Saw it...and with what should be no surprise, I agree strongly with JE. It was OK. I wasn’t bored. I didn’t hate it. But there was just something missing. Well, a lot of somethings.

To start, I still don’t get how she got her powers or what was going on with everything. So the Kree and the Skulls are at war but really the people
You think are the good guys are really the bad guys. That’s was a nice twist I didn’t see coming, but for the twist to really work you need to understand why the conflict even exists. And that just wasn’t really explained. And why did they need the power source at all? Maybe they didn’t and he was just trying to find his family? Would they really sit there for 6 years? And the explosion gave her power, but then they gave her blue blood and then they get their power from some collective but it’s not the same power and yet somehow they can control her power, but not really all of her power and...I’m confused.

Other things I didn’t like:

As talented as Brie Larson is, she felt miscast. I never really bought her tough persona. Or her standoffishness.

What was the point of Ronan?

What happened to the teseract?

What happened to the cat?

Did Captain Marvel never come back to help again? I guess she might have in between this and End Game (maybe the sequel is about that).

What was the relationship with her friend. They seemed more like lovers but Marvel was too afraid to actually go there. Disappointing.

I liked Jackson.

I liked some of the humor. I liked the twist (already said that)

I LOVED the opening and the tribute to Stan Lee.

I LOVED the mid end credit link to Avengers. So did the audience. Huge applaud there. Makes me want to watch End Game right now (though I don’t know how Marvel is going to beat Thanos. She’s no more powerful than Thor).

Bottom line - not in the top tier of Marvel movies. Maybe not in my bottom tier but definitely near the bottom of the middle. It seemed
More like a DC movie (Aquaman) with an iffy plot, some forced scenes and nothing immensely compelling (other than the tie to Avengers).

Alas. Not sure if I will see again. Compare that to Avengers which I immediately wanted to watch again. Same with first avengers. And Guardians. And Spider-Man Homecoming. And Iron Man. And Spiderman 1 and 2 and, X-Men 1 and 2 and...