Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MBB: Duke 70, ... Cheating Bastards 79 Post-Game Thread

Put your post-game thoughts here. No venting or bashing. Sure would be nice to play these guys at full strength and without an injury before the first timeout...
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

The calls against RJ collectively were the worst officiating performance in the history of college basketball.

We win otherwise, despite missing our NPOY and starting center on the road. The UNC series this year was just a huge useless whatever.

Well...

Not going to bash our players. They played with everything they had. Please don't rag on them. Let's see any other team handle all these bad injuries.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

What’s worse refs or ESPN ?

Kenny Williams was really amazing on defense. Will be an investigation if he isn’t defensive player of the game

Quote Originally Posted by BigZ View Post
    What’s worse refs or ESPN ?
    Yes.

UNC didn’t play a complete game. This game was winnable without Z. We played less complete. Cant wait to run them out of the building with Z on the floor

scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    This game was 5-on-7 (UNC had the crowd and the refs on their side). Duke was without it’s two best rebounders and paint players. Without Zion UNC poses a lot of matchup problems for this team.

And yet, we had chances to make this a game. A lot of them. One whistle or bounce on a three goes our way in the last 4 and it’s a game. This team doesn’t quit.

If Zion comes back and is 100% there’s the potential no one remembers this in 20 years. The average fan doesn’t remember we won 2-of-3 against the Heels in 2017. They remember UNC won the Natty. Let’s go turn that around this year.

I don’t have a ton of nice things to say. So I’ll edit out all of my thoughts on the game that include rants and curse words. Here are my thoughts:

1. The

Ran out of gas. Being undermanned really kills this team as we are normally a second half team. Cam played like garbage the second half but I attribute that to fatigue. We overall played young in the second half. Credit to them as they turned it on and White didn’t miss.

Just not enough firepower with Zion out. We’ll beat them on Friday!

1. sneaker blow out
    2. shooting
    3. no bench, whatsoever

Duke reacted way better to adversity this game. Fought the whole way. Defense wasn’t awful. Just couldn’t overcome their (over the back) rebounding, their (flops) charges drawn, nor their hot outside shooting. Just a combination of bad luck and lack of execution on some open shots down the stretch. Winnable game. Hopefully Zion comes back and Bolden’s injury isn’t season ending.

I <insert more strongly worded euphemism for dislike> Carolina.

I hope the team is able to regain the early season magic for the NCAAs.

Showed lots of heart in not giving up.
    Need to not take so many 3s.

Despite the loss, I actually was pretty happy with the performance overall. Javin and Jack really stepped up on D. Especially Javin, who played probably his best game of the season.

Hope Bolden is okay. He's been playing really well and it would really hurt to lose his contributions.

Looking forward to playing these guys again in the ACC semis with Zion and hopefully Marques on the court.

Quote Originally Posted by kaufmjo View Post
    Kenny Williams was really amazing on defense. Will be an investigation if he isn’t defensive player of the game
    Thank goodness unc has experience being under investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    This game was 5-on-7 (UNC had the crowd and the refs on their side). Duke was without it’s two best rebounders and paint players. Without Zion UNC poses a lot of matchup problems for this team.

And yet, we had chances to make this a game. A lot of them. One whistle or bounce on a three goes our way in the last 4 and it’s a game. This team doesn’t quit.

If Zion comes back and is 100% there’s the potential no one remembers this in 20 years. The average fan doesn’t remember we won 2-of-3 against the Heels in 2017. They remember UNC won the Natty. Let’s go turn that around this year.
    what ever happens I am forgetting this one quick. Tough game for the good guys...
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Bolden vigil?

I hate UNC. I hate their fans. I hate their cheating program. I hate their fake I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. school.

Bilas has become a caricature....box and one set, wing span, obviously a foul there, etc.

Done with that dude.

Quote Originally Posted by kaufmjo View Post
    not nearly as impactful as Teddy you troll...