Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    if Duke shows they're at their prior level with Zion, i can't imagine their not getting a one... since that means we cream unc and play great against uva

If Duke beats UNC/UVA to win the ACCT I'm holding out hope for the East 1 seed. I'd like to avoid being a 1 in the south w/ UK/Tenn as our 2 but we'll see.

I know it won't happen, but if, by some miracle, St. Mary's beats Gonzaga tonight, what seed does Gonzaga get?

Quote Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
    I know it won't happen, but if, by some miracle, St. Mary's beats Gonzaga tonight, what seed does Gonzaga get?
    1. St. Mary's is a bubble team.

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    yep. Gonzaga is a literal lock at this point.

If UMBC wins tonight and again tomorrow, does the committee set up a rematch with Virginia?

No rematch with UVA. I would rather have Hartford win because they are on our schedule.

Does a loss by Gonzaga to st mary’s in the WCC tournament drop them from #1 seed?

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    yep. Gonzaga is a literal lock at this point.
    You guys are probably right, but not sure if the facts merit the absolute lock status. Why would a 3 loss Gonzaga team be ahead of a 5 loss Duke team as of now? Duke has a much tougher schedule, much higher quality wins, and the injury factor.

Really impressive from St Mary's. They controlled it from start to finish.

You guys are probably right, but not sure if the facts merit the absolute lock status. Why would a 3 loss Gonzaga team be ahead of a 5 loss Duke team as of now? Duke has a much tougher schedule, much higher quality wins, and the injury factor.
    H2H...but more importantly, gonzaga is #1 in NET.
    April 1

H2H...but more importantly, gonzaga is #1 in NET.
    H2H can't be a deciding factor, though. Otherwise you would spin in circles between UNC, Duke, Virginia, Kentucky, and Gonzaga.

H2H can't be a deciding factor, though. Otherwise you would spin in circles between UNC, Duke, Virginia, Kentucky, and Gonzaga.
    the deciding factor can be whatever the committee wants it to be on a case by case basis.
    April 1

Or a 4-loss Tennessee team that beat Gonzaga and recently blew out Kentucky, considering that UT, Kentucky, Duke, and uncheat can still add major wins.

the deciding factor can be whatever the committee wants it to be on a case by case basis.
    Obviously. Of the 2 reasons you have cited for why Gonzaga is clearly ahead of Duke right now, I don't think the H2H is compelling at all. The Net one is TBD. None of us has any idea how the committee is going to use it. Bunch of talking heads on twitter are at least raising the possibility that Gonzaga can drop to 2 line depending what happens to other teams. I don't think they are a 100% lock for a #1 at this stage. Still likely, but not 100% lock.

So, it's possible the ACC could hold the top 3 spots in the poll(s) come Monday. If UK loses , then I could see, Duke, then UVA, then unc, unless UT beats UK to win the SEC. Assuming Duke beats both unc and UVA this weekend.

Obviously. Of the 2 reasons you have cited for why Gonzaga is clearly ahead of Duke right now, I don't think the H2H is compelling at all. The Net one is TBD. None of us has any idea how the committee is going to use it. Bunch of talking heads on twitter are at least raising the possibility that Gonzaga can drop to 2 line depending what happens to other teams. I don't think they are a 100% lock for a #1 at this stage. Still likely, but not 100% lock.
    the original question was how one could justify gonzaga ahead of duke. H2H is one such way the committee could justify it.
    April 1

the original question was how one could justify gonzaga ahead of duke. H2H is one such way the committee could justify it.
    Yes, I'm not arguing with you about the possible justification. I am arguing that I don't think Gonzaga is a 100% lock.

Let's say Duke wins the ACC tournament, beating UNC and UVA; Kentucky also wins the SEC tournament. To me, those 3 teams would be clearly ahead of Gonzaga. Especially so for Duke, since the post-Zion injury Duke would have played better than while he was out. Then it would be a comparison of Gonzaga to UNC (where the H2H favors UNC, by the way). That's not an obvious call.

Yes, I'm not arguing with you about the possible justification. I am arguing that I don't think Gonzaga is a 100% lock.

Let's say Duke wins the ACC tournament, beating UNC and UVA; Kentucky also wins the SEC tournament. To me, those 3 teams would be clearly ahead of Gonzaga. Especially so for Duke, since the post-Zion injury Duke would have played better than while he was out. Then it would be a comparison of Gonzaga to UNC (where the H2H favors UNC, by the way). That's not an obvious call.
    It's possible, but don't overweight one game too much (unless it's a Duke L). Under those conditions, it should be Duke, UVA, KY, and Gonzaga from east to west. 6 loss UNC doesn't have a stronger resume than 3 loss Gonzaga in my view, and I'm not sure they send UNC out west two years in a row.

It will all be over by Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    If UMBC wins tonight and again tomorrow, does the committee set up a rematch with Virginia?
    UMBC plays at Vermont on Saturday at 11 a.m. for the tourney spot...Vermont led them last year in the finals all the way until they lost focus in the final few minutes...should be a decent game,