Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: RIP Luke Perry

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Princeton, NJ

    RIP Luke Perry

    52 is young for this. Sad. I was a big 90210 fan back in the day and my kids love Riverdale now. A rare 2 generation star in our house. RIP

    https://www.eonline.com/ap/news/1020...ffering-stroke

  2. #2
    He did his best work in Jeremiah when he teamed up with Theo from the Cosby show.

    This marks two guys this week that are in my "age range". *gulp*. Time to go have a mid-life crisis before it's too late.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North of Durham
    I started HS roughly when 90210 started, so though my high school experience was slightly different than the one depicted on the show, it was always very timely for me. Luke Perry was an icon at the time. He and Jason Priestly made sideburns very cool (I never gave in to the trend). Trying to explain to young colleagues who he is and his cultural significance makes me feel really old - I recently used the phrase "Donna Martin Graduates!" in front of people in their late 20s and drew blank stares.

    RIP. Sad to see him die so young.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    I recently used the phrase "Donna Martin Graduates!" in front of people in their late 20s and drew blank stares.
    Glad to know I'm not the only one who still does this.

    RIP Dylan McKay. I'll never forget how his adventures swordfighting in the Caribbean were just like my teenage life.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    As with Heath Ledger and Paul Walker, I learned of Luke Perry's death on DBR. This one had some warning, and to be honest, I was dreading the possibility for the past few days.

    I wasn't going to mention it, but it was a real eye-opener last week when I learned that both Kenny Anderson (48) and Luke Perry (52) suffered strokes. Also recently afflicted are Lute Olson (84), Jerry Lee Lewis (83), and Syracuse player Howard Washington (20). And, I'm sure, hundreds of non-famous people.

    I don't have a lesson to impart here, or advice to offer, but I'm sufficiently disturbed by this.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Mount Kisco, NY
    I stumbled upon the very first episode of 90210 in my Gilbert-Addoms freshman dorm room and watched it for many years after. Sideburns were definitely a thing during those days. Luke Perry had a huge cultural impact. I can't believe he died before Joe E Tata. RIP.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
    52 is young for this. Sad. I was a big 90210 fan back in the day and my kids love Riverdale now. A rare 2 generation star in our house. RIP

    https://www.eonline.com/ap/news/1020...ffering-stroke
    OMG how terrible...for him and his family. It's also one of those stories that makes me fear every little chest pain, every leg tingle, every headache....etc.
    Don't waste your time on House of Cards S6!
    -We found out Frank was critical to making anyone else in the show interesting...not a surprise...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    As with Heath Ledger and Paul Walker, I learned of Luke Perry's death on DBR. This one had some warning, and to be honest, I was dreading the possibility for the past few days.

    I wasn't going to mention it, but it was a real eye-opener last week when I learned that both Kenny Anderson (48) and Luke Perry (52) suffered strokes. Also recently afflicted are Lute Olson (84), Jerry Lee Lewis (83), and Syracuse player Howard Washington (20). And, I'm sure, hundreds of non-famous people.

    I don't have a lesson to impart here, or advice to offer, but I'm sufficiently disturbed by this.
    My 51 year old wife, who eats very healthy, has fantastic cholesterol numbers, is average (if not below average) weight, exercises regularly, and is otherwise the paradigm of good health, suffered a stroke in December. I won't get into specifics in a public forum, but after seeing many specialists (cardiologist, neurologist, hematologist) and having more tests than you can count on your fingers and toes, she was diagnosed with a birth defect to her heart that was never previously identified and it was determined to be the cause. We're fortunate it was a "mini-stroke" (although her neurologist advised us that there's really no such thing - a stroke is a stroke), that we have the means to identify what the specialists believe was the cause, to do something about it, and that she appears to be on the road to a full recovery.

    Having just gone through this with my wife, I agree it is quite disturbing.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    My 51 year old wife, who eats very healthy, has fantastic cholesterol numbers, is average (if not below average) weight, exercises regularly, and is otherwise the paradigm of good health, suffered a stroke in December. I won't get into specifics in a public forum, but after seeing many specialists (cardiologist, neurologist, hematologist) and having more tests than you can count on your fingers and toes, she was diagnosed with a birth defect to her heart that was never previously identified and it was determined to be the cause. We're fortunate it was a "mini-stroke" (although her neurologist advised us that there's really no such thing - a stroke is a stroke), that we have the means to identify what the specialists believe was the cause, to do something about it, and that she appears to be on the road to a full recovery.

    Having just gone through this with my wife, I agree it is quite disturbing.
    I'm sorry to hear about your wife, Rich. I'm glad to hear she is expected to have a full recovery.

Similar Threads

  1. Perry Simmons wins multiple awards
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-06-2013, 03:36 PM
  2. Perry Jones ineligible
    By RoyalBlue08 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-10-2011, 09:19 PM
  3. I'm no Perry Mason, but something seems amiss...
    By Kewlswim in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-04-2009, 02:55 PM
  4. Lithium Loves Perry Farrell
    By CameronBornAndBred in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-22-2008, 08:26 PM
  5. Shannon Perry
    By Bluedawg in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-15-2007, 06:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •