Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Naz Reid from LSU going with an agent.

Quote Originally Posted by 907bluedevils View Post
    Naz Reid from LSU going with an agent.
    Help here w rules. Used to if you got an agent you were gone. I saw you could at least work w an agent now and still be eligible to return if you pay the agent back ? Is that how it works? And you can stay in for a day or two AFTER the draft and if not selected then decide to return ? Could someone help me understand the exact rules now - Thans in advance !!!

Quote Originally Posted by beach rev View Post
    Wonder if this impacts Tre's decision. Probably moves him down at least one slot. Could really impact him as old school PGs (under 6' 6") aren't in vogue, so being the third or fourth "true" PG taken could be a 2nd round call.

Also humorous that Little and White wasted no time declaring, bet they don't ever see a classroom again (not that they ever saw one in chapel hill).

Simi Shittu from Vandy entering the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    It has never happened before. He's only ever coached 3 one and dones to my knowledge prior to this year.
    A few two and dones. That said- UNC will have a lot of new faces. We will see how well Roy molds a team of mostly youngsters.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    A few two and dones. That said- UNC will have a lot of new faces. We will see how well Roy molds a team of mostly youngsters.
    Maybe. He will have a bunch of vets, and likely will add a grad transfer or regular transfer. We will see how young they are.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Wonder if this impacts Tre's decision. Probably moves him down at least one slot. Could really impact him as old school PGs (under 6' 6") aren't in vogue, so being the third or fourth "true" PG taken could be a 2nd round call.
    I would assume that all of these point guards will be taken ahead of Tre:

- Ja Morant
    - Darius Garland
    - Coby White
    - Romeo Langford (listed as a SG but I see him as a point in the NBA)
    - Jarrett Culver (same with him)
    - Carsen Edwards (really low on draft boards but that's insane, must have been before his breakout performance in the tourney)
    - Ty Jerome (if he comes out)

Tre would be in the neighborhood of guys like Ashton Hagans (similarly excellent defender, a little longer and more athletic) and Ky Bowman (great scorer but older which is seen as a negative).

Also, how many NBA point guards are 6'6 or taller?

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post

- Ja Morant
    - Darius Garland
    - Coby White
    - Carsen Edwards (really low on draft boards but that's insane, must have been before his breakout performance in the tourney)

Tre would be in the neighborhood of guys like Ashton Hagans (similarly excellent defender, a little longer and more athletic) and Ky Bowman (great scorer but older which is seen as a negative).

I don’t see Culver at point at all. I don’t think that’s his game. And Edwards is a 6’1” SG, not a PG. he averaged fewer assists than turnovers.

I don’t see Culver at point at all. I don’t think that’s his game. And Edwards is a 6’1” SG, not a PG. he averaged fewer assists than turnovers.
    Edwards is a classic college guard who probably doesn’t have an NBA future. There’s not a huge market for 6’1” shooting guards. He will get killed on defense and will be hard to generate enough offense against a flood of 6’4”-6’7” defenders to make up for it.

You think an NBA team with a need at PG would draft Jones ahead of Edwards? But fair enough, take both of them out. That still makes Tre the fifth best PG prospect on the board. And that's before some random French guy pops up on everyone's radar at the combine and winds up going lotto.

You think an NBA team with a need at PG would draft Jones ahead of Edwards? But fair enough, take both of them out. That still makes Tre the fifth best PG prospect on the board. And that's before some random French guy pops up on everyone's radar at the combine and winds up going lotto.
    Yes, I think a team looking for a PG would take Jones over Edwards. But yes, I don’t think Jones goes in the first round. I think he is the 4th PG (Langford also isn’t a PG) at best if Jerome goes pro.

Xxxxx

Help here w rules. Used to if you got an agent you were gone. I saw you could at least work w an agent now and still be eligible to return if you pay the agent back ? Is that how it works? And you can stay in for a day or two AFTER the draft and if not selected then decide to return ? Could someone help me understand the exact rules now - Thans in advance !!!

^ I thought there was also a stipulation that only certain players identified as elite prospects were allowed to hire agents. Which makes absolutely no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    For those interested in the new "testing the waters" policy who don't have paywall access to the article linked above, here is a link to the NCAA memo on the subject.
    Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post
    It’s weird how forum threads work.

Xxxxx
    I don’t even know how to reply to this.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    It’s weird how forum threads work.

I don’t even know how to reply to this.
    With equal affection.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
    With equal affection.
    That is such a slippery slope ...

- Ja Morant
    - Darius Garland
    - Coby White

I think it's a stretch to call Langford and Culver point guards in the NBA. They are wings.

Morant, Garland, and White are all definitively ahead of Jones in the Draft Board. Ty Jerome is probably right there with Jones or slightly ahead as he has good size (6'5") for the position and excellent shooting. Jordan Bone of Tennessee, a junior, also declared for the NBA Draft. I expect that he is comparable to Jones as a PG prospect. I'm interested to see if Ashton Hagans of Kentucky will go into the draft as well. He has a similar profile as Jones but is bigger and longer but less of a facilitator. Both had extreme troubles shooting the ball this season and could boost their draft stock with a year of improved shooting in college (or tank it if they don't improve).

Not that they know anything, but NBADraft.net no longer has Jones in their 2019 Mock. He is now #28, end of the first round, in their 2020 Mock. They were the most pessimistic on him recently. A couple weeks ago they had him around 10th in the 2nd round in 2019.

-Jason "It is clear that Tre's shooting struggles late in the year with teams daring him to shoot (VT paid the price) has impacted his draft stock" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Not that they know anything, but NBADraft.net no longer has Jones in their 2019 Mock. He is now #28, end of the first round, in their 2020 Mock. They were the most pessimistic on him recently. A couple weeks ago they had him around 10th in the 2nd round in 2019.

-Jason "It is clear that Tre's shooting struggles late in the year with teams daring him to shoot (VT paid the price) has impacted his draft stock" Evans
    If Tre comes back next year, it will be the best pie I never tasted.

There were moments this year when he was sublime, mostly on defense but a couple games on offense. If he can improve his shot, his offensive aggressiveness, and even incrementally improve his defense, oh man. I'm not sure how much more I could like him.

- Chillin