Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    not nearly as impactful as Teddy you troll...
    He was poking fun at Bilas saying that during the game.

Quote Originally Posted by gocanes0506 View Post
    UNC didn’t play a complete game. This game was winnable without Z. We played less complete. Cant wait to run them out of the building with Z on the floor
    Williamson is the X factor. He will relieve the pressure to score. Disagree,Duke will not run any team out of the building. No killer instincts. We started the season like Lions and would say as the season has rolled on exposed a lot of flaws. They should practice practice watch film and practice. Reddish was very good today. He needs to do this every game for the rest of the season.

Hope Marques returns next week.Wish O'Connell could give us more. I think since Joey Baker is available use him.
    Last edited by heyman25; 03-09-2019 at 08:24 PM.

The was our last loss of the year. Mark it down. I'll pie bet for it.
    Duke '03
    Tent 1 '99/'00

6 nights from now, if we have Zion back and beat the CHeats then we're officially back in business. Until then, I'm starting to forget how fun this season used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    not nearly as impactful as Teddy you troll...
    It appears that sarcasm is wasted on some on this board.

I really wish they would re-evaluate the way they are enforcing the charge rule. I know the forearm thing is a point of emphasis now but they've taken it way too far.

Quote Originally Posted by BigZ View Post
    What’s worse refs or ESPN ?

Is this a trivia question? HHhmmmm
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

The effort was there, especially after another freaking injury at the beginning of the game. We reacted better to injury this time and may have actually outrebounded them. And we were lights out on defense down the stretch.

But to pull off a small upset, we would've needed to shoot better than 25% from three. Or failing that, they had to shoot awful as well, which they didn't, hitting 39%. That stretch when UNC was red-hot from three in the middle of the 2nd half was the difference.

Bilas was truly terrible tonight. That segment where ESPN split screened and then full screened the Best of 94 Feet DURING THE GAME was frankly unfathomable.

We played OK. UNC shot very well but other than that sort of just did irritating UNC things. Bolden will be a huge loss. Can't imagine that wasn't a tear.

We have no bench and we really can't shoot. I don't know what happened with our inability to develop any semblance of a bench.

This season feels like it's slipping away. I need to see Zion dressed for me to get excited again.

- Chillin

When Bolden went out, that put us at a further disadvantage. Even with getting beaten, there were some good moments, just not enough.

The good:

1. Tre played very good defensively and chipped in with some scoring

2. Cam kept us in the game with good defense and he was scoring efficiently in the first half. The end of the game, both RJ and Cam seemed to be in the helter skelter mode on offense so their contributions tailed off. Cam is still loose with the ball, but tonight some of his NBA appeal showed.

3. RJ got his points but was handicapped due to his charging fouls.

4. With Bolden gone, Javin worked very hard defensively and did help out offensively

5. Jack White also battled.

Not what we needed:

Nothing from Alex with I think 4 misses on open shots.

Overall:

With Zion and Bolden present, I think we would have won this game. Hope Marques injury is not severe. It looked like a knee sprain.

Saw someone post this in the in-game thread

“There is absolutely no excuse to be down 5 points at the 2 minute mark to the #3 team in the country. I don't care if you are missing one of the most historically dominant players in NCAA history. I don't care if you are missing your starting center. I don't care if its senior night on the number 3 team's home court. I really, really want this FOR ME! WAAAAHHHHHH! WAAAAAHHHHH!

Let me clarify that I am being sarcastic. Given some of the other posts here its probably hard to tell.”

Really? Someone typed this out and deemed it reasonable enough to post? Jesus.

Also, that game could have gone completely different starting with about 5 minutes left in the game. We had the momentum towards the end that could’ve pushed us to a win, but we were too fatigued, and that certain “aura” that we’ve had in games like @ Louisville just wasn’t there. I can’t say I’m surprised at the outcome, but boy I didn’t expect it to be as even as it was until the end.

There is not much to be said about this game. Kudos to the guys for playing hard, but we aren't winning against a top 5 team on the road without our best player.

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    Despite the loss, I actually was pretty happy with the performance overall. Javin and Jack really stepped up on D. Especially Javin, who played probably his best game of the season.

Hope Bolden is okay. He's been playing really well and it would really hurt to lose his contributions.

Looking forward to playing these guys again in the ACC semis with Zion and hopefully Marques on the court.
    I think Barrett tried to do too much. He put up some great numbers but forced it at times. I imagine he has felt a good deal of pressure with Zion out. I hope when Zion returns that Barrett can let the game come to him a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    ...No killer instincts. We started the season like Lions and would say as the season has rolled on a lot of flaws.
    Flaws= MAJOR injuries. Then, ok.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    The effort was there, especially after another freaking injury at the beginning of the game. We reacted better to injury this time and may have actually outrebounded them. And we were lights out on defense down the stretch.

But to pull off a small upset, we would've needed to shoot better than 25% from three. Or failing that, they had to shoot awful as well.
    I'm not sure the problem is our 25% shooting, that's just kind of who we are. We are taking way too many 3s though.

Quote Originally Posted by kaufmjo View Post
    Kenny Williams was really amazing on defense. Will be an investigation if he isn’t defensive player of the game
    There is a 0% chance you aren’t a UNC fan. Between this post and multiple “Duke wouldn’t have won this game if Zion was playing stop whining” comments, I’m frantically looking for how to ignore a user.

Quote Originally Posted by ChillinDuke View Post
    Bilas was truly terrible tonight. That segment where ESPN split screened and then full screened the Best of 94 Feet DURING THE GAME was frankly unfathomable.

We played OK. UNC shot very well but other than that sort of just did irritating UNC things. Bolden will be a huge loss. Can't imagine that wasn't a tear.

We have no bench and we really can't shoot. I don't know what happened with our inability to develop any semblance of a bench.

This season feels like it's slipping away. I need to see Zion dressed for me to get excited again.

- Chillin
    I can’t imagine him walking on his own out of the tunnel with a tear. Likely a hyperextension or sprain.

If we’re fully healthy rest of way, this was our last loss.

Please Bolden Zion

Tough loss for Duke. Without Zion, you prob need things to go near perfect to beat a top 5 team on the road. Another bad 3pt outing (even by this year's Duke team's standards), losing Bolden then hurt you a little even though I thought DeLaurier was really good today, and Barrett getting into foul trouble (deserved or not) made it almost impossible to win.

Won't surprise me one bit if Zion integrates back in and you guys run off 9 straight wins (though it'll disappoint me greatly since I'm hoping for a historic season for UVa, obviously).