Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    There is a 20 minute break between games and a 15 minute halftime, plus four timeouts per half of let’s say 5 minutes each (in reality they are probably longer). That means they would have to play 40 minutes of game time in 45 minutes to actually start the next game in two hours. No called timeouts, no free throws, no inbounding the ball, etc. Totally agree that this is beyond stupid.

It’s at the point where I just automatically add 30 minutes in my head without even thinking about it. Kind of like when I see that the speed limit is 55 and the number that actually enters my brain is 64.
    When the tournament was behind for the under 10 girls team I coach, they shortened warmup to 4 minutes and basically eliminated halftime. Maybe they could do this for the ACCT so they could keep on schedule? 😀

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    There is a 20 minute break between games and a 15 minute halftime, plus four timeouts per half of let’s say 5 minutes each (in reality they are probably longer). That means they would have to play 40 minutes of game time in 45 minutes to actually start the next game in two hours. No called timeouts, no free throws, no inbounding the ball, etc. Totally agree that this is beyond stupid.

It’s at the point where I just automatically add 30 minutes in my head without even thinking about it. Kind of like when I see that the speed limit is 55 and the number that actually enters my brain is 64.
    Only 64?
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Only 64?
    9 you're fine. 10 you're mine

-cops everywhere...especially virginia...not so much in south carolina
    1200. DDMF.

The schedule today illustrates that this is really an 8-9 team conference this year. Teams 10-15 are really bad. Miami is winning by 3 despite Chris Lykes (aka, their entire offense) with 3 fouls and Izundu (aka their only interior presence) with 2.

Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but there's been a lot of talk on social media about this being the last year of Raycom (and Jefferson Pilot) televising the ACCT. That's some real nostalgia, remembering the feeling of pure glee when the grade school teacher would wheel the tube TV strapped to the cart into the classroom in the middle of the day to watch the early tournament games. Ah, times were simpler back then. /wistful sigh

Well that was an interesting 1st half. The most excitement was the testy exchange at the end of the half between Dan Dakich and his broadcasting partner. Dakich decided to take a pot shot at the Miami coach saying, he gets paid to overcome the manpower shortage and after some back and forth with his partner he stated that he had to do it at Bowling Green. To which his partner responded, and that's why your here in the booth with me.

I feel like I'm going crazy. All of these charges seem like blocks to me.

Quote Originally Posted by robed deity View Post
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    9 you're fine. 10 you're mine

-cops everywhere...especially virginia...not so much in south carolina
    Ha! True, but, during my Duke years, I had friends get speeding tix on I85 north and south near South Hill, VA, for 58 in a 55 zone.

I've also seen plenty of folks in recent travels (Raleigh, Chicago, hell, almost anywhere) who travel 20-30 MPH > posted speed limit .

Quote Originally Posted by robed deity View Post
    Wait, I thought RJ/Duke not playing until Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Ha! True, but, during my Duke years, I had friends get speeding tix on I85 north and south near South Hill, VA, for 58 in a 55 zone.

I've also seen plenty of folks in recent travels (Raleigh, Chicago, hell, almost anywhere) who travel 20-30 MPH > posted speed limit .
    Within 20 miles the i95 i26 interchange in south Carolina. They will pull u and ticket you heavily. Even told me happy birthday smh.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Who gets fired by Wake first? Manning or the Volleyball coach?
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Packaged deal? Do you get a discount on a 2-for-1?

My gut tells me Manning because the law is going to have to play out for the volleyball coach?
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post

My gut tells me Manning because the law is going to have to play out for the volleyball coach?
    I dunno. They could chuck him because he sucks at coaching, too.

Through two seasons at the helm of the program, Ferguson owns a 22-41 record (.350) with a 10-30 mark in conference play.
    https://godeacs.com/coaches.aspx?rc=481&path=wvball
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but there's been a lot of talk on social media about this being the last year of Raycom (and Jefferson Pilot) televising the ACCT. That's some real nostalgia, remembering the feeling of pure glee when the grade school teacher would wheel the tube TV strapped to the cart into the classroom in the middle of the day to watch the early tournament games. Ah, times were simpler back then. /wistful sigh

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post

-jk
    JP and Food Lion commercials for three days straight. Good times!

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    I'm fairly new to the Raycom phenomenon, but will soak in hearing Brando and G Man in particular this week. Watching as much as possible; caught Wake-Miami and am monitoring Ga Tech-domers. Will NOT watch espn. Surprised to see G Man will not be doing games for CBS in NCAA. Boo!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post

They should fire the volleyball coach and, for what they're paying him, make Manning coach both the volleyball team and the basketball team. He couldn't do much worse.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

With the possible exception of ND/GT, today’s basketball is a great argument for a top eight ACC tournament only.
    Yes, I know, never happen.
    This has been some of the most painful basketball I’ve watched this season.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    With the possible exception of ND/GT, today’s basketball is a great argument for a top eight ACC tournament only.
    Yes, I know, never happen.
    This has been some of the most painful basketball I’ve watched this season.
    ehhhh... the 9 seed won't be that bad every year, though. i recall one team that won their conference tournament from the first day and then went on to win the title... and there are years when the 9 team in the conference is still a really good team.

i would put my limit at 12... then you get the bye as a reward.

is be even more of a fan of promotion and relegation, but that's tougher with the turnover in college sports