrunk so they can keep the camera on Zion sitting on the bench, plus the god-awful camera angles, I wouldn't care if Duke were never on ESPN again.

he's wearing the Zion beta...

Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    They changed that rule last year or a couple of years ago. Even if the shot leaves the hand before the contract, it's no basket if you get called for the charge.
    I think it's a ridiculous rule change, but that's what they chose to do.

Lineup for the semis:

[1]Virginia (-9) vs. [15]Florida State (7:00, ESPN)
    [5]North Carolina (+2) vs. [3]Duke (9:30ish, ESPN)

3 of the top 5 and 4 of the top 15 in the country playing in the ACCT semis - feels about right.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    Lineup for the semis:

[1]Virginia (-9) vs. [15]Florida State (7:00, ESPN)
    [5]North Carolina (+2) vs. [3]Duke (9:30ish, ESPN)

3 of the top 5 and 4 of the top 15 in the country playing in the ACCT semis - feels about right.
    Also, if you're a traditionalist, it's a set of teams that have never been in the Big East. (FSU came from the Metro Conference in 1991.)

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Also, if you're a traditionalist, it's a set of teams that have never been in the Big East. (FSU came from the Metro Conference in 1991.)
    I am, and this is a great semi-final lineup. I know some of the older folk don't even fully accept FSU, but they joined the conference in my early years so while they aren't "original" they are at least established, and not part of the Big East influx. The most important thing besides Duke advancing is that Syracuse lose as early as possible...I don't have any interest in seeing them succeeding in the tournament until Boeheim and his anti-NC trash talking are retired and forgotten. Fortunately we were able to kill two birds with one stone last night (Duke win, Syracuse loss).

Also posted in the Duke-UNC pregame thread, but I assume the winner of tonight's game gets the #1 seed and the loser moves to the #2 line? Seems pretty cut and dried to me, but maybe there are games outside of the ACC that could affect seeding as well. I don't see us getting a #1 seed by losing to UNC three times.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016