Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Very difficult situation. Bolden has the most experience in the post season. This has been a fun team and has exceeded my expectations- but what was already hard is now even harder.
    Marques has played 77 post-season minutes for Duke. Javin has played 62. A quantitative but not really a qualitative difference. Still, in the ACC tourney and in the NCAA tourney after the first couple games, if Marques can't play he'll certainly be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    Vrank can give useful minutes if necessary against 15/16 seeds and 7-10 seeds.
    Oof. Please let’s not go there.

As I have said on the board many times, I have a lot of close family members that are UNC grads. When watching the game with a 50/50 duke/UNC crowd tonight , all the UNC fans were 100% sympathetic to Bolden's injury and wished him the best. Heard a lot of "that kid has done everything right and just can't catch a break."

I guess they're not all bad....when they're not cheating. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Good point. Yeah, what was I thinking. We really need to ensure the gods are satisfied this time. No messing around.
    No problem.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Marques has played 77 post-season minutes for Duke. Javin has played 62. A quantitative but not really a qualitative difference. Still, in the ACC tourney and in the NCAA tourney after the first couple games, if Marques can't play he'll certainly be missed.
    I thought Javin missed the ACC tourney his freshman year- anyway- the point is that this is a very inexperienced team going into the post season. I am not sure there has been a less experienced Duke team in a very long while.

Assuming no surprises and we do see Zion back next week, it seems we will probably get some version of the death lineup even more than anticipated before Boldens injury.

Let’s hope Bolden is able to be back by the sweet 16 and that we are still playing!

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    Assuming no surprises and we do see Zion back next week, it seems we will probably get some version of the death lineup even more than anticipated before Boldens injury.

Let’s hope Bolden is able to be back by the sweet 16 and that we are still playing!
    Well, you cheered me up a little. I do really like a death lineup with Jack hitting his corner threes. That's nasty to think about.

Big loss for us because Bolden has been excellent in the paint this year, altering and blocking shots.

Hopefully he will be back in time for the second week of the tournament, assuming we get there!

We really can't catch a break this year..just so frustrating to see the best team in decades start to unravel due to injuries. I still have hope that we will eventually have our full deck out there. Then watch out!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Sacrifice a ram...
    I like how you think. It's both biblical and very, very representative of how I feel about rams at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post
    ... I have a lot of close family members that are UNC grads. ...
    I guess they're not all bad...when they're not cheating. 😂
    They're not so bad deep down, at least 6 feet down.

That's about the only time they're not cheating ...

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post

Death lineup works best if you have shooters. We haven’t seen evidence of that from this team.

But with Zion back, the offense should certainly improve to some extent. Don’t think it can get worse.

What’s Marquis academic situation? Could he get a fifth year as a grade?

Quote Originally Posted by BigZ View Post
    That's not how it works...
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

Quote Originally Posted by BigZ View Post
    Why would he do that? If he doesn't go pro, I'm sure he will play his 4th year next season. Why would he redshirt as a senior?

Quote Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
    Why would he do that? If he doesn't go pro, I'm sure he will play his 4th year next season. Why would he redshirt as a senior?
    so he can burn it 25 games into the season and we can argue about whether it was worth it, of course
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    so he can burn it 25 games into the season and we can argue about whether it was worth it, of course
    So K definitely said maybe NCAA and also mentioned sweet sixteen? Is that right that he said the sweet sixteen as a possible?
    Last edited by gofurman; 03-10-2019 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post
    So K definitely said maybe NCAA and also mentioned sweet sixteen? Is that right that he said the sweet sixteen as a possible?
    So, K confirms this team makes the second weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    So, K confirms this team makes the second weekend?
    Cmon man. UNC is top 5 right now. That was a 1/2 seed on senior night. And without Zion we almost did it. Shot 25% from three and RJ in foul trouble and still not too far off. Put Zion in... . Zion. RJ. Reddish - that's a second weekend team easy. Too athletic for most first weekend teams.

W Bolden we are final four potential. Without him maybe final four. Reddish aggression encourages me - K said the same (that Reddish we just saw w RJ and a Zion...

And Zion opens a lot more up for others

Quote Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
    Oh I’m talking about the season after next. If you can do a fifth year transfer can’t you do a fifth year at current school?

Wooooof... Lot of negativity in this thread. Yes, losing Bolden isn't ideal. He's played solid defense all year and is an above average rebounder which will be missed. But Zion will be back and can help with those issues. But does losing Bolden really make this team so much worse that they go out the first weekend ( anything can happen...)? Not in my opinion. A combination of Zion & Jack or Zion & Javin can make up for that loss and maybe Vrank can get some spot minutes. Heck, maybe even more Joey Baker!

Now let's sit back and see what K dreams up for these boys down the stretch and prayers up for Bolden to get back sooner than later.