Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    I rest my case re: Reddish's decision making
    I love the decisions to drive instead of just jacking up a three. That’s just bad execution to run over guys who are planted when you’re two steps away from them.

The real problem is The whole team is utterly disinterested in anything resembling half court offense. Every single play is ether jack a 3 or let RJ of Cam make a one on one move straight towards the rim. Wake hasn’t had to do any legit defending in 8 minutes

DeLaurier may be the slowest catch-to-shoot player I've ever seen. It takes him forever to gather himself.

Quote Originally Posted by SCMatt33 View Post
    I love the decisions to drive instead of just jacking up a three. That’s just bad execution to run over guys who are planted when you’re two steps away from them.

The real problem is The whole team is utterly disinterested in anything resembling half court offense. Every single play is ether jack a 3 or let RJ of Cam make a one on one move straight towards the rim. Wake hasn’t had to do any legit defending in 8 minutes
    Ok but in addition to his 2 charges, I didn't care for his quick pull up just inside the 3pt line early in the game. Just an ill-advised shot

Jack White with a couple of nice 3’s right when the team really needed them.
    Last edited by Steven43; 03-05-2019 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    Ok but in addition to his 2 charges, I didn't care for his quick pull up just inside the 3pt line early in the game. Just an ill-advised shot
    Oh sure, but the whole team has done that. There’s been a couple of plays in the last segment, but for the most part it’s been all spot up threes or single man drives. There hasn’t been much interior passing or cutting or anything to make the defense move. But for Cam specifically, I like when he pump fakes and drives to mix his game up. You have to be willing to pass or pull up when a guy is planted three steps out, though

Too darn sloppy. Poor focus and unforced mistakes letting Wake stick around. I'm not worried, because I'm pretty sure K will tear them all new you-know-whats at halftime.

9F
    I will never talk about That Game. GTHC.

Oh sure, but the whole team has done that. There’s been a couple of plays in the last segment, but for the most part it’s been all spot up threes or single man drives. There hasn’t been much interior passing or cutting or anything to make the defense move. But for Cam specifically, I like when he pump fakes and drives to mix his game up. You have to be willing to pass or pull up when a guy is planted three steps out, though
    Can we play any more undisciplined. Throwing difficult alley oops to Javin, Jack and Marques is not smart and will Cam figure it out. We’ll win, but could be behind at half.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Can we play any more undisciplined. Throwing difficult alley oops to Javin, Jack and Marques is not smart and will Cam figure it out. We’ll win, but could be behind at half.
    It would help if the actual PG was handling the ball.

Unfortunately, the Duke team that showed up in this first half will not stand much of a chance, without Zion, of beating UNC at the Smith Center.

Some of these passes aren’t that difficult. RJ had two lobs to Bolden where Bolden had a guy caught above him and plenty of room between him and the bucket. Tons of room for a lob and a dunk, but RJ threw them completely flat and out of bounds. I’d say the problem is more focus than discipline. Especially after the first 5-8 minutes, I’ve seen way more plays that were a decent idea but terrible execution as opposed to a terrible idea.

Wish some of the other guys would step up. With Zion out you’d think they would improve their performances and be more aggressive. Instead it’s more of the same inconsistency.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Unfortunately, the Duke team that showed up in this first half will not stand much of a chance, without Zion, of beating UNC at the Smith Center.
    I'm afraid that the next time we'll see Zion again on a basketball court he'll be in a Knicks uniform.

Pretty frightening first half of basketball.
    Cam picking up three charging fouls? Why?
    Jack has the hitch back in his shot. Sloppy passing.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by downeastdad View Post
    I'm afraid that the next time we'll see Zion again on a basketball court he'll be in a Knicks uniform.
    Why would you wish that on Zion? He seems like a really nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    The team that showed up will be lucky to finish with 30 wins.

It’s over.

Some of these passes aren’t that difficult. RJ had two lobs to Bolden where Bolden had a guy caught above him and plenty of room between him and the bucket. Tons of room for a lob and a dunk, but RJ threw them completely flat and out of bounds. I’d say the problem is more focus than discipline. Especially after the first 5-8 minutes, I’ve seen way more plays that were a decent idea but terrible execution as opposed to a terrible idea.
    Don’t totally disagree, but any pass to Javin (unless wide openj is more likely to result in a TO or bad miss.

Quote Originally Posted by downeastdad View Post
    Don’t you say that. Don’t you EVER say that.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R7bHCs_iu9w

This one's definitely not a sure win. Aside from RJ, a pitiful showing. He's trying to get the rest of them into it. Whether they'll respond is a toss-up.

This is a disgrace.

Getting worse.

We can't shoot! At all.

Has anybody else noticed that Cam is shooting horribly?

Time for a little Baker? Why not, at this point?