Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Nasir Little declares

Quote Originally Posted by wk2109 View Post
    This is an April's Fool joke, right?

Except for the part that reads "he will prepare for the draft immediately" - translation: "you won't see him anywhere near a classroom."

But that's how they do things at unc ...

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post

Except for the part that reads "he will prepare for the draft immediately" - translation: "you won't see him anywhere near a classroom."

Well, it does originate from espn, the mothership of fools...
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

has he been spotted near one all year??

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    We've got a couple months until C2C, which feels like forever now that we've gotten a taste of Duke basketball. It's time to get some pie bets going! There were a few suggested in some of the other threads but many involved betting against our team, which of course met with resistance. So in honor of my complete and utter disdain for our friends down the road, I'll suggest a pie bet that Nassir Little does not go OAD this year. In other words, if he leaves for the NBA after one year, you win the bet. If he returns to school, I win the bet. If any of the following scenarios happen, we will call it a draw:

- he declares for the draft but goes undrafted
    - he leaves school for any other reason
    - he suffers a SEVERE injury that causes him to come back (there's some ambiguity in how we would define this, but I'm game to discuss if it actually happens)

Any takers?
    Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    I’ll take the bet on the original terms (not the Troublemaker modifications)
    Looks like you got in first so I'll call it a handshake and we are on!
    So UC, you’re owing me a pie unless somehow he gets passed on through both rounds. I would be more than willing to bet another pie that doesn’t happen.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Nassoir Little

Announces for the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Announces for the draft.
    See the early entry thread.

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    So UC, you’re owing me a pie unless somehow he gets passed on through both rounds. I would be more than willing to bet another pie that doesn’t happen.
    The link didn’t actually say that he had hired an agent, but I am willing to concede based on his comments that he is not coming back and also that he isn’t going undrafted. Congrats on your pie! I think this was less of a slam dunk win for you than most would have anticipated as the season progressed, and I enjoyed his failures even more knowing that a pie was on the line. My original assertion was that Roy doesn’t develop elite level players, and I still think that is true.

I don’t have the link to the pie place that we typically use but I will try to find it and send you a PM.

Smile

Love you Chrishoke but given today’s date and Ol Roy’s track record on such things, I am going to need a link.

Quote Originally Posted by TKG View Post
    Love you Chrishoke but given today’s date and Ol Roy’s track record on such things, I am going to need a link.
    From the Draft Early Entry thread:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...ares-nba-draft

Which now happens to be this thread as I see the threads have been merged.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

The link didn’t actually say that he had hired an agent, but I am willing to concede based on his comments that he is not coming back and also that he isn’t going undrafted. Congrats on your pie! I think this was less of a slam dunk win for you than most would have anticipated as the season progressed, and I enjoyed his failures even more knowing that a pie was on the line. My original assertion was that Roy doesn’t develop elite level players, and I still think that is true.

I don’t have the link to the pie place that we typically use but I will try to find it and send you a PM.
    I’m willing to wait until June if you need to see his name called to make it official.

I also agree that Roy’s misuse of a high level talent was enjoyable to watch this year, even if the outcome was (in my view, and backed by a pie) a forgone conclusion.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

When is last day to declare? What about last day to come back to school after testing waters?

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post

Do they even have classrooms over there?

Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post
    When is last day to declare? What about last day to come back to school after testing waters?
    I believe the last day to declare is 4/21 this year. The deadline to withdraw is 5/29, although this year undrafted players can choose to return to school if they still have eligibility. The deadline for an undrafted player to return is the Monday following the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by JetpackJesus View Post
    Do they even have classrooms over there?
    Sure they do. They're quiet and dark. Great places to catch a nap undisturbed.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    A few major updates:

Louisville's Jordan Nwora is "testing the waters". If he is dead set on being a first rounder then I think he comes back.

Syracuse's Tyus Battle is going into the draft. He's a likely 2nd rounder.

Duke killer (in 2018) Shammorie Ponds of St John is turning pro. My crystal ball says he goes in the 2nd round, but if he works out well, it is not impossible he could get picked in the 20s.

Lastly, when you have a moment I urge all of you to check out this article about the way "testing the waters" has changed this year. Kids can do a lot more with agents than they could in the past, but be careful because if you decide to return to school, you must pay the agent back and that could get to be expensive.
    For those interested in the new "testing the waters" policy who don't have paywall access to the article linked above, here is a link to the NCAA memo on the subject.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by beach rev View Post
    When was the last time Roy coached two OADs?
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by beach rev View Post
    With or without an agent? Or does that matter?

All I need to know is whether this kid is coming back or not. I wouldn't mind seeing Little back because he was non-transformational player. Coby White is legit and one of the top 2 PGs in the ACC (along with Ty Jerome). I want that dude gone.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    When was the last time Roy coached two OADs?
    It has never happened before. He's only ever coached 3 one and dones to my knowledge prior to this year.