Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!

Bolden knee vigil

If anyone hears anything please let us know. All the best big man!

Quote Originally Posted by Reddevil View Post
    If anyone hears anything please let us know. All the best big man!
    MCL sprain. I cannot imagine he will be available until the Sweet Sixteen should Duke get there. Just another bad break for Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    MCL sprain. I cannot imagine he will be available until the Sweet Sixteen should Duke get there. Just another bad break for Duke.
    Is this confirmed anywhere?

EDIT: the timeline, not injury

Quote Originally Posted by ndkjr70 View Post
    Is this confirmed anywhere?

EDIT: the timeline, not injury
    K said it- so I assume that is confirmed

I missed the game. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??

Some Duke fan, player, or coach is displeasing the basketball gods and we need to find out who it is and what we need to do to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by duke4ever19 View Post

Some Duke fan, player, or coach is displeasing the basketball gods and we need to find out who it is and what we need to do to fix it.
    At least he was able to play 2 minutes and 33 seconds.

K said on the radio the NCAA Tournament was a maybe.

Day to day

This sucks.

This is heart breaking news. I feel sick.

As a fan this is really sickening. Though Duke has a few very talented individual players, the odds are heavily stacked against a young team that has had constant interruption advancing very far in the post season. It’s hard for any team going through this. Dropping out by the first weekend is leaning more towards expected than surprising. I guess the basketball gods feel we’ve seen about enough of post season success over the years.

As for Bolden I’m very thankful it’s just an MCL. I sincerely hope he sees a lot of success next year, whether that be in a Duke uni or in some professional capacity. The kid deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    This is heart breaking news. I feel sick.
    The poor kid can't catch a break. Get well quickly young man. GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by jipops View Post
    As a fan this is really sickening. Though Duke has a few very talented individual players, the odds are heavily stacked against a young team that has had constant interruption advancing very far in the post season. It’s hard for any team going through this. Dropping out by the first weekend is leaning more towards expected than surprising. I guess the basketball gods feel we’ve seen about enough of post season success over the years.

As for Bolden I’m very thankful it’s just an MCL. I sincerely hope he sees a lot of success next year, whether that be in a Duke uni or in some professional capacity. The kid deserves it.
    Very difficult situation. Bolden has the most experience in the post season. This has been a fun team and has exceeded my expectations- but what was already hard is now even harder.

Quote Originally Posted by duke4ever19 View Post

Sacrifice a ram...
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Very difficult situation. Bolden has the most experience in the post season. This has been a fun team and has exceeded my expectations- but what was already hard is now even harder.
    Yeh, just when it looks like we're getting college basketball's best player back, down goes our starting center. This hurts because Javin can't play 40 minutes. But this team has not exceeded my expectations. Well not after I saw Zion play a couple of games. I still think if he's 100%, we're one of the favored teams to win #6. GoDuke!

It's plausible with Zion back we patch things together through the Sweet 16 without Bolden. Jack and Javin have both had quality outings as of late. AOC is effective with the right matchups too.

The loss of Bolden can't be worse than the loss of Boozer in 2001, but we really need Zion in the most dire way now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Sacrifice a ram...
    Why only one?
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Why only one?
    How about that whole town over there in chapel hell. GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Why only one?
    Good point. Yeah, what was I thinking. We really need to ensure the gods are satisfied this time. No messing around.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Yeh, just when it looks like we're getting college basketball's best player back, down goes our starting center. This hurts because Javin can't play 40 minutes. But this team has not exceeded my expectations. Well not after I saw Zion play a couple of games. I still think if he's 100%, we're one of the favored teams to win #6. GoDuke!
    Vrank can give useful minutes if necessary against 15/16 seeds and 7-10 seeds.
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams