Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Because of Cam Johnson, another intraconference grad transfer.

Whether the fear is rational or not is yet to be determined, BUT the explanation of the fear existing is quite obvious.
    Hypothetically, just hypothetically, if Blackshear were to wish to do a grad transfer to Duke do you think that the powers that be in the conference would be okay with it?

Asking for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Because of Cam Johnson, another intraconference grad transfer.

Whether the fear is rational or not is yet to be determined, BUT the explanation of the fear existing is quite obvious.
    And just to be clear (since it was my post that started any UNC discussion), I don't have any indication that Blackshear would end up at UNC. I was just saying that I REALLY don't want it to happen.

But UNC clearly has a need, and have a long history of emphasizing post play. Combine that with the Cam Johnson transfer (showing their willingness and ability to get an intraconference transfer), and it isn't an outlandish possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    Hypothetically, just hypothetically, if Blackshear were to wish to do a grad transfer to Duke do you think that the powers that be in the conference would be okay with it?

Asking for a friend.
    I would assume so, yes. That precedent has now been set. Of course, given the crowd in our frontcourt next year, I'd imagine that question remains purely hypothetical.

jordan brown is transferring from nevada. sit 1, play 3. former mcdonald's all american. 6'10".

would K be interested?

former duke target DJ Harvey is leaving notre dame. sit 1, play 2.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    I think it's bad optics for the Hauser brothers too. Looks like they just decided to go shopping for the heck of it. This story has a strange feel to it. Maybe a butt-inski dad influence while the kids were back home? You know in theory player freedom is a good thing. In practice it's often capricious and harmful to teammates.
    This announcement came shortly after Howard announced his intentions to come back. Wonder if the Hausers (or parents) feel that they would be the featured players on another team with a less ball-dominant star? Certainly this might be an opportunity at Wisconsin, but not at MSU or UVa, IMHO.

Khavon Moore, former top 50 recruit, is transferring from Texas Tech

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...ransfer-portal

Quote Originally Posted by 907bluedevils View Post
    Khavon Moore, former top 50 recruit, is transferring from Texas Tech

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...ransfer-portal
    Moore's announcement is kinda funky. He says he has to "undertake family obligations that require my immediate attention." I wonder if that means he will transfer back to a school in his home state of Georgia. It certainly sounds like he is setting himself up for a waiver from the NCAA to become immediately eligible. He was hurt this entire past season and took a redshirt so he would have 4 years left. He would be a big deal for Georgia or Ga Tech.

Meanwhile, Kentucky hits the grad transfer market and comes up with Bucknell's Nate Sestina. He's a 6-9 forward who was 2nd team all-Patriot league a year ago. A dude with the size to bang inside but also a nice shooting stroke out to 3 point land. I think he projects as a backup PF, maybe 10 or so minutes per game, but if the Kentucky youngsters struggle, he could play a larger role.

-Jason "there is a good bit of chatter in Kentucky-land about Blackshear. They want him (who wouldn't?!!?)" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by frb View Post
    former duke target DJ Harvey is leaving notre dame. sit 1, play 2.
    Coach Brey said Harvey wanted to reinvent himself elsewhere.

My read between the lines there is not positive.

Quote Originally Posted by frb View Post
    jordan brown is transferring from nevada. sit 1, play 3. former mcdonald's all american. 6'10".

would K be interested?
    http://nevadasportsnet.com/news/repo...s-jordan-brown

This article mentions Kentucky, Arizona, Cal, Oregon, Baylor, Pitt, Ohio State, Saint Mary's and Louisiana-Lafayette so far.

Are there transfers Cal isn't involved with?

That option's becoming more and more attractive to him since he's unable to out-recruit us I suppose.

Some twitter news that Duke has been in contact with Jake Forrester, a 6'8" forward that played his freshman season at Indiana. Forrester was outside the top 100 as a freshman but appears to be an athletic if not highly skilled player. He is from the Philly area and was high school teammates with Cam Reddish. Here're high school clips of the young men.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Some twitter news that Duke has been in contact with Jake Forrester, a 6'8" forward that played his freshman season at Indiana. Forrester was outside the top 100 as a freshman but appears to be an athletic if not highly skilled player. He is from the Philly area and was high school teammates with Cam Reddish. Here're high school clips of the young men.

You mean Duke might be finding Forrester?

I'll see myself out.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    You mean Duke might be finding Forrester?

I'll see myself out.
    Nice. You're the man now, dog.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    I get that kids can develop, but Forrester barely played at IU last year and it was not like Indiana was some elite program overloaded with stud players. Seems strange for a kid who was end of the bench at Indiana to step up in quality. One would ordinarily expect a kid like that to step down, maybe to an AAC/A10/BEast kinda school, to find more opportunity.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by bullettoothtony View Post
    Are there transfers Cal isn't involved with?

That option's becoming more and more attractive to him since he's unable to out-recruit us I suppose.
    Clearly worried that he is going to miss out on targets again like this year.

That and I think he knows alot of his roster is going to be gone again next year, with no real multi year players currently on the roster.

I live in Michigan now... Word on the street is Izzo's heavy in on Wojo's transfers. He was recruiting the younger brother out of high school.

Seventh Woods leaving UNC?

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Seventh Woods leaving UNC?
    Per Jeff Goodman tweet, yup

Quote Originally Posted by ndkjr70 View Post
    That’s called college free agency, and it shouldn’t be allowed.
    I don't understand this "argument" at all. Schools have almost all the chips already. Once a kid signs, he has no options about leaving that don't require sitting out a year except in unusual circumstances (like an ill parent) or a grad transfer. Coach lies about your role? Too bad. Coach leaves for another job? Too bad. Want to play more? Too bad. New coach hates you? Too bad. New coach totally changes role/scheme? Too bad. Homesick? Too bad. Hate the school/department/area? Too bad. Made a mistake? Too bad.

The school can dump a player every year for any or no reason and the player still has to sit out a year to play somewhere else.

Now you want to deny the ability of a player to go where he wants to grad school?! Cray-cray.

I don't see what's so wrong and so scary about player agency. The player has to convince the coach to play him every single day. There's nothing wrong with coaches having to live up to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by RPS View Post
    I don't understand this "argument" at all. Schools have almost all the chips already. Once a kid signs, he has no options about leaving that don't require sitting out a year except in unusual circumstances (like an ill parent) or a grad transfer. Coach lies about your role? Too bad. Coach leaves for another job? Too bad. Want to play more? Too bad. New coach hates you? Too bad. New coach totally changes role/scheme? Too bad. Homesick? Too bad. Hate the school/department/area? Too bad. Made a mistake? Too bad.

The school can dump a player every year for any or no reason and the player still has to sit out a year to play somewhere else.

Now you want to deny the ability of a player to go where he wants to grad school?! Cray-cray.

I don't see what's so wrong and so scary about player agency. The player has to convince the coach to play him every single day. There's nothing wrong with coaches having to live up to the same standard.
    And on top of all that, no college prevents students from transferring for any reason. You don't like your roommate? you can transfer. You don't like the food? You can transfer. The university police is too hard on weed? You can transfer!!! If you want to make the argument that these are student athletes, let them live up to the student part.