Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 320
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    California
    Quote Originally Posted by ns7 View Post
    Would be interesting to see where UVA alums / fans are distributed. I bet there are more in the vicinity of Columbia than Columbus.
    This map gives a rough approximation of UVA alumni concentration (click on US to see breakdown by state):

    https://www.setlist.fm/stats/concert...-43d6e713.html

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Quote Originally Posted by crimsondevil View Post
    Columbus and Columbia are fairly similar distances from Charlottesville (Columbus is closer as the crow flies but further by road). Is there a reason UVA would prefer one over the other?
    Pittsburgh was closer to Charlottesville than Charlotte last year as well. If UVA gets to choose as overall #1, they will choose Columbia because it's a lot more accessible to their primary alumni base (DC). Only one other team has a case for overall #1, and it's not UNC.

  3. #123
    Duke is a #1 seed, end of story. If they win tomorrow against FSU, it will be in the East Region. It might not matter, to be honest.

    UVA #1 South
    Kentucky or Tennessee #1 in the Midwest with UNC
    Gonzaga #1 in the West

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    North Carolina
    Lunardi just said Duke is a No.1 with Zion in their team. It now depends what Kentucky does to see if UNC gets the third ACC No.1.
    President of the Marshall Plumlee fan club!

  5. #125
    Were a number 1 but is the East Regional off the table? Did U.Va have that already wrapped up?

  6. #126
    Is Gonzaga gonna get a one just bc they are the only good team west of Louisiana?
       

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    Lunardi just said Duke is a No.1 with Zion in their team. It now depends what Kentucky does to see if UNC gets the third ACC No.1.
    I think the big thing with this is assuming UNC is 4 through 7 on the seed list, they basically are guaranteed to be in the same bracket as UK (possibly TN) because can't be with UVa or us...which I like because I take both of them going to the final four. (Of course, Lunardi isn't all knowing but I agree with him.) But downside is we could get TN in Louisville if we're fortunate to make it that far. Which would be better than KY there though.
       

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    Were a number 1 but is the East Regional off the table? Did U.Va have that already wrapped up?
    I think you guys get the East with a win tomorrow. You may even get it with a loss. H2H has to matter.

    I think UVA gets the South (if UK doesn't win SECT) or Midwest (if UK does win the SECT).

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    Were a number 1 but is the East Regional off the table? Did U.Va have that already wrapped up?
    I think it will go to Duke. Beat UVA twice during the season and have similar resumes.

    UVA's most impressive wins are
    - UNC, VA Tech, Wisconsin

    Duke's most impressive wins are:
    - Virginia x 2, UNC (with 2 Ls), Kentucky, Texas Tech

    UVA doesn't have a bad loss on their resume, but they don't have the top-end wins Duke does. A win against Florida State and the deal is sealed. If Duke loses tomorrow, I am not as certain.

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NC
    Quote Originally Posted by jhmoss1812 View Post
    I think you guys get the East with a win tomorrow. You may even get it with a loss. H2H has to matter.

    I think UVA gets the South (if UK doesn't win SECT) or Midwest (if UK does win the SECT).
    I cant imagine you guys get sent to the Midwest.

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    Were a number 1 but is the East Regional off the table? Did U.Va have that already wrapped up?
    No. The Committee said they would watch Duke with Zion to see what happened.

    We take the East with a win tomorrow and are the #1 overall. We keep our current spot (#1 MW) with a loss. We did not have to beat UVA again to take it from them.

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    I cant imagine you guys get sent to the Midwest.
    I don't see UK missing out on 1 seed in the South if they win the SECT though. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    Pittsburgh was closer to Charlottesville than Charlotte last year as well. If UVA gets to choose as overall #1, they will choose Columbia because it's a lot more accessible to their primary alumni base (DC). Only one other team has a case for overall #1, and it's not UNC.
    No, Columbus is closer to DC than Columbia also. You seem to think Ohio is further away from VA than it is. Look, UVA might choose Columbia, who knows - but the travel time argument is not really valid.

    In any case, I have to think we're now extremely likely to be in Columbia for the first weekend. Can we steal DC away from UVA for the regional by winning tomorrow? (edit: that seems to be the consensus here. I think UVA is likely to get South over Kentucky in that scenario though).
    Last edited by crimsondevil; 03-15-2019 at 11:13 PM. Reason: too slow in replying

  14. #134
    One interesting scenario...Michigan State may get a 1 if they win the Big 10 AND neither of Tennessee and UK win the SEC. the committee may take into consideration that MSU has been hot and now finally healthy. Just a thought.

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NC
    Quote Originally Posted by jhmoss1812 View Post
    I don't see UK missing out on 1 seed in the South if they win the SECT though. Guess we'll find out soon enough.
    Their resume isnt as good as yours, even if they win the SEC.

  16. #136
    Id go

    East: Duke Michigan
    South: Virginia Tenn
    MidWest: Kentucky MichSt
    West: UNC Gonzaga
       

  17. #137
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jhmoss1812 View Post
    I don't see UK missing out on 1 seed in the South if they win the SECT though. Guess we'll find out soon enough.
    UVA would be a higher 1-seed than UK, though, imo.

    Interestingly, even though you'd be farther away, I think I'd rather be in the Midwest instead of in the South with either Tenn / UK, anyway. Being a higher 1-seed than the SEC winner might cause you pain.

    Of course, it is Duke in that situation if we lose tomorrow (which is quite possible).

  18. #138
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Quote Originally Posted by crimsondevil View Post
    No, Columbus is closer to DC than Columbia also. You seem to think Ohio is further away from VA than it is. Look, UVA might choose Columbia, who knows - but the travel time argument is not really valid.

    In any case, I have to think we're now extremely likely to be in Columbia for the first weekend. Can we steal DC away from UVA for the regional by winning tomorrow?
    I grew up in Ohio. I will agree on Columbia because Coach K really prefers that extra day of rest. I've heard him say that about 5+ times, and it becomes more important with a 3rd ACC game.

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    UVA would be a higher 1-seed than UK, though, imo.

    Interestingly, even though you'd be farther away, I think I'd rather be in the Midwest instead of in the South with either Tenn / UK, anyway. Being a higher 1-seed than the SEC winner might cause you pain.

    Of course, it is Duke in that situation if we lose tomorrow (which is quite possible).
    So we can be paired up with Michigan State in the Midwest? Yeah, no thanks lol.

  20. #140
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Great Falls Va
    I think you convinced me. I had been thinking Columbus less hostile than Columbia but the extra day of rest probably wins

Similar Threads

  1. Duke MBB's 2014 NCAAT seed
    By Turk in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 303
    Last Post: 03-16-2014, 05:00 PM
  2. ACC #1 seed
    By dcdevil2009 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 02-27-2011, 08:13 PM
  3. Speculation about Duke's NCAAT seed
    By tjk1712 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-13-2009, 02:39 PM
  4. Can we still get a #1 seed?
    By Johnny B in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 03-11-2008, 09:31 PM
  5. #6 Seed against VCU
    By drion97 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 147
    Last Post: 03-12-2007, 10:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •